to any Jackson State fans

bbrundemonn

Just a friendly Northwestern State Demon fan saying hi here.

Hopefully a bunch of ya'll make the trip to Natchitoches on August 30. If you have never been before our stadium is pretty nice and has FieldTurf (same stuff as Nebraska). Also, the visitors section is located on the big side of the stadium opposite the visiting sideline. So if you want to get tickets above the JSU team get general admission....you'll have to sit above the student section but it'll be god seats.

Our offense should be pretty solid. Defense is young but I think they'll be alright and should be interesting to see if we can slow down your passing attack.

Either way it goes I think it'll be a good game.

we also have a Delphi board so feel free to come chat with us before the game.

I'll also be the guy at the game with the Demon Flag so if you go to the game come on over and say hi or something and Tailgate.

Welcome to the SWACPage Demon......:tup:

And thanks for the stadium info. It'll come in handy when the Tigers come to town.......

And I'll be looking for the flag....

What's the name of the chat board? I feel some 'smack' coming on......

:dude:

I Concur

Welcome In, Demon. I concur with Taylor-Made. Glad to have you. Just don't get beside yourself.....:)

:wavey: Just A Female's Perspective

the demon board is at http://forums.delphiforums.com/forkemdemons

Everything is pretty friendly over there right now...of course I also smell a little "SMACK" coming once August rolls around ;)

:devil2:

Also for those coming that plan on tailgating, and I'm sure the Southern fans can back this claim up, outside the stadium near the river is the best place to tailgate. There is also some tents that will be set up on the practice fields (right next to the stadium) where I'm sure we'll have enough food to pass around.

For some reason I love Northwestern's stadium. When I was in High school, our band travelled to Natchitoches for Band Camp. We use to march in their stadium. Very nice setup.

I think I am going to make that trip this year.

Demon man, good showing! :tup: We very much appreciate the "red carpet" invitation of joining you all's festivities. And Im pretty sure that we both will be looking to have a good time together. :)

Originally posted by bbrundemonn
Well until the game starts....then it's war ;)
devil-smiley-009.gif
devil-smiley-029.gif

Welcome to our the Swacpage bbrundemonn. I will definitely be making the trip to Natchitoches next month.

So tell me.... what is the seating capacity of your stadium?

Officially it's around 15,000. But for the Southern games we drew around 18,000 (added bleachers in the endzones). Most of the Stadium is general admission so you can sit anywhere you want (so get to Turpin early if your seats aren't reserved).

What up Sophandros...good to see you here.

I still post on YOGWF. Actually have posted on there 3 times last week. I don't post too much as I rarely get any Tulane info in Natchitoches. But I check the board pretty often.

I had to add the extra N because I forgot my old e-mail address. (I registered here a good while back).

And it's good to see some of you Jackson fans stopping by our board.

Stadium Pictures

As BBRUNDEMON stated, a big welcome to all Jackson St. fans. Everyone come on over, it will be a big party.

Here are some stadium pictures:

http://www.nsudemons.com/football/facility.html

For additional information, go to www.nsudemons.com

The stadium seats 16,000, but as many as 18,000 have jammed in. It's really a short trip relatively speaking, and what better to do on a Saturday night than go to a college football opener (especially when it is your favorite team!).

See you in Natchitoches.

Originally posted by bbrundemonn
What up Sophandros...good to see you here.

I still post on YOGWF. Actually have posted on there 3 times last week. I don't post too much as I rarely get any Tulane info in Natchitoches. But I check the board pretty often.

I had to add the extra N because I forgot my old e-mail address. (I registered here a good while back).

And it's good to see some of you Jackson fans stopping by our board.

What is YOGWF??

We look foward to coming over to Northwestern. I won't have to worry about tickets thank God. I'll be on the sideline. ;) It's almost that time folks.

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
We look foward to coming over to Northwestern. I won't have to worry about tickets thank God. I'll be on the sideline. ;) It's almost that time folks.

Are you one of the fortunate 60? You are aware of the new NCAA rule this year.....

This should be a good matchup...

I believe Scott Stoker (NWST coach) played qb against JSU. Unless he has a brother, I'm sure it was him. Dude was small in stature but was a tough little hombre. I remember JSU put some big hits on him but he hung in there. I think JSU won the game though...my memory is getting sorta vague (but it was on ESPN).

This could be a good "occassional" rivalry for both teams and the conference. I'm hoping that GSU plays Northwestern real soon...they are probably the closest 1AA school from Grambling.

Originally posted by PNeck019
Are you one of the fortunate 60? You are aware of the new NCAA rule this year.....

What rule is that?
I write for our paper so i have my sideline passes for all the games.

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
What rule is that?
I write for our paper so i have my sideline passes for all the games.

The NCAA has passed a new rule for 2003 stating that a maximum of 60 non-uniform personnel (including coaches, managers, trainers, etc.) may be in the team area, and then only with a sideline pass.

You apparently have a media pass so it's all good.

As for me, my sideline trips are over I'm sure. I'd usually just ease down there and get one from one of my boys on the coaching staff, but now that they're limiting them....but of course I won't be at any McNeese games this year anyway, except the second round of the playoffs.....

Originally posted by MikeBigg
This should be a good matchup...

I believe Scott Stoker (NWST coach) played qb against JSU. Unless he has a brother, I'm sure it was him. Dude was small in stature but was a tough little hombre. I remember JSU put some big hits on him but he hung in there. I think JSU won the game though...my memory is getting sorta vague (but it was on ESPN).

This could be a good "occassional" rivalry for both teams and the conference. I'm hoping that GSU plays Northwestern real soon...they are probably the closest 1AA school from Grambling.

Stoker was indeed the QB for Northwestern from 1986-89. He played for his father, Butch, at Alexandria Senior High. Incidentally, the baseball coach then and now at ASH is Don (father of Chris) Boniol.....

Scott was a McAssistant from 1994-2001.....

Back