This is so sad. How the Japs see us.

J-State Tiger

Senate Candidate #7
This is probably too big unless you have a Cable connection or faster. But its sad how people in other countries look at black people. I cant lie I laughed at some parts. That was probably the saddest thing of all.

<embed src="http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~waheed/tokyo_breakfast_dsl.asf" console=true autostart=true loop=true width=400 height=400></embed>

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yes, the first impression is to bust someone in their lip, but where exactly did this image derive? Movies, Television? Da Hood? What must we do to erase this image? Do we do anything at all?

Agreed...

<font color=navy>
? What must we do to erase this image?

Well, we could start by not selling it in every music video, song, movie, TV show, radio show and general conversation we're involved in. That would help.

-ep

Yet, this type of image is what's selling. Take for instance Common, how many records has he sold compared to Ludacris?

As close as I am to my father I would never walk into the kitchen and say, wassup my *****. I'll say hey dad, what up!

Although Japs...er...japanese were in the movie. Who produce it? African American? Japanese? Caucasion? Other? Very well could have been an African American to get the point across. This comes from Canada or am I wrong?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by mighty hornet
I wish I could get a visual of the actual pic

but I don't know ANY black people who speak to their parents like that!!!
Ok this is the full thing...

It comes on an a asiaan man is making coffee for breakfast.. His son comes in and dad says Good morning ni&&a, your stocks are down *****. Son says good morning ni&&&&&aaaaaa and rap music plays. Then he says the stock market is one unpredictable ni&&a.

Mom is cooking breakfast and she says ni&&a i cooked your fav breakfast chicken and waffles. Sons says thanks *****. you my *****.. Mom puts on a rap CD. and Grandpa busts in like what the hell is this music. Then Granpa say good morning my ni&&as. and says if any Ni&&a calls for him tell them he is gone.. Gramps has on a "ni&&a gone fishing" t-shirt. Daughter comes in crying about ni&gga this and that.

Black dude busts in with a delivery of colt 45' and they holla out wassup my ni&&a.

The end.:rolleyes:

Thanks jst,

Sounds like it was produced by a black person and its supposed to be a parody of the Budweiser Whatsup commercials!

Asians using the "N" word in jest. :(
smh

It was funny at first. Then it got played out. If you take one of those slant eyed f'ers out...now you know what they really think about you.

NN

Grandpa was the funniest

It is Jackie Chan's fault...

The Japanese saw the movie "Rush Hour" and heard Jackie Chan say to ole boy, "Whats up my *****?"

And the rest was history.

What would you have done if you were the guy bringing in the drinks at the end? I think I would've been like WTF???:confused: :kaioken:

Why are we always trying to erase an image? While the video took it to an extreme to make it funny, its not an image, its the truth. Music videos only reflect the things we already do and they are for entertainment purposes, not to show the world the mannerisms of black folk. I know when I'm chillin with my friends we act like fools (and so do most other young people), but its a different story at the work place. It is our duty to act professional in a professional setting to show that blacks can do so.

And why is it that we can get on BET and act out stereotypes of Japanese and find it offensive when we catch them actin out a stereotype of us. The only racial group I won't tolerate racial jokes with is whites because their race has gone through nothing like slavery or being put in camps or a halocaust (at least not in this country). They are making jokes when they were the cause of the problem.

This does not surprise me at all. A friend of mine was in Japan for a summer and said that a lot of people have negative attitudes towards Blacks. A former Japanese prime minister said that Blacks and Latinos were dragging down the achievements of the U.S.

Now, my father was in Okinawa during the late '40's. I think that he said that those attitudes did not exist then or at least in large numbers. I will have to ask him.

So yes, I would blame ourselves. But I would also say take a look at the media and especially Hollywood.

I don't act like that......again I will never say to my father, "What's Up My N-word" and I will never tell my mother that she's my B-word. Now if the Asian kid would have gave his dad a high five and sadi what up dude and grabbed his mother's shoulders and said "mom you da bomb" then that would have been a proper reflection of my household. Hell I have a problem with BET too.

Originally posted by BLAQUE PRINCE
Why are we always trying to erase an image? While the video took it to an extreme to make it funny, its not an image, its the truth. Music videos only reflect the things we already do and they are for entertainment purposes, not to show the world the mannerisms of black folk. I know when I'm chillin with my friends we act like fools (and so do most other young people), but its a different story at the work place. It is our duty to act professional in a professional setting to show that blacks can do so.

And why is it that we can get on BET and act out stereotypes of Japanese and find it offensive when we catch them actin out a stereotype of us. The only racial group I won't tolerate racial jokes with is whites because their race has gone through nothing like slavery or being put in camps or a halocaust (at least not in this country). They are making jokes when they were the cause of the problem.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
I don't act like that......again I will never say to my father, "What's Up My N-word" and I will never tell my mother that she's my B-word. Now if the Asian kid would have gave his dad a high five and sadi what up dude and grabbed his mother's shoulders and said "mom you da bomb" then that would have been a proper reflection of my household. Hell I have a problem with BET too.

I did say it was over done for comedy, but you can't tell me you don't see folk chillin and reffering to each other with the n-word and things much worse. The fact is we set this image and just because somebody thinks its funny does not mean we should set out to change it. I find the behavior of alot of other races funny but I wouldn't expect them to change.

People need to realize that some stereotypes are true and deal with it.

Back