The strangest thing happened at work today...

unknown

Today we had gone on lunchbreak, and I was sitting with the 3 usual females that I usually sit with. There were these 3 white guys sitting behind us, 1 of which was having a little smalltalk with 1 of the females sitting at our table. So out of nowhere, one of the chicks at our table yells out, "man you know we act like *****s ova here." It was one of those eerie situations, and everyone was looking around waiting to see what the next person was going to say. Then out of nowhere, one of the white men came out and said, "Why would you use a word that has so much of a historical derogatory meaning? It doesn't offend me, but just from looking in the faces of your friends, it makes them uncomfortable to even hear that word. However, even though the word was used by caucasoids against the africans as negative statements, I find it appalling that you would even dare mention such a word. Perhaps you should read some literature from Dr. King or even Malcolm X to see what pain that kind of speech brings to your people." And the whole time i'm sitting there like :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: And to think...most of the black people in my department think of him as a "redneck" simply because he doesn't talk much. I guess that just goes to show that you can't judge one by appearance alone.

Just because someone doesn't talk much' does not mean that they are uppity, stuck up, prejuduice, etc!!! I wish you people...er...people would get this through your...er...their thick skull! sheeesh :mad:

Back