Tithing...

Answer please..

Alexxus:
I don't understand how man can give Uncle Sam his money up front, but have a problem giving God his.

If everything we are, we own...we see...we have been blessed with belongs to God. Do you honestly believe and still say that the scriptures should be interpreted as 10% financially is what we should give?

And before you answer think about all of God's people.
All of God's children....that "we are" ...rich and poor and tell me that the scripture meant "monetary tithes".
I beg to differ as someone previously stated. Not everyone has a job...not everyone has a quote "monetary income"...but God provided all his children equally with LIFE and the gift of eternal life that shall be granted if you believe and live accordingly!

All that we are ...all that we acquire is what we have to offer to God. 10% of all that you are total should be returned to God...as he requests...you can't stipulate the
God's Wealth and treasures HE has given us....to "money":(
For he has blessed us all the same and in different ways @ the same time from the richest to the poorest. Give 10% of all that you are and you will be blessed according to his word! I'll give 10% and more of all that God has given me...but I won't give 10% of all that I am in simply a "monetary" form. Never!
That's my .02. ;)

APW, I will do what works for me, and you can do what works for you. But, can you honestly say that you give God 10% of your all and all?? I mean, even from a time point of view, are you giving God 10% of your time? The definition of tithe has been intrepreted in many forms. Yes, some of the scriptures refer to tithe as the 10th of your earnings. In the same respect, if you do not have an income, you cannot give. When I first started teaching, I did the contract where I would get my payroll in 9 months increments. Well, I was broke for the summer and I did not tithe because I did not have an income. Needless to say, after that experience I went to a 12 month contract. I will say this, God knows our hearts and situations. The tithe was simply about obedience. I have found that when we obey God, he will reward us. I can only speak of my personal faith and beliefs. I respect everyone's beliefs and opinions. You do what works for you, and I'll do what works for me. Peace and blessings.

Greetings prayer board:
It's been a while, but I'm back. Peace!

Alexxus, I feel ya.

Peeps, we can't confuse tithing and giving, tithing and giving to the poor, tithing and supporting the church, and giving and sowing.

He said the tithe is holy, it belongs to Him. (I know everything belongs to God). The tithe is set aside for Him wether we want it to be or not.

There is no offering without tithing first. You can't complete the second step until you have taken the first.

Tithing should be labeled thithing because that is what God called it. Tithing is called tithing for a purpose. That is a topic in itself.

In Corinthians Paul was not talking about giving the tithe, but giving unto others.

God said bring the tithe and offering into the storehouse. When I have done that, I have done what God has asked of me. Therefore the principles of tithing and offering will work for me irregardless of what the local church leadership does. Once I bring it in, it leaderships responsiblity. Prayfully they will do the right thing.

The principle is much deeper than this but for the sake of time I will end.

one more thing to jar you thinking. If you have a problem with tithe and offering, you will have a serious problem with first fruit giving.

Much love.

Originally posted by bmony
Greetings prayer board:
It's been a while, but I'm back. Peace!

one more thing to jar you thinking. If you have a problem with tithe and offering, you will have a serious problem with first fruit giving.

Much love.

Good to see you back! Our pastor just finished a series on first fruit giving, and I agree with you.

saints,

Tithing was introduced to God's people because of His
character, not just because of the old testament law.

That's why Abraham payed tithe hundreds of years before the law was introduced. Refer to Matthew 23:23 and the whole chapter. Also refer to Hebrew ch 7 dealing with us as Abrahams' descendants today.

Tithing is still in full effect today and so is offering, after you've paid tithe!

terrence

Back