Those who've ever had a physical fight, sign in...

Panther88

Banned
What in the world could cause you sooooooooooooo much emotional trauma that one had to use hand to hand (or weapons) to direct physical harm on another?

I've never ever in my life had ANY physical confrontation, so, I'm curious. I've SEEN quite a few as I was on my way away from them. But, they ALL seem to have that one common trait associated.... Truly preventable and could've been avoidable. A situation that occurred yesterday triggered this thought. I was playing bball and of course, it got overly physical. Words turned into pushing and so I stepped in when I saw guys that I normally play w/ about to go @ it. One even called me SEVERAL choice names and I just shrugged it off. As we all were leaving the gym, the other involved guy told me something like this: <b>"Mane! Why didn't you let me bust 'dat fool! I have my isht out in da' car mane... :mad: And he called you a *$#&$&* and a *#&$&$(???? Mane! *F* 'dat beach! I'm gone *F* him up da' next time I see him!:mad:......"</b> I replied: <b>"At least you'll have the opportunity to have a 'next' time because right around now, you could've been either in jail for murder or dead. Or, worse yet, you could've innocently killed someone else... like me. Your choice...."</b> He looked @ me like this-> :confused: and said <b>"damn... that's deep mane... 'Preciate ya' lookin' out 4 a <u>brotha'</u> Rick."</b> Mind you, these were 2 supposedly educated white guys who are corporate :smh: and we were in Southlake's Solana private gym. :rolleyes: I guess Dex was going to go to his benzo and get his isht... LOL :smh: Man, I tell ya'... :smh:

Educate the sheltered one please... Those of you who've found the need to put your fist upon another's head/body, why did you do it AND do you now regret it? Do you even consider how the other party may now feel about it (especially if you whooped up on their head)?

Well, Lessee ...

There was that time in high school where I punched this chick in the eye, and made one of those little blood blister looking thingys on her eyeball ...

Then there was the time at a Que party when this Alpha kept grabbing my girl's arse, and then got mad and started talking stoopid as all get out when she asked him to stop, then SPIT in my face when I told him all that wasn't quite necessary, so the next thing he witnessed was his eyeglasses flying across the room and my fist connecting yet again with his nose, THEN he got put out of the party ...

And I can never forget the time I maced my ex-husband in the face at point blank range ... he kinda brought that on himself ...

But for the most part, I am basically a peaceable person!

:rolleyes:

:D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Oh Lord....

Originally posted by Vinita

And I can never forget the time I maced my ex-husband in the face at point blank range ... he kinda brought that on himself ...

He brought it on himself, huh? ;) :eek:

Thanks for the warn- ...update there, Sybil....I mean Nita! :D

Re: Well, Lessee ...

Originally posted by Vinita
There was that time in high school where I punched this chick in the eye, and made one of those little blood blister looking thingys on her eyeball ...

Then there was the time at a Que party when this Alpha kept grabbing my girl's arse, and then got mad and started talking stoopid as all get out when she asked him to stop, then SPIT in my face when I told him all that wasn't quite necessary, so the next thing he witnessed was his eyeglasses flying across the room and my fist connecting yet again with his nose, THEN he got put out of the party ...

I new we were "girls" for a reason. :D

Anyway P~,

I've only had about 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to....well hell you get the picture; fights in my life. The most recent was with my ex-husband and it was da bomb.:D I don't know why people have to resort to getting physical, it was just emotions running wild in me. But after homeboy pushed me, I couldn't think of much else to do. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Panthro
Those of you who've found the need to put your fist upon another's head/body, why did you do it AND do you now regret it? Do you even consider how the other party may now feel about it (especially if you whooped up on their head)?

No. Really dont regret it, because they deserved it.

No. Dont care how the other party felt about it, just knew it hurt like h3ll so they did not mess with me anymore.

Somehow, I knew that Niter and DTown would end up in this thread. :rolleyes:

*making note to never ever join DTown and Niter for gulz night out :rolleyes: *

:smh: @ BlackBengal.

