today's episode of Trading Spaces

jelli

Music Lover
Ok, I'm watching the one where Doug wanted to paint these people floor and the neighbors were like "No I will glue myself to the floor if I have to keep you from painting it". He got mad and started pouting and refused to help the folks. He felt that he is designer and he should be able the decorate the room anyway he wants but the home owners didn't want him to touch it.

So my question is who is right, the home owners for putting stipulations on the design or the deisgner for having a vision and wanting to see it all the way through.

The way I see it, is if you don't want things touched or done to your room then don't go on the show. I feel that if you ask someone to decorate a room for you then they should be able to do whatever.

all i saw was the end of the show where they had the bedroom looking like it was vandalized

heck, i'd rather watch THIS
s19.jpg

biggrinpimp.gif

Everytime I watch trading spaces the designer is trying to do something the couple told their friend to maeke they didn't touch. Like on one episode the designer wanted to paint the fireplace and the couple was like no the husband said you can chage everything but that. Dude gor mad an was tring to be slick and throw paint close to it lol...

I saw this episode

I think Doug was upset because they challenged him on most of his ideas. I guess with him being a designer he thought they should listen to him. I went to the web site about trading spaces, and it seems as though the contract states that the designer is the one with the ideas for the room.

I feel as though if they sign up for the show you are taking a risk.

I thought the room was okay, I am not sure how much different the floor would have looked, but I liked the color scheme he used. They really needed him, because they had no idea on what to do.

Hilda's room I did not like, but the homeowners did. All of the swirls and that blue color was to busy for me.

Doug and Hilda are the designers that come up with crazy ideas. I prefer Vern, Ginveve(sp) and sometimes Frank. The only show that I saw with the black designer was the room she designed with the astro turf:confused: I did not care for that one.
Out of all of them I really like Laurie's designs. I don't know if she is back from maternity leave

I didn't like the supposedly "Tiffany" rm either; it look like grafitti on the wall. I'm not a Doug fan but I think the room would have look better w/ the stained floors to match the rest of the wood furniture in the rm.

Back