The High School Experience

Stormy

extradinaire d'auteur
Judging from some of the responses from the "10 Year High
School Reunion"
thread high school really scarred some of
us.

Questions:
1. When do we let go of our high school experience?
2. What was the worse thing that ever happened to you in high school?

-Astrya

I let go of that foolishness when they handed my diploma to me...

One of my most memorable times was when I ran for Junior Class Treasurer. There was a black running against 2 whites in each category (Pres., Vice Pres. Secretary and Treasurer). In each category there was a run off for the position. I lost my race along with the other blacks who were in the runoffs. However, I requested a recount and I wanted to know the number of votes I received. The principal Gerald Picou pulled a folder out of a drawer and gave a few numbers to me. I was not allowed to view the folder...Why? I was black and he was white along with the candidates who "won" the race. I hated that damn school, and I did not want to go back for a reunion and I did not. The people who were important to me, I already keep in touch with them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!! LOL@J4J

Gurl, sounds like you went to the same "type" ~snicker~ of school that I did. LOL

*grabbing bag of popcorn*
I used to despise those peeps that I once loved, but, I've forgiven them of their caucasian ways and have this semi-decent relationship w/ those jokers. LOL I've known most of them since kindergarten, so, it's kinda' hard to just dissolve a friendship that has so much history and growth embedded w/in it. They alright. LOL They don't understand the new and improved Ricky, but, they alright. LOL

To answer your questions SeeingSpots:
1) I think we never let go of it completely. Just as long as we can remember, we can recall it.
2)The worst thing that ever happened was me being used for my athleticism and academia on behalf of that redneck school and then having it all blown up in my face 2 weeks prior to graduation.

hmmm, this is interesting

I don't think I had any really bad experiences in high school. High school was really fun for me. I'll have to think on this one.

oh, I know I had to go through my best friend getting pregnant at age 16. It really devastated her, but she managed through it. Peer pressure wasn't an issue for me, so I didn't go through all that crap. I was always a leader and not a follower. :p

I had lots of friends, I was popular, didn't have man/boy trouble, always had money, didn't have no damn bills.....hell, let's talk about our adulthood, that's when all the problems seem to start. Sometimes I wish I could go back to high school. :(

ugh P~, Seeing Spots did not start this thread......Stormy did. I can understand though, at least you confused her with another JAG. ;)

She's really been on my mind and her name is the only one I can see right nah gul. :rolleyes:

My bad.

I enjoyed those 4 years of school until those last 2 weeks. I was very, very popular (QB football team, basketball, track, tennis, and in academia as well). Yes, I did have those girls---------> picking me up before school and waiting for me after practices to take me home (too cheap to drive my own car LOL); bringing me cookies/candy on gamedays, etc... The few black girls in the school couldn't STAND my arse at all (and still don't particularly care for me LOL). Hell, I was getting spoon fed/spoiled by them jokers. I wudn't about to stop a good thing. *sigh* Those were the days... :(

*clutching chest* IT'S JUST TOO PAINFUL TO CONTINUE!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Ricky, I had a white teacher named Cynthia Martin tell me "once a C student, always a C student".... She taught algebra and I went to her because I was trying to make better than a C... and that is what the cow told me...

Well, little did she know, I over came the C (average) grades...and I not only overcame it, I made a 22 in math on the ACT, and I did not even have to take algebra in college, but I received 3 hours credit without even setting foot in a class... On top of that, I learned Calculus I, II, and III.....AND Differential Equations and Mathematical Physics...Learned it so well, I got a $12,000 stipend in undergrad! heffa!

Ha!:lmao:

Originally posted by Storm_ofSU
School Reunion"
us.

Questions:

-Astrya

I think #1 was just answered. That's why I answered that we may forgive, but, we cannot forget.

Kema, yep, I'm feeling you on that gurrrrl. I remember this one thing that my old counselor (prejudiced heffa!) told me:<b>"Ricky, your grades are fine and you've shown improvement academically :confused:. You're taking some tremendous courses that prepare you for college, but, I think you're more suited for the services. Have you thought about making an attempt to join the army?"</b> Ol' britch! :mad: I don't have anything against the service, but, I was preparing myself for college. She said I wasn't college material. WTF?

My most memorable high school experiences are too numerous to name.

I had a BALL in high school! My biggest problem was with this one girl who kept bothering me about her boyfriend. Once I dotted her dayum eye between classes, her ass left me alone! :rolleyes: Crazy broad won't speak to me to this day ...

