The Reasons Uapb Will Beat The Jags

blownup

98% OF ALL PREDICTIONS THUS FAR HAVE THE JAGS OVERWHELMIMG FAVORITES OVER UAPB.TRADITION AND NAME REGONITION ARE IN MY OPINION THE REASONS WHY.HOWEVER THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY I THINK THE GOLDEN LIONS WILL ONCE AGAIN BE VICTORIOUS AGAINST THE JAGS.

1) THE RUNNING GAME WILL BE SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE WE HAVE A VERY GOOD RUNNING AND PASSING QUARTERBACK THIS YEAR. SU WILL ATTEMPT TO SHUT DOWN THE RUN AND THE PASS WILL BE SUCCESSFUL OPENING UP THE RUN. EXPECT FOR SU TO BE OFF BALANCE THE ENTIRE NIGHT BECAUSE OF PB'S BALANCED ATTACK.

2) THE DEFENSE WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS SHUTTING DOWN A NON-EXISTENT RUNNING GAME,LEAVING LEVY WITH THE PASS AND PICKING HIS LUNCH BEFORE IT'S READY.

3) A STRONG, I MEAN STRONG SECONDARY WILL PREVENT THE JAGS FROM GOING DEEP.

4) THE CLINCHER WILL BE TO SCORE EARLY AND OFTEN,KEEPING THE REFS OUT OF THE GAME BECAUSE IF IT'S CLOSE NO MATTER HOW WELL WE'VE PLAYED THEY'LL FIND A WAY TO HELP THE JAGS,SORRY BUT THEY ALWAYS DO. PB-33 SU-19

I'm sorry, but I just don't think its gonna go down that way. I've got a feeling that Levy won't be humbled two weeks in a row.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Who is on PB's defense that can stop SU's passing attack? Atkins could even do it and he's one of your best DB's ever.

JAglife:

Man there is no sense in going back and forth on this and that. MNy opinion stands as posted.Come Saturday you'll see,trust me SU must establish a running game or it's lights out.

Allen:

Man we are not talking about feelings here,supported facts say that PB should and will win this one,barring no outside interference,if you know what I mean!!

Originally posted by blownup
JAglife:

Allen:

Man we are not talking about feelings here,supported facts say that PB should and will win this one,barring no outside interference,if you know what I mean!!

How about this for supported facts; The UAPB defense may be good, but they aren't as good as the defense from Northwestern. The Northwestern defense had ten returning starters and is one of the best in I-AA.:rolleyes:

Devin Lewis had 7 catches for 181 yards against an all-american corner. Who at UAPB is going to stop him if that guy couldn't.

And I hope you aren't implying that SU cheats. There just happens to be a glitch in the scoreboard that comes around when a game is on the line. .:D ;) :D

The question should be why would any oppossing team have to worry about the clock at your stadium? So you answer that question why am I worried about the clock jagdiehard?

jaglife- anything is possible,anything!!:idea:

It doesn't matter if the clock is working or not, the official time, and score are kept on the field by the officials.

NICE

LIKE HELL IT DOESN'T MATTER,IF YOUR TEAM IS AS GREAT AS EVERY su FAN CLAIMS THEN I WOULDN'T WANT ANYTHING THAT MIGHT TAKE AWAY FROM A WIN.BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE su COULD CARE LESS IF THEY WIN UNDER SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES AS LONG AS THEY WIN!eITHER FIX THEW CLOCK OR THE KEEPER:( :idea:

Facts say Pine Bluff is in trouble. I go to every Southern game and the Pine Bluff game last year was the worst performance by a jaguar team in recent memory. Don't expect the same when you come to Mumford this Saterday. IF you could only score 19 on Valley, you're in trouble. The score board should not matter, if you are losing by double digits, its just something to whine about AFTER losing. I do wish they would fix it so when we beat down other teams they won't have an excuse (at least thier fans). To some, the referee can walk over to the team and say 30 seconds left in the game, but that ain't good enough, some half drunk fan did not see it on the scoreboard, so that's the reason.

