Top Producer of Degrees for AA 2007

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It blows my mind how Ga St went from being a last resort school in the ATL where every one went when they didn't have the grades to a school where blacks love to flop to. This young generation is something else or should I say their parents.

Congrats! I see Grambling is at 60! Seems like FAMU has been leading the pack over the last few years. I think FAMU is the largest HBCU now.

It blows my mind how Ga St went from being a last resort school in the ATL where every one went when they didn't have the grades to a school where blacks love to flop to. This young generation is something else or should I say their parents.

Geogia State is a direct reflection of Atlanta's growth juxtaposed to an untapped market. Atlanta for the longest has gone without a PUBLIC HBCU. Consequently, the AA demographic has assimilated to mainstream businesses as well as educational institutions as desegregation has matriculated. If you add pricing along with supply and demand, Georgia State's upward surge was inevitable. The private HBCU(s) in Atlanta pricing is not realistic for a lot of prospective college bound AA students (median $5500 off campus and $10,500 on campus). The best alternative is a Public College education. The large population of AA students must go somewhere and those destinations are now obvious.......Interesting phenomenon

Geogia State is a direct reflection of Atlanta's growth juxtaposed to an untapped market. Atlanta for the longest has gone without a PUBLIC HBCU. Consequently, the AA demographic has assimilated to mainstream businesses as well as educational institutions as desegregation has matriculated. If you add pricing along with supply and demand, Georgia State's upward surge was inevitable. The private HBCU(s) in Atlanta pricing is not realistic for a lot of prospective college bound AA students (median $5500 off campus and $10,500 on campus). The best alternative is a Public College education. The large population of AA students must go somewhere and those destinations are now obvious.......Interesting phenomenon

While I agree with you for the most part, I still think most of it has to do with the White is right mentality that Atlanta is going thru. Atlanta is about to become an interesting place over the next couple of years for blacks. I have seen Atlanta change in various ways, but somethings are going to get interesting.

It is not very suprising to me. With all of the blacks that live in the Atlanta Metro area, for those kids that want to stay close to home and go to college, Ga State is the best option for them. As JRock said, the private HBCU's are too costly. The public HBCU's in GA are a 2+ hours away. It is nothing more that economics and access.

It is not very suprising to me. With all of the blacks that live in the Atlanta Metro area, for those kids that want to stay close to home and go to college, Ga State is the best option for them. As JRock said, the private HBCU's are too costly. The public HBCU's in GA are a 2+ hours away. It is nothing more that economics and access.

Once again I know the demographics of ATL. I was born and raised there, I am one of those kids who left home because it was to expensive to go to the AUC, have plenty of family members in the politics of ATL, have family members that are on various city councils, school boards and anything else you can name over there, but my opinion still stays the same. ATL is changing and I have been saying this for years. Unfortunately the blacks who have no ties to the city and just move their because of the fascination are blind sided to this. The next 5-10 years is going to be very interesting. Just remember I told you so. Look at Cobb County. East Cobb is not growing for nothing.

Once again I know the demographics of ATL. I was born and raised there, I am one of those kids who left home because it was to expensive to go to the AUC, have plenty of family members in the politics of ATL, have family members that are on various city councils, school boards and anything else you can name over there, but my opinion still stays the same. ATL is changing and I have been saying this for years. Unfortunately the blacks who have no ties to the city and just move their because of the fascination are blind sided to this. The next 5-10 years is going to be very interesting. Just remember I told you so. Look at Cobb County. East Cobb is not growing for nothing.

Cee--

It doesn't matter where you were raised or where the demographics are from. The large AA population have to get educated somewhere if choosing to stay close to home. Consequently the PWC (s) get them by default. It is a simple matter of supply and demand. As the metro areas grow, so will these public institutions. Not only are students attending but their faculty and staff are full of AA (s)..........I see it every day ( People are not looking at white vs black universities in this area but rather what is cost effective..........Sorry it is just not the mentality overall in metro Atlanta; just keeping it real )

Kudos to Alcorn State and Xavier of Louisiana for finishing #1 in Agriculture, Agricultural Operations, & Related Sciences, and African American Baccalaureate -Biological and Biomedical Sciences respectively. Xavier also finished #1 in Physical Sciences.

Props to Georgia Tech #1 in Engineers ( I know that makes one Grambling poster happy......Perhaps he is having tea with the Emperor of Japan ) :lol: :emlaugh:
Props to "The Big Cement Campus" Georgia State University #1 in Psychology.

Props to Georgia Tech #1 in Engineers ( I know that makes one Grambling poster happy......Perhaps he is having tea with the Emperor of Japan ) :lol: :emlaugh:

Damn skippy....
logo-coe.gif

and do not underestimate the power of tea. Seeping tea with the Emp enabled Cataract Spears contract to be bought out. Icons respect Icons even as far as the Far East Japan. ;)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back