The real old school arcade thread - MAME

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
Mulipe Arcade Machine Emulator ? MAME

I don?t know how many of you all know about this. This post is for all of the ones that do not know. Did you ever have an arcade game that you wanted to purchase for your home personal use? Well, after talking to my co-workers I found something better than purchasing my favorite game.

Let try getting about 300 original arcade games for free to play on your personal computer. The actual rom code.

Actual Arcade Games like asteroids, spy hunter, tron, tempest, moon patrol, etc?

As I said, I have my favorite old school arcade games for free.

Goto www.mame.net

I just saw something like that on TechTV's "The ScreenSavers." That's one of my favorite computer shows. I'm about to check this thing out.

confused

What does MAME allow you to do? Does it allow you to play old games on your computer? Do I have to go out to the web & find the codes or ROM or something for whatever old games I want to play? What's the deal!!??? :(

Mame is an emulator that allows you to play the actual code from the old arcade games on your pc. My co-worker gave me a cd with 800+ rom codes. All you have to do is create a directory copy the rom codes into the directory and that?s it. You can go out to the web and get the rom codes. But if you live in Dallas like D-Town Jag. I will just burn her a copy of the cd.

The websites are www.mame.dk
arcadeathome.com

Any other questions?

Hmm, interestin'

Thanks for some clarification. I have one question - if I send you a CD-R and some money to send it back to me, will you burn me a copy of those rom codes & mail it back? Just curious - I might have to hook this up!

No player that isn't going to happen.

How about you pm me your address and I send you a copy of the cd free of charge.

Back