Top Foreclosure areas in the U.S.

Detroit is number 1.

:(

I know of some people that have moved to the Maryland area because of the automotive companies closing in Michigan. It's tough out there! I was reading the other day where Baltimore is having a lot of foreclosures also because of the subprime lending.

It's understandable with all of the job-cuts.

All of this is related to things we talked about. There is a thread about Domestic vs Foreign cars on the SMALL TALK page and 90% of US want foreign cars. There was a thread last year about companies OUTSOURCING jobs overseas, but 90% of us were against it.

So, it seems we (Americans) want our cake and eat it too. We want to invest and spend our money on foreign products, but we don't want our American companies to close its doors, even though we don't support them. We don't want our companies OUTSOURCING jobs, but we don't want to pay higher prices for the same services that are fullfilled with American workers.

We, the consumer, are a large part of this problem too.

All of this is related to things we talked about. There is a thread about Domestic vs Foreign cars on the SMALL TALK page and 90% of US want foreign cars. There was a thread last year about companies OUTSOURCING jobs overseas, but 90% of us were against it.

So, it seems we (Americans) want our cake and eat it too. We want to invest and spend our money on foreign products, but we don't want our American companies to close its doors, even though we don't support them. We don't want our companies OUTSOURCING jobs, but we don't want to pay higher prices for the same services that are fullfilled with American workers.

If the US companies were to market products that are equal in reliability to those foreign ones...this wouldnt be a problem. But when you have cars that are without a doubt the most reliable cars out...its hard to tell someone not to buy that car..especially when they're as gas efficient as they are.

You make perferct sense. I never looked at it that way!

Those foreign cars are mostly made here now anyway. Toyota is in Kentucky and other states. Nissan in Tennessee and Mississippi, Honda also has plants here. The bulk of the cars purchased in the U.S. are made here regardless of country of origin of the company.

Now, whether the parts used are made here is another story.

If the US companies were to market products that are equal in reliability to those foreign ones...this wouldnt be a problem. But when you have cars that are without a doubt the most reliable cars out...its hard to tell someone not to buy that car..especially when they're as gas efficient as they are.

Well, again I say "You can't have your cake and eat it too".

When you buy the American cars, it might not last as long as the foreign car and it may burn more gas, but it keeps somebody employed in the US.

Like you say "its hard to tell someone not to buy that car..especially when they're as gas efficient as they are."

Corporate America is saying..

"Its hard to tell us to not shut down plants in the US.. especially when we open plants outside the US that are even more cost efficient as the ones here"

OR

"Its hard to tell us to not shut down auto plants in the US.. especially when Americans are driving foreign cars".

I haven't been outside the US in such a LONG TIME. I just would like to know from some of you who have traveled the world. How many American made cars are on the road in other countries? How many plants are shut down in other countries to open them up here?

Back