THIS is what I'm talkin 'bout right hea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAG03

For all you NAY sayeers who have comments about MUMFORD, all that is out the door......
So now you can TRY and smack on something else!!!
18box2.jpg
Advocate staff photo by Bill Feig

Southern University sports information director Kevin Manns said it best.

"A lot of visiting personnel are going to be surprised," Manns said.

The new, two-floor press box, which will open for business with SU?s home and season opener against Northwestern State on Sept. 1, won?t have that problem.

The press box, part of a state-funded, $6.75-million renovation project, has 7,470 square feet per floor.

"The press box and suites facility marks a new era in Jaguar football and Jaguar athletics," SU athletics director Floyd Kerr said. "It?s a positive step and a new direction for Southern University.

"These are the type of projects we?ll be looking to expand upon in the future. It should be great for both our fans and the university."

The renovation project also included replacing the concrete seating, repairing the superstructure and waterproofing each side of the stadium.

Workers were in the process of installing aluminum bleachers to the east side Friday. The west side?s renovation was completed before the 2000 season.

Baton Rouge-based Arkel Constructors Inc. did the work.

"I think we?re on the right track with adding a great feature to the campus," said Eli Guillory, a facilities planner at the school. "This is a starting point for future expansions."

The first floor has seven roomy suites, including three for rent, for Southern?s VIPs and their guests. Three rooms can seat 22 guests, while three can seat 28 and one 47.

"We?re trying to make a positive move for the university to attract people to attend and promote the university," Guillory said.

Men?s and women?s restrooms are on each side of the first floor, with one each on the second floor. The previous press box shared one unisex bathroom.

What?s more, there are two elevators . Previously, radio and television crews, plus caterers, had to carry mounds of equipment up the stairs to the top of the stadium.

The second floor has a 47-seat main media area as well as rooms for each team?s coaches, each team?s radio personnel, television broadcasts, video platforms, scoreboard operator and public-address announcer. The previous press box had 18 seats total in one room for media and sports information personnel, as well as television, visiting radio and the public-address announcer.

With the added room, Manns said SU has already received more credential requests from media outlets who traditionally have not covered the school.

Construction of the new press box ? at that time tagged at $3.5 million ? was originally scheduled to begin in January 1998. But that start was delayed until March 2000 when all the monies and plans were in place.

Now this is a Stadium.....Greatmess, get a clue....Jsue maybe one day ya'll will have your own.......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hey Congrats! Be sure to give my regards to Henry Baptiste and JC Politz...but aren't they gonna be lonesome sitting by themselves in such a huge room?

The majority of the media will be covering GSU during our RAMPAGE through the SWAC!

OOPS! I forgot...I keep forgetting not to "rub" in about how GREAT we are and DAYUM, let me get off this board before people think I'm smacking again...Where's the Sports Board. At least over there, people will know I'm not BOASTING!

GO VALLEY...THE BEST SWAC TEAM IN MISSISSIPPI...BAR NONE:D

That's pretty funny coming from STICKVILLE....

When was the last time you were @ Mumford??? That issue is being addressed as we speak!!!!

Now I know you don't want me to talk about "that crater" called Eddie Rob stadium....will it flood and erode when it rains???

Plus you contry bumpkins are use to takin' a dump outside and wipin' your arse with leaves...a portie potty is a luxary item for yall!!!

Now SYAU and get ready to become "road" kill and everybody's out of town "booty"!!!!

Propaganda....

Originally posted by JAG03
That issue is being addressed as we speak!!!!

LOL!!! ha ha ha ha!!!

So basically you are saying no, there are no toilets with running water huh?

Man how smalltime is this?

Why are you bragging about finally getting some isth that a pressbox is suppose to have anyway? The very fact that you chose to create a thread to smack about a pressbox shows that you all never had isth in the first place.

Next you will bragging about getting a scoreboard that actually works. :rolleyes:

SAD!!! :(

Oops!

SOG:

Interesting point, man! :)

Kinda like when Baby Earl was on the corner braggin' bout:
"Shoot...I take care of my kids!"...as if he wasn't supposed to doin' that in the first place! :D

Originally posted by Suge

*snicker*

:emlaugh:

Propaganda....

Originally posted by Suge

LOL!!! ha ha ha ha!!!

That's kinda what I thought.

[Note to self: Be wary when shaking hands of Southernites in a 10' area of the port-o-potties}]

[Second note: Bring sanitary hand cleanser]

[Third note: Go to the bathroom at the hotel before I go to Mudford]

[Forth note: Wear some old-jacked up shoes. Don't want to mess up any new kicks]

I didn't see anything about a working scoreboard or lights that stay on when the visitors have the ball.

Re: Propaganda....

Originally posted by phatback

That's kinda what I thought.

[Note to self: Be wary when shaking hands of Southernites in a 10' area of the port-o-potties}]

[Second note: Bring sanitary hand cleanser]

[Third note: Go to the bathroom at the hotel before I go to Mudford]

[Forth note: Wear some old-jacked up shoes. Don't want to mess up any new kicks]

Phat -

My boots were so messed up after the game, I can't even wash off the ride in them!
:D

The sadest thing I saw @ Mudford in 1999

The sadest thing I saw @ Mudford in 1999, was this old lady in a wheel chair. She had a visiting ticket and they still made her wheel herself through that mud to get to her seat...

