The Score

Mr. Matriculation

I was talking hip hop to my homie the other day and I had to explain to him that this album is on the tightest to ever come out. The Score is no doubt a classic album, right along side of the Chronic, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, Ready To Die, Southernplayalisticcadillacmusik, and Death Certificate. But the source or any other rap publications ever give The Score it's props.

Lauren Hill spit harder than 95% of all MC's in the game, the production was off the chain, and even Pras and Wyclef represented. John Forte held it down on that album to. What my heads on the board think about this album?

392.jpg

p.s. what are some other slept on, hands down classics?

I don't see the Score as a classic. To me a classic is an album that I can put in, and listen to from start to finish. Every song a banger, but I couldn't do that with the Fugees. yes it was good album, but not a hip hop classic in my mind.

The rest of your list, I can agree with. I would add Tupac's double CD...All Eyes on Me.

Point taken, but aint one of the songs below even remotely wack. Also, 2Pac's whole career is a classic to me.

1. Red Intro
2. How Many Mics
3. Ready or Not
4. Zealots
5. Beast
6. Fu-Gee-La
7. Family Business
8. Killing Me Softly With His Song
9. Score
10. Mask
11. Cowboys
12. No Woman, No Cry
13. Manifest/Outro
14. Fu-Gee-La [Sly & Robbie Mix][*]
15. Fu-Gee-La [Refugee Camp Remix][*]

Good CD, not a classic though. Something about putting Praswell, and hip hop classic in the same sentence just doesn't roll down hill.

NICE

Back