They're changing the SAT

S

Sonic98

Apparently the board unanimously agreed to make the test easier and remove analogies from it.

They are getting rid of the analogies but adding a writing portion to the test. I would think a multiple choice format would be better than writing a short timed essay. I always thought the SAT was easier than the ACT.

Actually the writing portion is the SAT II, which is not being changed. I do not think the test should be made easier. I don't think the SAT is culturally biased. The education system is what's culturally biased. Our kids are not being taught what they need to be taught. When you're in class and 90% of the class understands, the other 10% holds you back from moving on to more things. The SAT is the same way. If they make it too much easier, it really will not be a good guage of a person's readiness for college. IT's not like the test has only questions the rich will understand. We must teach the children better. WE must change the way schools are funded. Taking off questions and analogies because the vocabulary of many students is not up to par is not a good thing because they will need to know the meaning of those words one day, if they're gonna be working a REAL job. I am not sure that writing part is added to the same test either.

I think the ACT is easier, unless you don't like the Science Reasoning part. IF they make it easier, it should not be by much. Maybe take off less when you miss a problem or give more time on certain sections.

Back