We have a bunch of brawlers up in henyah... :smh:

I haven't been in a fight since the ninth grade, but I have been in a few verbal confrontations and near-fights since then. With maturity comes wisdom, and in most of the instances where near-fights have occurred the consequences far outweighed the rewards of kicking someone's arse.

Back in grade school the worse that could happen was suspension. In college, there is the possibility of community service or expulsion. On the job, you could obviously get fired and jack up your work record. There have been some people that have said things that I felt were out of line, but I try to be the bigger man and shake it off. You never know how someone is going to react after an arse-kicking. A wild person may come back shooting. A manipulative person may try to press assault charges(even if they were in the wrong). It's just too risky and childish as you get older. If someone puts their hands on me I will respond in kind, but luckily that hasn't happened in over 11 years now.

Looking back, a lot of the fights I had back in the day were over goofy reasons or were avoidable. But, since we always have to save face, the fights went down. Nobody wanted to be thought of as a wimp or a punk, especially not in Inglewood. As a result, we were pretty much fighting all the time. Friends, enemies, relatives, you name it. I feel bad for this generation because the prospective results of a fight as much worse. If you beat someone down back in the day, you were probably cool with that person again afterwards. If not, the worse that may happen is that you don't speak to that person or whatnot. Nowadays someone catches a beatdown and comes back blasting. I'm not going to front, I lost a couple back in my time. The worse that would happen is that you may get laughed at for a couple of days. It was never to the point where myself nor any of my peers wanted to grab a gun. That came about once the gang situation really escalated and more senseless violence started to occur. A lot of folks did stuff just to get a rep or to protect the rep that they already had.

Growing up, there was at least one occasion where every kid in my neighborhood had to throw. I was never an aggressor, but there were several occasions where I had to stand up and set a nicka straight. This was during the times where you could fight at 10 a.m. and be boys by 5 p.m.. No worries about guns, just blows.

My fights were always caused by some boy pushing up on me and pushing/punching me. Then it's on. You said what you wanted but you didn't put your hands on me. Well . . . if you talked too much noise, I mighta been inclined to find out if your bark was worse than your bite. I hate shat talkers (about fighting). Don't tell me what you gone do. Do it or STFU!!!! I didn't have time to listen that mess.

Panthro,

We'da ate you alive in my hood. ;) :D :p

Man, where do I start !!!!

I probably could talk about the several drunken brawls with rival fraternities that I had in college. Delta Delta chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi in my era was 8-1, our one loss came when we went to Que Delta weekend at USM and 30 of us tried to take on 687 ques (We made JET magazine and the local news as a result). Im no math major, but 687 goes into 30 as many times as it wants to, but we did'nt get hurt that bad because there were so many Ques that they were hitting each other in the back of the head trying to hit us.

I could also count the drunken brawls that me and several of my U.S. Military Academy (West Point) graduate buddies had across the border in Juarez, Mexico. I went through R.O.T.C. so I had fun in college, these boys have to "square their food" and get hazed for 4 years so when they graduated, they straight krunk.

So I have always been "Drawn by the Fray !!!" I lived for conflict and chaos..........
"Cry Havok and Let Slip the Dogs of War !!!!"
BTW, a rule of thumb in conflict...when you are about to engage in a group fight, always pick the biggest guy in the Fray. If he kicks your arse then you will still save face. But more than likely he has never been in a fight because everybody has been to scaired to fight him and he is more likely to Bluff. :D :D :D

I had a couple at Westbury, but that of course was way before kids got sent straight to jail for fighting in school. Back then all you got was three days I.S.S (In school suspenion)

My last fist fight was back at A&T in 97(I think) when I was still working part time at UPS. I was picking off boxes at the top of the conveyer belt one night and some clown kept turning the belt off at the bottom. This made all the boxes jam up at the end of the belt and thus make it harder for me to pick off. I think I called him a b*tch and told him to stop playing with the belt. He said something back to me and told me to come down and all this and that. When I came down the ladder, dude him me square in the head with a broom stick. LOL! Man, that ish hurt like a mofo.

