THE WORST probate ever! Sigma Gamma Rho

Re: THE WORST probate ever! Sigma Gamma Rho...

Yeah.

Just ... tools of incompetence. Monuments of nothingness and such.

... preparation prevents poor performance. Something like that. :(

But, what do I know? :noidea:

I won't say monuments of nothingness because there's worth in everyone; nor will I pass judgment for incompetence as I've only seen this one performance by this particular chapter of sorors; as for preparation prevents poor performance, you're absolutely correct. However, I still stand by what I said about nervousness and anxiety when you're faced with doing something you're not very good at or never done before in front of a large crowd, especially when the crowd is overwhelmingly critical of such things. I totally get what you're saying, but I know and understand what it's like when you got all these eyes on you, watching and criticizing your every move, other sororities/fraternities ready to heckle and clown you with the first bad step, or off movement. Preparation may prevent a poor performance, but it damn sure does not prevent mistakes, it's just prepares you for the criticism you get whether you mess up or not.

Last edited:

Yeah.

Just ... tools of incompetence. Monuments of nothingness and such.

... preparation prevents poor performance. Something like that. :(

But, what do I know? :noidea:

:emlaugh: Shut up!! :lmao: :lmao:

Black folks just love to shuck, jive and dance around then critique each other.

Black folks just love to shuck, jive and dance around then critique each other.

Yeah...so what's your point?!!? :lol:

Look it aint the first fugg up and it won't be the last. As Lioness pointed out it happens to everyone and every org. I've fugged up in step shows before, you laugh about it and keep it moving. :noidea:

Stop trying to turn this into a serious discussion as if it's one of the plaguing issues in the Black community. If you can't laugh about it then get the heyal on.

Momma I'll dance for you. :happydance: Momma Imma crack head, look momma, I'll dance for you. :happydance: :happydance:........ :shame:

Look it aint the first fugg up and it won't be the last. As Lioness pointed out it happens to everyone and every org. I've fugged up in step shows before, you laugh about it and keep it moving. :noidea:

Stop trying to turn this into a serious discussion as if it's one of the plaguing issues in the Black community. If you can't laugh about it then get the heyal on.

Momma I'll dance for you. :happydance: Momma Imma crack head, look momma, I'll dance for you. :happydance: :happydance:........ :shame:

*pulls out my dollars*

Show me What ya got!! :emlaugh:

They took the video down. Who ratted these girls out? Lioness?

MODS............ :goof:

Them dang DOTS in the thread title are at it again. :lol:

Yeah the video is no longer on youtube.... Disgrace maybe? :smh:... sheesh. .

ss, I usually don't like to talk about my pledging experience and I think I had a mental block about it......but every now and then I get these flashbacks (when I hear a particular song, see a particular object, or just when my brain takes me back), and seeing OX during that performance....it gave me another flashback:

I'll NEVER forget one time, while we of course were pledging, our DP decided she needed a personal time-keeper. She was always asking, "What time is it so-and-so", or "Who's got the time?". Well, my DP was a deuce and I was the deuce, but she decided to give me a break and pick on my ace, Jackie. Everytime she asked for the time, Jackie would have to shout, "Tick Tock, I'm the one with the clock, ****** Potter rocks the beat. BEEP, ****** time is now -----" While she did this, she had to do whatever dance our Big sisters told her to do. Jackie had no rhythm whatsoever and COULD NOT DANCE!!!! OMG!!!! I used to get us in trouble everytime because the first time that happened, I burst out laughing......Lord forgive me, but it was so funny!

That's how I got one of my names! It's also how I got asked to be Step Mistress (Step Maestro, Step Captain), but I didn't like being showcased and still don't like performing or speaking in front of big groups/large crowds. I get nervous and freeze up.

Last edited:

Here's the video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DYcCfWV7bi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Hell when I was on The Yard(97-01).... Them Deltas were no joke... No Misteps- No Mishaps.. even tho it would be a Probate of 0ver 100 neos!! :lol:

Even if they would miss a step no one would have noticed LOL!!

My sister was in that group, 2000 I think. Them was some serious sistas. 97-01 ... hell, that's my SU time.

That's the thing. At most SWAC schools, they would have known better than to get up there with some foolishness.

I still blame the prophytes regardless of the school. I guess this is some new age stuff, because back in the day most of us knew better than to throw some bs out to the masses that would kill interest and make your organization look bad.

Thank you.....

Guess it's a new day in Greekdom. It's bad enough step shows have turned into prop shows and strip teases :lol: the Greeks at that yard didn't have to do anything... this video going viral will teach them and any other Greeks who wanna put out some hot mess like this again :lol:

[video=youtube_share;kpVVZAOjgac]http://youtu.be/kpVVZAOjgac[/video]

[video=youtube_share;kpVVZAOjgac]http://youtu.be/kpVVZAOjgac[/video]

Wow, I watched this at 10pm and just about fell asleep. I know next time Im bored and have insomnia I will watch this boring mess.

And is there any originality anymore? Their step (before honoring the other organizations, if you want to call it that) had baits and pieces of other organizations mixed in.

In the age of the internet and search engines, hell you're on a college campus, and you muck up Dec 4, 1906 by saying Dec 3, 1906, and the stupid Alpha's responded to that?
The prophytes looked better than the neophytes, that's all I'm saying about that.

Those girls looked tired and out of shape before they even hit the block!!!

And how many missteps can you have, not to mention, no coordination.

They looked about as lost, as a white man at a New Black Panther Rally, no clue how he got there, no clue what to do, and wondering how the hell to get away.

That show was a mess, not even good enough to call it a hot mess!!!

Back