This has to be the dumbest song on the radio

northern tiger said:
Bump what you talkin', spin it anyway you want to. That music sounds sorry. Regressing to appease is litterally backwards. :smh:
For you peolpe who like to defend this stuff that takes these lil' kids money. Name some songs from the '70's and 80's that would be equivalent to "Laffy Taffy"
:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

that actually was successful on the music charts.

This is a shame. Last night on PBS, they had a documentary on George Clinton, Parlament and The Funkadelics. Now folks trying to put todays garbage in the same category.

To you sweetness...but if your parents were older did they appreciate your generation's music. My grandmother doesn't like rap but her youngest daughter (my mother) does...she thinks rap is STUPID and SILLY...

I don't particular care for the music that's out these days and I don't have to...but my Momma don't like it either but she loves her old school rap and all that stuff...see what I am saying...well actually you don't have to...all are entitled to their own opinions...

"Now let me tell you bout this H that I met in the hood
I told I was Suge Knupe and it was all good......."

You gotta love a rapper named Crunchy Black!

I know I am getting old, and I aften agree with the song hate, but that beat and chorus to in love with a stripper is the bomb! Hell I liked dudes forst song....I'm Sprung too.

SimplyRedd said:
I am sure your parents shook their heads at the music you listened to. ...

No...they didn't.

And trust me, I can find stations that play the music I enjoy, or I'll grab the cds. I'm not blastin' anyone for listening to stupid music....whatever gets your groove on. I'm simply making a statement about how stupid it is. "Laffy Taffy" is one of the most stupid "tunes" in the whole Milky Way Galaxy. :lol:

AAMU Alum said:
No...they didn't.

And trust me, I can find stations that play the music I enjoy, or I'll grab the cds. I'm not blastin' anyone for listening to stupid music....whatever gets your groove on. I'm simply making a statement about how stupid it is. "Laffy Taffy" is one of the most stupid "tunes" in the whole Milky Way Galaxy. :lol:
I literally cringe every time I hear Laffy Taffy...it pisses me off, really. I think it's the worst schitt being played and the brothers that made it, need their asses kicked, for it. :tdown:

SimplyRedd said:
Once again...(I made this statement regarding Laffy Taffy) music is DIFFERENT. I am sure your parents shook their heads at the music you listened to.

As simple as that...

And that's all most of this new music is nowdays...SIMPLE. No creativity whatsoever.

In all honesty, I listened to more Sade, Luther and the Isley Brothers more than any thing popular at that time. Not only because of the instruments, chords and everything else, but the words of the music... For example:

"Driftin' on a memory...ain't no place I'd rather be, than with you..."---The Isley Brothers

"If this world were mine, I would place at your feet...all that I own. You've been so go to me...if this world were mine..." The late Luther Vandross

"Girl you know I-I-I-I-Love you...no matter what you do..."---Lenny Williams

Just to name a few...Not trying to shoot down some of these artist that are out now...but the quality of music has been, for lack of better words...shot to he!!.

Jax said:
This may have been discussed already but...I really don't get out much nor do I listen to the radio that much neither. A song I heard last night had me :smh: :retard: as well as :eek:...

"I'm In love with a stripper???"

WTH???

My students are singing that MEZZ. I told them if I hear them singing it, they'd write the whole song during recess....:lecture:

LadyLuck13 said:
My students are singing that MEZZ. I told them if I hear them singing it, they'd write the whole song during recess....:lecture:

I am a music teacher & I must admit that I don't like the song as well as a lot of the so called NEW music that is out. I agree with 98% of the replies on this subject. I am not a big rap fan because it tends to become nerve wrecking after 3-4 songs, however I do appreciate all types of music. The thing that gets me is that these children can learn this junk after hearing this crap one time but they can't speak/write a complete sentence, can spell more profane/vulgar words than words on a 4th grade level, can't read beyond a 6th grade level, confused with addition/subtraction/multiplication, & can't copy a word correct that is already spelled correct. We need to discuss those issues with our little cousins, brothers/sisters, & our own children. As for G. Clinton/Parliament, if you listen to what those guys said in their music 30 years ago, that stuff is reality today. If you listen to the crap that is out there today it is more stupidity than ignorance! Now, before someone try to challenge me about the word ignorant, the word simply means don't know. As I stated before I am a music teacher, so as I close let me correct you on something. It is not the beat that is tight, it is the RHYTHM! I am not directing this post to one individual this is an open opinion. Also I applaud you for making your students write, they need to do more of that too!