*SMH*

SU needs address that situation with the quickness. That's what you'll need to be talkin' bout

Dayum, this sure turned out ishtty didn't it!::emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

So glad the Delta Devils don't have to come here...

Note to Jaguars: Please no port a potties in Shreveport!

MSVU THE BEST SWAC TEAM IN MISSISSIPPI...BAR NONE!:D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by Get Ready
How long have press boxes been around now? Just asking

I'm not sure, but I think they came out about a month or two before the national unveiling of the candle-powered scoreboard! :D

"Night games...here we come!!!":emlaugh:

Where they around during the Great Depression, or is this some new fangled invention like...like...like....toilets?

Hey, didnt the ancient Romans have toilets? Didnt I see a toilet in that movie Gladiator?

"I am Bludious Maximus, Commander of the Army of the North"

This is sad.

Congrats on the "New" Press Boxes though. SU is really coming up. Wont be long before yall get that new Cotton Gin now. And then, the sky is the limit.

Truly a bunch of jack arses....

First of all, our press box was "UPGRADED" to the level of a 1A school......We've always had a press box......numbskulls.... DO you have elevators, wide screens and over 7,000 feet worth of space in your press box?? Thought not..post your seating capacity in your pressbox,.....if you can't STFU!

The mere fact GSU has the nerve to crack on Mumford and it's grass condition is retarded in itself....all that "monkey" grass, yall call grass in the stadium, does that isht EVER turn green??...That stuff is so bad, you can't even "spray" paint the grass to mark it off... I dare you to post a picture of your stadium!!! It's pure comedy....A hole made into a stadium....lol!!

AAMU granted your stadium is nice, but what happens when it rains??? It takes 2 months for it to dry b\c your fields "water" saturation pump is broken....I got this from one of your premier LB's back in '92 (Tarvis Wortham), he was also an assistant coach.......The pot can't call the tea kettle black!!!! By the way, who wants to play on ASTRO TURF anyway??? Can you say skinned up???

And last but not least, JSUe........Out all the people on the board, you shouldn't EVEN comment on stadiums, cuz basically.....you don't have one??!!! Sounds like a Luther Vandross song.... " A house is not a home..." You better make sure you thank the "POWERS" that be, cuz if you don't have their money that next Monday after a game, there will consequences and reprecussions...this is by far the highest form of pimpology!!!
:emlaugh:

By the way, before you go on calling it "Mudford", check this out.....we don't have those issues..our field has been completely redone and properly seeded and sodded....so go chew on that!!!

Re: Truly a bunch of jack arses....

First of all, our press box was "UPGRADED" to the level of a 1A school

Now answer this... What level was the press box upgraded from?

Re: Truly a bunch of jack arses....

AAMU granted your stadium is nice, but what happens when it rains??? It takes 2 months for it to dry b\c your fields "water" saturation pump is broken....I got this from one of your premier LB's back in '92 (Tarvis Wortham), he was also an assistant coach.......The pot can't call the tea kettle black!!!! By the way, who wants to play on ASTRO TURF anyway??? Can you say skinned up???

If and when this pump was broken, it can be repaired. The issue is, we had a saturation pump underneath the field to begin with. Who the hell is Tarvis Wortham? We weren't playing in Crews in '92. Sounds like the pot is making up a tea kettle. There is no astroturf at Louis Crews and never has been. Can you say.....LIAR?

By the way, before you go on calling it "Mudford", check this out.....we don't have those issues..our field has been completely redone and properly seeded and sodded....so go chew on that!!!

That is indeed good news. Since I won't walk around on the playing field, I'm more concerned with the mud and muck in the area outside of the stadium, and the 2X4's I had to walk across coming into the stadium to stay out of the quicksand. What have you done to remedy those problems?

Kneegroe please!!!

A level ABOVE yall's raggaty arse stadium.....I want you to post a picture of your stadium, so the whole world will know what I'm talkin' about........

That's alright.....EVERYBODY just imagine a HIGH SCHOOL stadium, with LITTLE LEAGUE landscaping!! LOL!:emlaugh:

Like I said...that crater yall call home aint worth talkin' about!!!

Obviously you don't know your own......

I was told you guys DID play on Astro turf @ one time......Maybe it's been taken up and grass has been added.... maybe your previousl practice or playing field was Astorturf......The pictures I saw had Astro turf.....so go figure.......Like I said...he was an ALL STAR Linebacker for yall, look him up if you don't believe me......

Now geeeeeet before I use my rolled news paper for you!!!

The only time the Bulldogs of Alabama A&M ever played on astroturf was at the Magic City Classic in Legion Field, and that was prior to 1996, when they took up the astroturf to put down natural grass for the 1996 Olympic Soccer games. So it looks like you don't know what you're talking about after all. There has never been astroturf on any surface on the campus of Alabama A&M University. As far as this mysterious reference of yours, I don't need to look him up. You certainly can't trust the word of anyone who doesn't or didn't know the type of surface he played on.

You know what amazes me, state supported school alumni talking about they own something paid for with public funds. I guess every last one of you have a key and can go set foot in the place anytime you want to. That's what I do at the home I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back