The Queen City Battle Of The Bands 2017

bernard

THEE Realist

Good Job Boom, but too much "Get Ready." Marching in the stadium playing it was enough. Always focus on your playing ability at a function of this magnitude. Toccata & Funk would have been an Excellent Entry Tune for your drill.
Ballard- Teddy Pendergrass -When Somebody Loves You Back. Try it and I guarantee the crowd will support you through the entire SHOW. Always remember "CROWD CONTROL"

Last edited:
Good Job Boom, but too much "Get Ready." Marching in the stadium playing it was enough. Always focus on your playing ability at a function of this magnitude. Toccata & Funk would have been an Excellent Entry Tune for your drill.
Ballard- Teddy Pendergrass -When Somebody Loves You Back. Try it and I guarantee the crowd will support you through the entire SHOW. Always remember "CROWD CONTROL"

I can always tell a great post from the same era I marched in.

This was my first time ever seeing a Miles field show........I liked it.
I couldn't watch no more. I was looking at the DMs thinking they looked like a wanna be sTu. Then they started Neck and removed all doubt. Then they proceeded into the dance routine to Neck and I turned it off. Is there some kinda connection between these two?

I can't say Norfolk State was the best: their Band Directors all have a Jackson State connection.

I couldn't watch no more. I was looking at the DMs thinking they looked like a wanna be sTu. Then they started Neck and removed all doubt. Then they proceeded into the dance routine to Neck and I turned it off. Is there some kinda connection between these two?
To be honest.....I was half way sleep through most of the show, I just liked the end when they did the gospel song....lol

No. One of their director's or all have simply liked Old Ocean things and format. Even the way of getting to the gospel format was Ocean-ish...Butler era, to me. Is what it is. TnSU, Cookman and Miles were great though. Bama State sounded better on the field than the stands. NSU did very well. Jackson state was arguably the most precise band there but their show was a little flat to me. I was watching live. Talladega needs to add fundamentals to what they do. They sound so rough on everything and every section loses pitch accuracy in every song on every part. I see the enthusiasm. I see the drive. Give those kids fundamentals please. Slavery is over...

Back