There will be a new format for SWAC Women's basketball starting next season

We fly to most conference games.. I know we fly to Texas, Louisiana and Florida
I assumed that long distance conference games men/ women would share flights & by doing so it cut down on travel expenses? Now they will take 2 Seperate flights so any savings on shared flights are negligible? I actually thought ( maybe incorrectly) that the doubleheaders was a travel cost saving measure for long trips especially . Maybe not, but I'm a little green about how teams travel.

I assumed that long distance conference games men/ women would share flights & by doing so it cut down on travel expenses? Now they will take 2 Seperate flights so any savings on shared flights are negligible? I actually thought ( maybe incorrectly) that the doubleheaders was a travel cost saving measure for long trips especially . Maybe not, but I'm a little green about how teams travel.
All men's and women operate as separate programs now - those days of taking the same bus are over

Men and women’s teams haven’t traveled together in a long time. They operate totally separate and its been that way among all conference teams for years.

We fly to most conference games.. I know we fly to Texas, Louisiana and Florida

Rick Ross Sport GIF by Miami HEAT

Back