The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

jayrob,
Thanks for posting the link. And just like I had posted, the SWAC indeed banned ASU from the SCG.

Didn't you say the NCAA banned the Hornets? (scratching my head)

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

With all due respect Fiyah, the 9 game mandate isn't the problem. It's what we do with the 2 non-conference games and our insistence on keeping the SCG. As I posted in another "post" on this thread... If I was a member of one of the other 7 schools, I'd vote to end the SCG and gear my scheduling to getting an invite to the FCS dance.

PV could use those two games to play Sam Houston & SF Austin... beat them and go 7-2 in the SWAC and you get a bid most likely!

JSU could keep Tn State and play McNeese home and home... beat them and go 7-2 in the SWAC and they get a bid!

A&M could do likewise with Samford and Jacksonville State... beat them and go 7-2 in the SWAC and the bid will come.

It ain't the 9 games that's killing our recruiting...it's the fact that our coaches (though paid much more in salary) are SKED of those teams!

...and yet the MEAC is an HBCU Conference with an Automatic Bid. What would that say about us, another HBCU Conference, trying to get an At-Large Bid rather than an Automatic Bid?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Comment when you become knowledgeable regarding the entire APR/SCG system. Right now, you're not.

Division I also maintains an Academic Progress Rate for its member institutions. This rate provides a real-time “snapshot” of a team’s academic success each semester by assessing the current academic progress of every student-athlete. The Academic Progress Rate includes eligibility and retention as factors in the calculation and provides a much clearer picture of the current academic culture in each sport.

The Graduation Success Rate measures graduation rates at Division I institutions and includes students transferring into the institutions. The Graduation Success Rate also allows institutions to exclude from the calculation student-athletes who leave their institutions before graduation, provided they would have been academically eligible to compete had they remained.

So what’s your point? If the players remain academically eligible there is no issue.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/academics/how+academic+reform+is+measured

The SWAC lost its automatic bid to the playoffs b/c SU & GSU refused to move the BC. As a result, 8 teams had to suffer for the actions of 2. The playoffs start the same weekend as the BC. And if you believe no SWAC school should go to the playoffs then I guess you are also in favor of a 9-game schedule. Just play each other and call it season. Why would any decent athlete want to compete in a conference that only wants to compete against itself?
I guess that explains why the talent level has fallen drastically around the conference in the last 15 years.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard?confId=81&seasonYear=2010&seasonType=2&weekNumber=13

Schools other than SU, GSU and Bama St were going to the playoffs up until 1999. Guess what started in 1999?

That was an error. As I have posted, the NCAA did indeed ban ASU from the SCG. Thanks for posting the link.

jayrob,
Thanks for posting the link. And just like I had posted, the SWAC indeed banned ASU from the SCG.

That was an error. As I have posted, the NCAA did indeed ban ASU from the SCG. Thanks for posting the link.

:confused: SWAC = NCAA
:confused: NCAA = SWAC

Hell, you posted some posts before that saying that your own school banned you all from the SCG.

:confused: BamaST = SWAC & NCAA

The three you speak of have been the most successful programs for decades so it comes with the territory, all conferences are guilty of that type of treatment and yes we need to do better.

What does sucess have to do with if you are found not earning a passing score? I'm not a fan of none of the three in sports but I understand why you would be against the ban. Then again I don't! Back in 1990 UAPB got the DEATH PENALITY for violations! At that time I said How can they do that! Others are doing it but reality came to past and the FACT was that the decision was made! Ask yourself this question: If your APR was 975 would you be having this conversation?

Some of you guys think sugar ain't sweet, isht don't stank, and pigs ain't pork! There is no too big to fail in sports!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's the closest we'll get to MH admitting that he was wrong. I'll take it.

And where does it say SCG in the NCAA infractions listings against Alabama State? Nowhere.

Last edited:

Well if the SWAC banned them that makes his point even stronger. LOL But I'm sure that was just a mistake anyway.

...and yet the MEAC is an HBCU Conference with an Automatic Bid. We would look like fools trying to get an At-Large Bid.

You said that you wanted to go to the playoffs... I offered you a way to make that happen.

Tell your President & AD to vote to end the SCG

Tell your AD & Coach to schedule more than 1 non-conference game (Concordia this year) and stop playing Langston... Why did yall end the rivalry with
Southeastern? Will Melvin be braver than most of these SWAC coaches and play non-HBCU FCS programs?

Oh, and here's the hard part... Win at least 9 games a season and I bet you'll get that NCAA bid you want.

