The Pepsi-General Motors Swac Football Classic

Well I did say it was nicknamed soul bowl and as you all added Turkey bowl BEFORE 1993 when it then was dubbed the CCC
And before the "CCC", "Soul Bowl", and "Turkey Bowl" it was simply known as "The Jackson State-Alcorn Game" or vise-versa depending on your allegiance!

No.
Nick name because the original name was dubbed capital city classic in 1993 when it was in jackson but when alcorn took it bck home then it was nicknamed soul bowl which was the nickname b4 capital city classic in the late

Nick name because the original name was dubbed capital city classic in 1993 when it was in jackson but when alcorn took it bck home then it was nicknamed soul bowl which was the nickname b4 capital city classic in the late 1970s
No. It was the Soul Bowl Originally. Than when sponsors came in and wanted it annually in Jackson, it became the Capital City Classic. When JSU assumed management and ownership of the Stadium, Alcorn decided to go back to home and home series.

And before the "CCC", "Soul Bowl", and "Turkey Bowl" it was simply known as "The Jackson State-Alcorn Game" or vise-versa depending on your allegiance!
Actually, it was the Soul Bowl when played at Alcorn as always played the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the Turkey Bowl when played in Jackson as always played on Thanksgiving. My first one was 1979, in a storm and Alcorn won 9 - 0, all 3 field goals.

No.

No. It was the Soul Bowl Originally. Than when sponsors came in and wanted it annually in Jackson, it became the Capital City Classic. When JSU assumed management and ownership of the Stadium, Alcorn decided to go back to home and home series.
What are you talking about. I said it was nicknamed the soul bowl (b4) the capital city classic. The name CCC was dubbed in 1993. The soul bowl name started in 1970s. We are saying the same thing just in different ways. Go bck and read what I said lol.

I think GM is just saying it wants to be the auto sponsor for the conference. Not only for the Alcorn-Jackson game but SWAC events until 2024.

Didn't Toyota have a deal with the SWAC a few years ago?

They sponsored the Swac Football Championship game and also the Swac Basketball Tournament. They even gave each school a Prius for those years.

Also, the Capital City Classic lost it's main sponsor. I believe at one time was Southwest Airlines. In the beginning, it was carried live, I believe on BET.

That name, SWAC Football Classic, sounds like a contradiction. Is the Alcorn-JSU game a SWAC conference commissioned game as opposed to other conference games? In other words, could another two SWAC teams also dubb their game "SWAC Football Classic?" or would that name belong exclusively to the Alcorn-JSU game?

just the Alcorn vs Jackson State game

Did anymore information get presented at the game about this Classic

eMKtEJ8.gif

"His mama named em SOUL BOWL CLASSIC,
SO IMMA CALL EM SOUL BOWL CLASSIC"

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Back