To The Texas Southern / Houston Folk

Deuce

First of all, I hope you guys have recovered from those floods of a couple of weeks ago. Secondly, I plan to attend the Bama State vs Texas Southern game on September 15th and I need a little info.

I have never been to Houston (or anywhere esle in Texas) and would appreciate your advice on good hotel choices that are close to the stadium. I assume the game will be on TSU's campus.

Also, if you would point out any points of interest that an out-of-towner might enjoy. I plan to be there for three days and two nights, and want to see as much of the city as I can in this brief period.

So help me out!

Thanks.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by unknown1
Deuce how come you ain't ask if I wanted to go?:redhot: :redhot:

unknown,

Judging by the lack of response to my post, looks like you and me are gonna be the only ones there.

Deuce you can ride with me & Bmony will probably stay at the SW Hilton. will tie unknown to the luggage rack Lol!!!

Originally posted by MACBFAC
Deuce you can ride with me & Bmony will probably stay at the SW Hilton. will tie unknown to the luggage rack Lol!!!

MAC,

Preciate the offer, but as of right now, it looks like I will be flying to Houston. A ten hour drive ain't no joke. Besides, it would be hard to get any rest with unknown banging on the roof all the way to Texas.:D

The hilton sounds good though.

Duece. Tsu doesn't have a football stadium. But the game is close to the campus. The Raddison at the Astrodome(which is now Reliant Park). Or the Holiday Inn that is in that same area. DO you like to club because there are plenty in the Houston you can check out.

Originally posted by jelli
Duece. Tsu doesn't have a football stadium.
Don't mess up little facts like that. That's what gets a school thoroughly smacked on for no reason.

I don't know where the game will be, so I can't tell you. The usual options for TxSU games are Robertson Stadium (newly renovated UofH football stadium), Reliant Astrodome, or Rice Stadium (Rice University campus). All of them generally in the same part of town, and each stadium is no more than 15 apart from the other. So, you can get a hotel just about anywhere on the south side of town, and be a decent time away from the stadiums.

My mistake let me clearify.. TSU doesn't use its stadium for football games. At any rate, the Alabama State Game is sept 15th at Robertson stadium at 7pm on the campus of UofH. Also Uof H has a hotel there on the campus you can stay at Deuce.

jelli & O'Bladerunner,

Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to visiting Houston for the first time ever, and seeing us play Texas Southern for the first time in a few years.

This should be a good game. I've heard a lot about Leonard Mack and Adam Lamb. And I'm sure you have heard a little bit about Darnell Kennedy and the HOBO Offense.

Talk to you guys later.

Peace

Originally posted by Deuce
jelli & O'Bladerunner,

Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to visiting Houston for the first time ever, and seeing us play Texas Southern for the first time in a few years.

This should be a good game. I've heard a lot about Leonard Mack and Adam Lamb. And I'm sure you have heard a little bit about Darnell Kennedy and the HOBO Offense.

Talk to you guys later.

Peace
Let me know if you want to hit some clubs. I will get the info to you on the parties going on around town. The restaurants here are good also. I hope you guys don't take this beating TSU is going put on you to personally..;)

Back