Of COURSE Pine Bluff is in trouble ...

There will be 14 Jags on the field at all times ...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Of COURSE Pine Bluff is in trouble ...

Originally posted by Vinita
There will be 14 Jags on the field at all times ...

These folks know that uapb is about to get that BEATDOWN. They are making excuses and whining already. This will be the status quo for all SWAC teams this year.

Lewis, we could have scored more than 19 on Valley at Halftime we had the ball but the clock was running out, so we downed the ball and let the clock run out. We did the same thin at the end of the game. The reason why Valley even scored was because we The qb fumbled inside the 5 yard line. It still took them 4 tries to score, they mustered 3 other points at the last minute. So that makes the score really 33-9, but we took it easy on them, we wont do the same this week....

I'llllll Be DaYUMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Lewis, we could have scored more than 19 on Valley at Halftime we had the ball but the clock was running out, so we downed the ball and let the clock run out.

KneeeeeeeeeeeGrowwww!!!

Penut Butta was losing at the half. :rolleyes:

Um, YEAH ... WHATEVER ...

Originally posted by JROCK

These folks know that uapb is about to get that BEATDOWN. They are making excuses and whining already. This will be the status quo for all SWAC teams this year.

Maybe my reading ain't all that great, but I don't get the vibe that you are DISPUTING my CLAIM from your post ... which, by the way, is not only mind-numbingly droll, but is also in the wrong forum, I do believe ...

No-Doz send help!

UAPB RUNNING ATTACK WAS SHUT DOWN EARLY. SO HOW THE HELL COULD UAPB SCORE WITHOUT THE PASS. THE FIRST HALF YALL SAW THE WHOLE SEASON FLASH BEFORE YOUR EYES . COME PROPER WHEN YOU TALK S*it . SOUTHERN WILL WALK A DOG ON YOUR POOR TEAM. :cool:

we must have been watching two different games last Saturday then. If you really want tbe be honest, we gave that game away, just like in 1999!

All ya'll think that Valley is a joke this year and get your lunch handed to you!

DGTM, Valley has the same team as last year, with the exceptions of Corey Holmes and a better defense than last year. The QB has potential, but he is not ready yet. DSU will work you guys this week. Lewis the score doesnt mean nothing, what I saw was what I saw, we will be ready this weekend.......

GateSWEEPER:

RUSHING (Min. 40.0 yards per game)
Player Team Cl G Att Net Yds/C TD Yds/G
-------------------------------------------------------------
JOHNSON,Ron.... UAPB SR 1 15 120 8.0 1 120.0
HILL, Brad..... GSU JR 1 22 111 5.0 2 111.0
MCLAURIN,Nat... JSU SO 1 13 65 5.0 1 65.0
POWELL,LaKendri UAPB JR 1 16 54 3.4 0 54.0
WALKER, Cletis. ALCN SO 1 12 52 4.3 0 52.0
GIDEON,Melvin.. AAMU SR 1 9 41 4.6 0 41.0

How in the hell was our running game shut dow early??? You stupid ass, we have more weapons than just our running backs......

calm down GF,we know what we got and SU will soon find out.comparing scores is like comparing apples and oranges.So what we scored 19 on valley,we won and thats all that matters.If we only beat SU by one all that matters is we won.So Sufags don't get all emotional whether you want to admit it or not yall worried as hell because you have yet to put that so called beat down on PB since prior to getting back in the SWAC and you no this maaannn!Saturday will be no different we fo real :D

What you guys don't realize is that every team in the SWAC knows UAPB had 2 1,000 yard rushers last season. It is quite natural that the first team they played would stack the line. It took UAPB 2 quarters to find their rythm and THEN they put it on Valley.

That will not be the case against SU. SU has to respect the run. Meaning, they have no choice but to stack the line with 8 or 9 men. But, UAPB has a good quarterback and a no secret receiver no one in the SWAC knows about. BUT come Saturday on BET, the whole country will know.

BTW, PB still had 189yds rushing with Ron Johnson going for 120.

UAPB 24, SU 7

Back