I was shocked that dude would actually hit me with the handle of a broom stick at work, so at first I just stood there kinda stunned. Then I snapped out of it and comminced to dropping some southside Bs on his b*tch azz. Dude took so many rights he started asking for a left.

I remember my supervisor tackled me to break it up and he ended up slipping and busting his own lip. I don't know how that happened but I remember his lip was busted bad.

Not surprsingly me and old dude both got fired that night, but two weeks later we met before our union shop stewart and somehow got our jobs back, with all our seniority in tack. Don't ask me how the hell that happended but back then UPS was hungry for college students to work the midnight shift, and our local union was real strong.

Me and old dude pretty much let bygones be bygones after that, but we never realy talked to each other that much. About a year later he got fired again for stealing some jewelery out a package that came down the belt. That was the last I ever saw of him.

Originally posted by Robber
Growing up, there was at least one occasion where every kid in my neighborhood had to throw. I was never an aggressor, but there were several occasions where I had to stand up and set a nicka straight. This was during the times where you could fight at 10 a.m. and be boys by 5 p.m.. No worries about guns, just blows.

Panthro,

We'da ate you alive in my hood. ;) :D :p

That's the way I remember them too, not this crap they do now with guns and knifes. We went at it mano-o-mano and that was the end of it when we were finished. I even remember all the moms setting up these bouts to make us get it over with.

And I do remember a little rutkus at a step show in the old womens gym(the sweatbox) at PV with us the Sigmas beating up on the Ques. I think it started off by someone kicking(punting) a porcelin mutt off the floor before they were to come out, not only once but 2 or 3 times. And it was on.........But it was one of those old school fights, when it was over it was over. It didn't hover over the 2 organizations and we were all cool about it the next day.

I don't regret any of the confrontations I've been in, because I don't go around starting isht, and I don't aim - EVEN TODAY - of letting someone just lay their dayum hands on me without my consent.

Hmmm...let me break this down...

I've tapped a few males arses in my lifetime, but it was all in effort to defend myself. I remember pop'n off and slap'n one in particular for what I thought and still think was earned and I won't say why.

I did that not to fight, but to release the emotions that had built up inside. Immediately, after I did it, I felt extremely bad. Not because I hurt him, not because I slapped him, but because I had allowed someone to make me react in a way that was completely out of my character. So, I haven't slapped anyone since. NOT to say that I won't. :mad: Don't Duck Fith ME!

Never been in a fight with a female before...Fortunate for the she'z of the world. If you don't like me...STFAFM(Stay The Auck Fway From Me!) I don't believe in those accidental brushes as you pass by. If you don't like me or have something against me...for some stupid arse reason...ya sure as "L" not bettah not accidentally bump or brush up against me. I'm like this....once it becomes physical on your part towards me, I'm not responsible for my actions. :redhot:

In other words @ this point::smh:
<font size=5 color=red>:redhot:
STEP AWAY FROM THE VAL!</font>

(HINT-:uzi: I'm just too dayum purdy and too much of a woman to be try'n to be fight your arse and get all scarred up!):nod:

In my opinion no one should hit anyone...male or female.

The old saying about if a female hits a guy he should just walk away, I believe in, but not every man is going to do that because we're all human. Meaning, no one should hit anyone!

LESSON 101 IN PHYSICAL CONTACT:

<marquee><font size=6 color=green>
FOR EVERY ACTION THERE'S A REACTION!</font></marquee>

If you hit someone, regardless of their gender, expect to get hit back!
;)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
BgJag and D-Nice, I hope you all reading this thread. Do you need a few more dollars to increase security at the reunion?

My Little Arse Fought

All the time growing up because I was the smallest guy in the crew and everyone wanted a victory. In my neighbor, everyone had to fight someone from the West family (about 10 first cousins to include females) so fighthing was the norm and like Robber, we were friends the next day.

