To my East Coast wodies

GSUperTiger

The "Icon" of BCF
Nothing growing up down South prepares you for the wrath of Jack Frost.

I am walking through snow up to my ankles with more to come. Next week, more snow is coming. Winter just began last week. I can not take too much more of this. I went from a fresh T and shorts in the Boot to dressing like a mummy back here in the Empire State. How do you cope???

NYC is the tshi; but Jack Frost is a mother........

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by GSUperTiger

I am walking through snow up to my ankles with more to come. Next week, more snow is coming. Winter just began last week. I can not take too much more of this. I went from a fresh T and shorts in the Boot to dressing like a mummy back here in the Empire State. How do you cope???

ROTMMF!!!!! :emlaugh: :bawling:

Heyell to the naw! Can't NA-TANG down south prepare you for that ill mess that goes on from August (yep) to May (yep) every year up yonder. Nope. Call me puddin', poo-nanny, ill-na-na or whatever! But, when IT snowed on my arse May 22, 19 hunnerd and ninety while playing bball outside (came from nowhere), I made a SOLEMN promise to myself that I'd leave that place pronto, ASAP, in-a-hot-minute, w/ or w/out sights for a job, etc. :mad: The company couldn't have quadrupled-dupled my salary and I stand that mess. Heyell nawlllllllllllll... You have my sympathy cause it's about 59 degreez and sunny here in <b>COLD</b> arse Dallas. So, I know that the weather closer to the coast (along IH10) is a lot better than even this mess. :shame:

I see you're still getting used to the wrath.

I lived most my days on the East Coast (NJ). It take some adjustmens, but it's worth it. :cool:

Say DTown, coming to the city in a few weeks? PM me. ;) :p

I guess we need to pass the hat and take up a collection to send you a piping hot pot of Gumbo.

I could not handle that crap. I spent 6 weeks in Dayton, OH one winter and damn near froze my narrow azz off. It was snowing, 9 degrees and they wanted a South LA boy to drive in that mess. you know we stay home when we get any kind of snow I was so happy to get back to God Country. It was 68 degrees in Dec.

GSUpe,

I feel ya bruh. I was sent up to Toronto one time in the middle of freakin' February. I was suppose to be in the mug for 4 days. I completed the stuff I was suppose to do in 2 days and got my ass back to Dallas. It takes a special kind of negro to be able to live in those conditions, and I ain't one of them. :sad:

It's cold in the south also

Well I grew up in Mississippi. Once I graduated from Grambling I took a job in Tucson, Arizona. The weather is nice throughout the year( Damn I miss it). Now I'm in Huntsville, Alabama and it's cold as a MF. Luckly we don't get the heavy snow.

Man you all suck. Ain't nothing like fresh snow. Please it makes for the best love making and the best walks in the park. Skiing, Ice skating and all that. Man you guys are punks. :smh:

It's only up to your ankles.....man that aint snow, that just a little covering of the streets with a little wet stuff. Like Toi said ya'll suck if you complaining about that. We grew up where that Hawk beat you down the street and snow would be 2-3-4-5 ft high on the sidewalks and you would need a thaw in April to know the season changed. Then with our luck we would still get another storm in May.

Re: Re: To my East Coast wodies

Originally posted by Fiyah

It's only up to your ankles.....man that aint snow, that just a little covering of the streets with a little wet stuff. Like Toi said ya'll suck if you complaining about that. We grew up where that Hawk beat you down the street and snow would be 2-3-4-5 ft high on the sidewalks and you would need a thaw in April to know the season changed. Then with our luck we would still get another storm in May.
that Midwest weather is something else isn't it? :cool: :D

I moved from Montgomery, AL to Youngstown,OH. Never knew it could be that cold and I never saw snow before that. All I can say is wear multiple layers of clothing and warm socks. After 12 yrs of it I got used to it but I still moved south as soon as I could.

Re: Re: To my East Coast wodies

Originally posted by Fiyah

Gotta LOVE THE CHI!

We got two seasons, snow and hot. We don't even consider spring and fall as seasons anymore, we go straight from the cold and snow to it being hot, with a rainshower in between.

And Fiyah, you know you spoiled to that TX weather, calling me mornings talking about "it's 40? here, oweee I gotta warm up the truck, it's chilly here!" That ain't cold, in Chicago that's shorts weather.

GSUper......its gonna be alight

You get used to it like CSU*NJ....

Im orginally from Rochester, N.Y. and the cold weather anit no joke upstape....

No doubt......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Re: Re: To my East Coast wodies

Originally posted by Jacy

Gotta LOVE THE CHI!

And Fiyah, you know you spoiled to that TX weather, calling me mornings talking about "it's 40? here, oweee I gotta warm up the truck, it's chilly here!" That ain't cold, in Chicago that's shorts weather.

Don't even try, I didn't say it was cold....I said my mother said it was cold. But I'll get to see how it is later this week.

Supe dayum these people. I feel you my boy!

That is too dayum cold. I said I don't ever want to live anywher that doesn't shut the city down when it snows! That would mess up my entire pattern of thought.

Snow is for punks. Anythung below freezing, is too cold for this Bayou Boy!

Too dayum bad for all ya'll, its windy as he!! here but in the mid to upper 80's. High temperature records have been broken.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: Over 12 inches of snow. I can't see my tires on my car. I am not going outside until they move the snow. They said they will try to get to the neighborhoods by Thursday. WTF!!!!

Originally posted by JSU*Toi
Man you all suck. Ain't nothing like fresh snow. Please it makes for the best love making and the best walks in the park. Skiing, Ice skating and all that. Man you guys are punks. :smh:

That's how you catch the flu.

in Baltimore it's a total of

23.9 inches, beating out 1996. It's killing us peeps with cabin fever. And shevelin' ain't my thing.

At least it's not Allegheny (sp) county with 49 inches of snow.

Back