Warndalyn said:
I literally cringe every time I hear Laffy Taffy...it pisses me off, really. I think it's the worst schitt being played and the brothers that made it, need their asses kicked, for it. :tdown:

Amen to that!:tup: I hate that stupid, idiotic song!

I don't like the song, but I don't cringe either.

HOWEVER, the song does bother me when I have some of my 7-year-old students ask me how to spell ?stripper? so they can download the song when they get home from school.

:(

Most Black Top 40 songs these days are dumb. That's why I don't listen to the radio nomore. I stick to my Stevies, PRINCEs, and MJs.

LadyLuck13 said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: No! Lady Luck!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I would rather listen to the song War by Edwin Starr.

War! huh-yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing :swink: :swink:

Dont you guys laugh I was talking to a buddy of mine that say he is in love with a stripper. I meet the skank doing the X-Mas holidays with HIMMMMMMM. Dont get a brother wrong now she was fine and I would do her:ebrow: But this motherF----- is not worth the trouble. He is in Texas and he is spending all of Budweiser Company money on this skank. Again she is bad!!!!!

LadyLuck13 said:
I'm going to start implementing that TOMORROW! Thanks LL! :tup:

T-Pain actually to me is one of the better New school R&B (what ever class of music he is in) to me.... when I first heard the song i was skeptical, then I hear MJ (Who?) the second time I listened to it and I was like, whoa.... but when they started playing it on the radio, I had my opinions.... but I'm not like most i listen to a song for the musical track and not the words, if the music don't move me then the words won't... I can listen to a track and somebody be like you beleive he said that and I be like what, and I'll be done listen'd to it a thousand times

jagface said:
The Stripper song is ridiculous. But, "Lean With It, Rock With It" is my sh!t...this week.

How you've gotten that goofy song in my head.

*doing the dance*
"Lean with it, Pop with it" "Lean with it, Pop with it".

udratherbme said:
T-Pain actually to me is one of the better New school R&B (what ever class of music he is in) to me.... when I first heard the song i was skeptical, then I hear MJ (Who?) the second time I listened to it and I was like, whoa.... but when they started playing it on the radio, I had my opinions.... but I'm not like most i listen to a song for the musical track and not the words, if the music don't move me then the words won't... I can listen to a track and somebody be like you beleive he said that and I be like what, and I'll be done listen'd to it a thousand times

This is actually one of the few replies in this thread that wasnt "I hate today's music... ALL of IT is garbage". As someone said, if you dont like it, simply turn the radio off and burn your old school jams to CDs.

As far as T-Pain is concerned, just a lil bio info for all of you pissing on the dude. He's a 20 (thats right, just 20) year old rapper/singer/producer from Tallahassee. The inspiration for "I'm Sprung" came from his wife (yes, he's married and he actually said it on national TV... something that you cant even get a lot of veteran entertainers to do). "I'm N Luv With A Stripper" was written because one of his homeboys fell in love with a stripper, spending all of his money at the local strip club (Im mad at him, because I know plenty of people who have done that... I should have written the song first :lmao: )....

I mean dang... even though I dont know how Laffy Taffy got into this convo, but I will say the same thing I said about the song when it first came out... it is the gayest song that has come out in a long time, but at least the song isnt about killing, cars, ice or females... it's a party jam... it has done its job... I dont think that any clubs or parties will ever get shut down just because people are doing the Laffy Taffy or Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It...

If you are someone thats going to respond with "Today's Music is crap". dont respond... thats closed-minded thinking...

Oh yeah.... Y.M.C.A. ... enough said :lmao:

In_The_662 said:
"I hate today's music... ALL of IT is garbage". As someone said, if you dont like it, simply turn the radio off and burn your old school jams to CDs.

Don't try to bring old school into this. By the way, what does old school have to do with having good taste when it comes to music. Songs today just sound sorry and you right, I don't listen to it on the radio. It's just a sad state of affairs in general what commercial radio "considers" to be popular. Oh, I would be D@MNED if I patronize a spot that played that kind of music anyway. Just too many other choices out there to consider them to be options.

Back