Top 10 coach-player feuds

Blacknbengal

Top 10 coach-player feuds

What happens when the time-tested, revered relationship between player and coach goes horribly wrong?

You get something like what happened this past weekend when Angels outfielder Jose Guillen raged against his manager, Mike Scioscia, for getting pulled late in a game. Guillen was incensed as he left the field and wound up throwing his helmet toward Scioscia in the dugout. The tirade helped land the slugger a season-ending suspension ? a pretty bold move by a team in the throes of a hotly fought pennant race.

Let's see how many of you remember these incidents.

Rest of the story

I was going to post the article. Anyway, here are a few others.

Bill Parcells and Phil Simms - I guess they kissed and made up years ago.

Dan Reeves and John Elway - I guess they kissed and made up too.

Mike Keenen and a lot of players - In the NHL I do not think that Keenen is the most liked person. BTW he did coach Gretsky in St. Louis.

Earvin 'Magic' Johnson and Paul Westhead - Westhead got fired. The Tank McNamra (sp ??) cartoon could not resist the story.

Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson - Rudy T had better watch his back.

Babe Ruth and his manager in New York - I forget the manager's name, but the little guy, the manager, won.

Wilt Chamberlain and his coach in San Francisco - I think it was S.F. Whereever it was the coach got fired.

Hubie Brown and Eddie Johnson - This was Atlanta's sport's soap opera. Eventually, Eddie got into trouble. As for Hubie he was not easy to please. The management felt this as well as the players.

Chuck Noll and Terry Bradshaw - This was the coach and QB fued of the '70's.

Tom Landry and 'Dandy' Don Meredith - Dandy Don's personality did not match the straight laced Landry's.

Jerry Glanville and Warren Moon - Maybe some old Oiler fans can shed light on this one.

As for Dibble and Pinella, they kissed and made up years ago.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back