Today Show Caught Staging a Report

cat daddy

Did you guys see the story about the video clip where NBC put the reporter in a boat and tried to make it seem that she was in very deep water?

Funny stuff to me.

'Today' show embarrassed by 'video stunt'
Report preceded segment criticizing Bush military event as 'staged'

Posted: October 14, 2005
5:00 p.m. Eastern
? 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Just ahead of a report criticizing President Bush's satellite-linked session with soldiers in Iraq as a "staged" event, NBC's "Today" show was caught in a video stunt of its own.

Calling it a "deliciously ironic twist of fate," the conservative weblog NewsBusters noted that shortly before airing a segment "aimed at embarrassing the Bush administration," NBC reporter Michelle Kosinski ? filing from flooded Wayne, N.J. ? appeared embarrassed when an orchestrated camera shot went awry during the broadcast this morning.

In what appeared as an attempt to mitigate the failed dramatic effect, "an embarrassed Kosinski claimed the water was deeper down the street but that her producers didn't want to let her go there for fear she'd drift away," the weblog reported.

At that, "Today" hosts Matt Lauer and Katic Couric began to poke fun at the reporter.

"Are these holy men, perhaps walking on top of the water?" Lauer joked.

"Gee, is your oar hitting ground, Michelle?" Couric asked mockingly, before she and Lauer broke into laughter.

Full Story

Video Link Here

I don't normally watch Today, but I happened to catch that report. And when I saw it, I remember thinking just how ridiculous the reporter looked.
She was just "rowing" back and forth, looking like an idiot.
:smh::smh:

Actually, given the recent tragedy of floods, I thought the whole thing was STUPID and now that I read that it was staged, I think its even more STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smh::smh:

Back