The origin of tradition"less" SUcks

bluedog said:
Um no, but maybe somebody isn't sharp enough to know that he wasn't tryig to get a coaching job at Southern but trying to make the squad.

Oh btw, what records do Eddie hold at Leland? (as a player) Did he get drafted by the NFL? :lmao:

Bluedog don't try to spin, you know the point being made here. Being from SU :retard: I will help you out. Besides those minor set backs, Eddie and Mike went on to be Great at their crafts. Maybe if Eddie had made the team (SU), then maybe he would have coached there in later years and su would have the name GSU has today. Eddie made the right choice. GS.... GS..... GS..... GSU!

I usually don't post on the smack board, but it just dawned on me. Flying the rebel flag in Georgia is a tradition also. But who gives a damn! If those folks want to fly a flag that reminds them of the arse whipping they took, then that is fine by me.

If SU is so traditionless, and has man handled GSPoo, what does that make you "lately"?

SAME OLD G said:
JR, Like I said earlier, its funny how history repeats itself. Southern beat Grambling in 1948, but for some reason ole Ace didn't want to play us anymore because of a little fight.

I wonder if that "little" fight was as little as the one from this year when some fines/suspensions were levied?

Just a thought.

bluedog said:
Oh btw, what records do Eddie hold at Leland? (as a player) Did he get drafted by the NFL? :lmao:

Robinson played quarterback at Leland and led the team to a combined 18-1 record over the 1939 and 1940 seasons. During his final two years at Leland he also served as an assistant coach, while finishing his bachelor's degree in 1941. At the age of 22, he was hired by Prez to coach at what would be GSU.

Not bad.

As for being drafted ... In 1941? Into the NFL? Are you kidding?

lightningbug said:
Robinson played quarterback at Leland and led the team to a combined 18-1 record over the 1939 and 1940 seasons. During his final two years at Leland he also served as an assistant coach, while finishing his bachelor's degree in 1941. At the age of 22, he was hired by Prez to coach at what would be GSU.

Not bad.

So in other words he was just your avg. fart at a lower class school.

lightningbug said:

Not bad.

Don't look now but there's evidence that he was a sorry @ss 3-5 head coach in 1941 :lol:

Back