There will be a new format for SWAC Women's basketball starting next season

Excluding rare Saturday classes, travel will necessitate being away from campus three days of the school week for the young ladies.

It doesn't seem like that change of format should go over all that well, when you consider the loss of classroom instruction already taking place due to traveling for out of conference games.

Last edited:
It could be worse … the Southland usually or used to have/has the men’s teams of two schools playing at one school while the same schools’ womens teams are at the other school the same day.

Like Southeastern and Nicholls’ mens teams would play in Hammond and the same day/day before the schools’ women’s teams wpuld play in Hammond.

Not many folks in the stands

I may be in the minority….. but I like it…. I hate 530 games on weekdays. It’s unfair to the females because thats prime dinner time on most college campuses and the first half is usually empty. Move the girls to prime time 7:00 on weekdays and the people will come out.

I may be in the minority….. but I like it…. I hate 530 games on weekdays. It’s unfair to the females because thats prime dinner time on most college campuses and the first half is usually empty. Move the girls to prime time 7:00 on weekdays and the people will come out.
Good point

Where is the rest of the show because they cut it off when Charles got to explaining.
So will it look like this?

Example:
Thursday: JSU vs Grambling women
Saturday: JSU vs Southern (Men and Women)
Monday: JSU vs Grambling men

I remember when Coach Braddy wanted this when he was AD. Im sure we can pull up his rationale from that story.

Excluding rare Saturday classes, travel will necessitate being away from campus three days of the school week for the young ladies.

It doesn't seem like that change of format should go over all that well, when you consider the loss of classroom instruction already taking place due to traveling for out of conference games.
Now that you have so many online classes and hybrid classes this doesn't matter as much.

How much exposure is SWAC women's basketball getting? Shoot how much exposure are women's hoops getting outside of Clark, South Carolina and LSU?
For your second question, TV ratings in general for college WBB is up. You can google that part.

For the first question, I don't know but if we are going to try and take advantage of the moment, I dont have a problem. We can always convert back

Is this a move to get the women more exposure/tv time

more of it is about the Monday night DH times

Somehow famu got a Monday night starting at 9 pm 🤣

But on average the games start at 8 - so if you eliminate the women's game you can start at 7 but that depends on who plays before in another league

more of it is about the Monday night DH times

Somehow famu got a Monday night starting at 9 pm 🤣

But on average the games start at 8 - so if you eliminate the women's game you can start at 7 but that depends on who plays before in another league
So is it possibly about ensuring the start times of the Monday men games for TV reasons?

Last edited:

Travel is still at 3 days of school missed on campus. Now they leave on friday and return on tuesday, that tuesday is a school day and most miss that day depending on the distance from the school they played on the road.

Where is the rest of the show because they cut it off when Charles got to explaining.
So will it look like this?

Example:
Thursday: JSU vs Grambling women
Saturday: JSU vs Southern (Men and Women)
Monday: JSU vs Grambling men

Yes...

Travel is still at 3 days of school missed on campus. Now they leave on friday and return on tuesday, that tuesday is a school day and most miss that day depending on the distance from the school they played on the road.
It's not all on the same week though, but only people like me seem think that matters so it is what it is.

Back