Now as a grown arse man, the last big fight I had was in 1993 at Ft. Leavenworth, KS when a bunch of us (Ques) got into it with some of the locals at the VFW. It was crazy and all I remember was someone saying "Yall Captains Better Get Out Of Here" and we ran like crazy from gun shots, bottles, etc... (after we beat some local arse)

I can't count the times my ex-wife jumped my arse. (I was an abused husband) :bawling:

MD, don't worry, if security is not up to snuff, I'm sure the Col, and myself can handle things.

As for me, I was a Arse Kicking Machine, too many fights to remember, and 2 that I care to forget. The 2 I'd like to forget, I got too big for my britches, and stepped up in weight class, and age. Needless to say, I got slapped back into reality.

NICE

In my younger days I'd scrap with the best of them but, As an adult I haven't had too!!! But I might throw some "4th ward beadz" on this wanna be preacher that has been tryng to get at the wifey!!!!:redhot:

APW,

Don't be claiming a one-slap incident as a fight with a guy. If he didn't throw on you, it was no fight. He just let you get away with slapping him.

Robber, have you heard of slapping the taste out of an individual mouth? Well her Grandma taught her well.

The taste thing is worst than a pimp slap.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Robber, have you heard of slapping the taste out of an individual mouth? Well her Grandma taught her well.

The taste thing is worst than a pimp slap.

Yeah, I've heard of "slapping the taste out yo mouth." I don't doubt that APW is good at it. I was just saying that one slap ain't no fight. Now, that slap can start one.

Now, let me ask you this. Have you heard this one??? "I'll beat a knot in yo ass!!!"

Its been a loooong time but......

My last real physical confrontation was when I was in the 8th grade. It wasn't really a fight. More like a one hitter quitter.

At the bus stop this 6th grader (who happened to be twice my size). Had been talking mad noise to me because a week earlier he got the best of me when we were play boxing ( his dumb arse got cocky and thought I was for real). Some how or another I ended up in a head lock. I got loose and told him "I told you I didn't want to fight you now I'm gonna have to kick yo a$$". I stepped back and did a roundhouse kick to his face.....Bruce Lee style

WAYAAAHHHH!!!!!

I got on the bus. He stayed behind to find his tooth on the ground.

The date: August 10, 1988.....

I had just graduated from Callaway, and was getting ready to go to Tuskegee. A couple of my buiddies and I went to the Junkyard#1, on Hwy 16, east of Canton....

We were flirting and dancing with a couple of girls from Canton and from Sharon (outside of Canton). I was slow-draggin' with the 'gull' named Vanessa Berry. She was shaped like a Coke-bottle, and hella-FINE!!!. I was gettin' my MACK on, trying to get her to leave wiff me. Anyway, she didn't tell me she had just broke-up wiff her boy-friend earlier that day. Anyway, that fool was outside the club. But his cousin saw us dancing, and saw me pulling an R. Kelly, 'feelin' on her booty'. He went and told 'im. He walked up and snatched her back, and got up in my face and isht. I turned and started to walk away (towards the bar where I had been sittin'). But as I started, he pushed me in the back, and I fell down (like a lil' bi*ch). I got up and kept walking towards the bar. He and his friends laughed when I fell, and he pushed me in the back AGAIN(he was way bigger than me). But by this time I was at the bar. I grabbed my Miller Genuine Draft bottle, and swung around, and.....:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I bust that bottle across that ni@@a's face. He fell to the floor hollin' and screaming, bleeding like a 'stuck' pig. I commenced to whuppin' that azz something awful. He was beggin' me to leave 'em alone. My putnuhs was all like :eek2: :eek2:

Somebody called the Po-Pos, and they made everybody go outside. They also called the Ambulance too. I was questioned by the Madison County Sheriff's Department for almost an hour, but they let me go. And no charges were filed.

And Donovan Taylor had 60+ stitches across his forehead and cheek.

That Fool's scarred for life......He messed with the wrong mofo..me!!

Back