Or.. Keep whining!

If some of you too blind to see that our conference is going down the tiolet, then in the words of JSU Poster Get Ready,

"DAMN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

With all due respect Fiyah, the 9 game mandate isn't the problem. It's what we do with the 2 non-conference games and our insistence on keeping the SCG.

It ain't the 9 games that's killing our recruiting...it's the fact that our coaches (though paid much more in salary) are SKED of those teams!

I didn't say anything about the conference games, my reply was strickly for the OOC games that are scheduled 1 year at a time. All of our schools are guilty of this and they wonder why they can't schedule some decent teams. Our schools should know who their ooc opponents should be for the 2012, 2013 and even the 2014 seasons.

Hell, you posted some posts before that saying that your own school banned you all from the SCG.

:confused: BamaST = SWAC & NCAA
dude, as I have posted, the NCAA banned ASU from post season. In its description of it, it obviously included the SCG.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

It's mostly because we have some backward arse leaders that can only schedule teams 1 year at a time. They (OOC Schools) are making schedules 3 years or further out so they know where they will be playing and when.

Do you ever hear our folks even trying to schedule that far out?

:lol: I was surprised this year when a few SWAC teams nearly had the 2011 schedule finished in Febuary. :lol:

Last edited:

You said that you wanted to go to the playoffs... I offered you a way to make that happen.

Tell your President & AD to vote to end the SCG

Tell your AD & Coach to schedule more than 1 non-conference game (Concordia this year) and stop playing Langston... Why did yall end the rivalry with
Southeastern? Will Melvin be braver than most of these SWAC coaches and play non-HBCU FCS programs?

Oh, and here's the hard part... Win at least 9 games a season and I bet you'll get that NCAA bid you want.

Or.. Keep whining!

We are NOT going to get an at-large bid. No way, no how. As 83 posted earlier, what would those teams have to gain by playing us? If we lose, we lose nothing. If they lose, they mess up their playoff seeding.

The Truth is the Truth.....The Bayou Classic is in the Way. Alabama State, I feel, would be willing to be Team Players and move their game with Tuskegee. It is after all a NON-CONFERENCE GAME!!!! Why can't Grambling and Southern be Team Players as Well?

The moral of this thread is this conference continues to go backwards:

-No APR qualifications for conference championships
It could be said that the APR qualification is to be eligible according to NCAA standards.
:scared:

We are NOT going to get an at-large bid. No way, no how. As 83 posted earlier, what would those teams have to gain by playing us? If we lose, we lose nothing. If they lose, they mess up their playoff seeding.

The Truth is the Truth.....The Bayou Classic is in the Way. Alabama State, I feel, would be willing to be Team Players and move their game with Tuskegee. It is after all a NON-CONFERENCE GAME!!!! Why can't Grambling and Southern be Team Players as Well?

So how is it that teams in the conference got all those at-large bids before 1999?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's the closest we'll get to MH admitting that he was wrong. I'll take it.

And where does it say SCG in the NCAA infractions listings against Alabama State? Nowhere.

dude, as I have posted, the NCAA banned ASU from post season. In its description of it, it obviously included the SCG.

Yeah, riggghhhttt!

I say if Grambling, Southern, and Alabama State want to keep the games that interfere with the SWAC being in the playoffs, ban them from becoming SWAC Champions and send the next best team we got. Seven SWAC teams over three teams to go to the playoffs are better odds than 3 SWAC Teams holding up 7 from even participating.

I say if Grambling, Southern, and Alabama State want to keep the games that interfere with the SWAC being in the playoffs, ban them from becoming SWAC Champions and send the next best team we got. Seven SWAC teams over three teams to go to the playoffs are better odds than 3 SWAC Teams holding up 7 from even participating.

Tell your presidents to vote us out of the conference, then.

Oops I forgot, Alcorn's prez is so scared of JSU that he won't vote at ALL.

Reporters make inaccurate comments on a daily basis. Look at Kendrick.

:lol:

Let's not confuse commentary with reporting. Kendrick is entitled to his opinion just like we all are.

So how is it that teams in the conference got all those at-large bids before 1999?

The heck with what happened before 1999. I'm talking about 2011. The rules have changed tremendously thus we the SWAC must ADJUST like the MEAC has to the current rules and regulations of participating in the playoffs. And currently in 2011, the Bayou Classic is in the way in relation to the current Rules established by the NCAA.

Obviously, it didn't that's why you had to use the term "obviously". LOL!! Give it up MH.:emlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back