This is sad.

GSUperTiger

The "Icon" of BCF
How can Icon Grambling continue to carry a whole conference on its back? Our sustanined glory and tradition is unprecedented. I guess when almighty God called upon David to slew the uncircumsized Philistine, he looked upon the rolling hills of North Louisiana too. Only Grambling......................

GSU SPORTS INFORMATION

9-25-01

GSU FB POWs

GRAMBLING -- Grambling State quarterback Randy Hymes, linebacker Robert Taylor and kicker Brian Morgan have been named GSU's Players of the Week after leading the Tigers to a last-second win over Portland State on Saturday.

Hymes earned offensive POW honors after connecting of 14-of-23 passes for 157 yards in Grambling's 30-29 victory over Portland State while also rushing for 83 yards and two touchdowns. His biggest play came on a quarterback bootleg for a two-yard score with 0:00 remaining to tie the game.

The 6-4, 210-pound senior out of Hitchcock, Texas led the Tigers on a 10-play, 75-yd drive with 1:02 remaining for the GSU win.

Taylor was named GSU's Defensive Player of the Week for the second time this season after leading the Tigers with eight tackles against Prairie View. Taylor was also named GSU's Defensive POW for his opening week work at Alcorn State.

Morgan was named Special Teams Player of the Week after connecting on a winning 35-yard extra point with no time remaining to give Grambling the win over Portland State. Morgan also hit on a 29-yard field goal in the contest.

REMINDER: GSU's weekly football press conference will be held Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Eddie G. Robinson Stadium Support Facility.

Grambling coach Doug Williams was in Dallas Tuesday for a press conference previewing this weekend's State Fair Classic at the Cotton Bowl, forcing this week's GSU press conference to be pushed back until Wednesday.

-----------------------------

Cartel, I think these cats in the SWAC office just look at the depth chart and pick at will -- hell they can not go wrong. I guess winning/dominating the SWAC in a rebuilding year created this.

Who gives a siht about GSU'S POW. That's an internal honor. SMH.

Who is your student of the week? post it here >>>>>>>>>>>>>
Who is your teacher of the week?
Who is your president of the week?

Somebody reach me my hater stick. I wanna beat that hate outta my SgtCarter!

Hey BJ...Good luck against Tulane. What's their forum address so I can go cfuk with them some later on!

"SWAC" Players of the Week!!!!!

Offensive player of the week
Randy Hymes (QB) - Grambling State - 6-4, 200, Sr., Houston, TX. Hymes passed for 157 yds (14-23-1) in Grambling?s 30-29 victory over Portland State. Randy also rushed for 83 yds and 2 TD?s including a 2-yd run with 0:00 remaining to tie the game. Hymes led the Tigers on a ten play 75-yd drive with 1:02 remaining for the GSU win.

Defensive player of the week
Lenny Williams (DB) ? Southern ? 5-10, 185, Soph., Lake Charles, LA In the Jaguars 32-7 win over Alabama State, Williams intercepted 3 ASU passes, including a 66 yd interception for a TD. He is also credited with 5 tackles including 2 TFL (5).

Special teams player of the week
Ronnie McCoy (P) ? Texas Southern ? 6-0, 210, Sr., Houston, TX McCoy averaged 39.4 yards on 7 punts for a total of 276 yds against Alabama A&M. ? 2 punts were inside the 5 yd line.

Newcomer of the week
Tarnaka Counslor (RB) ? Jackson State ? 5-9, 178, Jr., Clarksdale, MS. Counslor rushed 216 yards and 1 TD (71 yds) on 15 carries in the Tigers? win over Mississippi Valley State.

Williams is a player. I was impressed with him last year! He needs to have a big effort against Tulane. But for some reason, I really think so.

You better, cuz I'm gonna talk about your azzes if you don't. Man, I can't wait til November!!!!!!!:redhot:

SU should match L. Williams against Tulane's Roydell Williams, the kid out of East St. John in LaPlace. He had scholarships anywhere in the country. This kid is a gamebreaker.

Yeah, Roydell Williams is an athlete. He was recruited by the SEC schools and was a 4th round draft pick in baseball. I don't know why he is not playing baseball in college.

That would be a good matchup! I think SU's corners will be okay...the key will be how good the safeties are. They must punish Tulane receivers on crossing routes.

The real player of the week is Robert Kent.....
The SWAC office lied and said they misunderstood Kents stats when they were sent to the SWAC office.

If the best I could do is say that someone had 157 yards passing, I wouldnt even choose a player of the week that week.

You are right about one thing Sup....THIS IS SAD.

GR,

I have to talked to SuperTiger and he is truly dilusional. We are going to have to rush him across the street to the hospital after he sees his team get embarrassed. He thinks Gram is good.

TP, it's only a natural response

SABER is apparently convinced that Gram is a juggernaut by virtue of beating the pale faces this weekend. (Pale faces who were ranked below his team from the onset, I might add.) Don't you know such a feat is the SWAC equivalent of freeing Excalibur? :rolleyes:

Which One Is It?

Is the Special Teams Player of the Week Texas Southern's McCoy or Grambling's Morgan?

I guess the SWAC office has two lists out. :rolleyes:

Whispering to C-Leb

GSUper was telling us the awards that DUG gives HIS players of the week after every game. ;) Your boy won SWAC special teams player of the week.

Apparenlty the SWAC was more impressed with 240 total yards and two rushing td's against a ranked team than they were by numbers posted against the last place and winless Eastern Division team.

Also the leadership show in leading the team down the field for a winning score as opposed to leading them across the field to get in a dayum fist fight. That's sad...at least yall didn't punch any cheerleaders. But still SAD!

This bah is ignant!!!!!! ROTF

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Apparenlty the SWAC was more impressed with 240 total yards and two rushing td's against a ranked team than they were by numbers posted against the last place and winless Eastern Division team.

<u>
Also the leadership show in leading the team down the field for a winning score as opposed to leading them across the field to get in a dayum fist fight. </u>That's sad...at least yall didn't punch any cheerleaders. But still SAD!

<font size=4>
hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhaahaaha!!!!
ROTF
</font>

Mr. Biggs sed leading his team across the dayum field for a fist fight!!!!! :snickering: rotf :emlaugh: Whew! Whew!!!!! :emlaugh:

Originally posted by MikeBigg

Also the leadership show in leading the team down the field for a winning score as opposed to leading them across the field to get in a dayum fist fight. That's sad...at least yall didn't punch any cheerleaders. But still SAD!
Uhhhhhhhhhhh frat, that was below the belt bruh.;) :D

Naw, it wasn't below the belt. That shot missed its mark completely. Matter of fact, he fell flat on his face after he missed. See, the Mighty Tigers didn't move. They stayed on their side of the field. He must have been talking about Valley players.

As for the POW issue, y'all can have it. Hymes can keep it. We all know what was more impressive.

We sure do Robin Hood, uh I mean Robba. THE DRIVE against Portland ST. by "Showtime" Hymes. Thanks Robba.

Back