I also had a counselor tell me that I should go into the military, because I didn't have the "discipline" needed to succeed in college. Well, the only graduation invitation I bought was one for her, and I added a nice little note to it ...

"I guess I DID have the discipline, huh, *****?"

<font size=0.3>*Diplomacy has never been my strong suit ...*</font>

Funny thing is, I never heard from her ...

:D

I had a wonderful high school experience, mainly
because very little effects me. I've always had my
fair share of issues with jealous girls, and high school
was no different. But I lived my life while they watched
and critqued....I just can't see holding on to that for ten years.

Panthro,
I can relate to never forgetting...I have to fight my
vendictive side...it's my biggest Christian problem.
I'm a work in progress.

Worst Time(s):

1. 11th grade American History class, when I got into a
heated debate with the son of a klansman over black
history month and who the "real" forefathers of this
country are. It turned the school in a race war that
only ended when a kid was hositalized after a
fight. Their was school wide counseling, and racial
sensitivity classes...non of which worked.

2. When I was crowned prom queen and a bunch of white
girls booed, then left their prom. (But what did I care,
I was prom queen). We partied the night away.

;) :D

Standing "O" for StormSU!!!!

I would've loved to have seen them w/ that look on their faces after you won prom queen!!!!!! LOL :lmao:

You know, it's that look when the deer has headlights on it. LOL :emlaugh:

My experience in high-school (1995-1999) was a cross between the state pen and the psychoward. You know you've haters when a group of people that pick on you start a rumor saying that you were going to what we call in Mississippi, "pull a Pearl".
The start of this rumor went back to the near-end of my junior year. I was in chemistry class and our teacher walked out. I let a chick use my calculator. When I came up on a problem that I needed to use the calculator for, I went to get it from her and she said no. So then I reached for it. Then the unexpected happened. I got a hard fist in the family jewels: not once but twice, SWACPagers. If you're wondering why I didn't her back, here's a couple reasons: Reason one: I'm a gentleman first and foremost. Reason two: She was pregnant at the time. Anyway, I took it upon myself to go to the principals office and report this. Why not? They always get me straight when I did something wrong. The assistant principal (Known to us as "Kool-Aid" because she's fat and red outfits make up 95% of her wardrobe)
could not believe what I said when I explained the situation to her. She did not believe that a pregnant female athlete would do that. Realizing that my plea fell on deaf ears, I returned to class, madder than mad could ever be, and I sat down quietly until the bell rung. Expecting results, I went back to "Kool-Aid" to see what was done, or in this case, not done. She didn't even bother to even investigate the situation. I gave her the expression that I was furious about the justice not being served. The next morning, in my US History class, a security guard came in to get me. He said that "Kool-Aid" wanted to talk with me. I was like "Okay, I'm going to get some proper retribution." It turns out that the assistant principal did nothing of the sort to settle this matter. So being the person I was, I went straight off, saying that this is why kids do the crazy things that you hear about on the news. But if this is something that y'all wanted to do to get the school famous, you're going the wrong way about it. The scenario continued into my senior year, where the group known then was the P.B.F. (Pretty Boy Foundation) started the vicious rumor that I was going to kill everybody before I graduated. This rumor was so well put that even the teachers began to believe it. My social life before then was already broken because of ignorant people who believed ignorant hearsay about someone, but this situation made it even worse. But I had supporters on my side through all this. One of my homies who I'd known since the sixth grade asked me if I was going to the prom. At first I said no, but it made me think. If I went to the prom, I'd prove the haters wrong about everything. So I went. I didn't just go to the prom, no, no. I crashed it. I paid no such prom dues and I got away with it. That's right. I went all out on that one my senior year. So when graduation came around, I was crunk. My mother (R.I.P.) was proud of the fact that in spite of all that I went through and what those jealous people did to try to stop me, was in embarrasing vain for them. The jealous one who thought I was still going to kill everyone still had that same idea. When I walked across that stage, I swear to you SWACPagers I was going snatch that diploma out of "Kool-Aid's" hands and give everyone who tried to put me down the finger. I got my diploma and laughed at all of the people who put me down. When I graduated, I moved on with my life, and I'll never forget it.

Unless you get Alzheimer's, I don't think you ever let go of your high school experience. Those years are some of the most shaping years of your life, and you never quite let go.

My best time in High School, was my Junior year. There were 7 guys running for Mr. Junior in the Homecoming court, until I threw my name in the hat. 6 guys dropped out, because they knew they couldn't win. The other guy stayed in the race, because a Jr. Duke was needed, and he just wanted to be a part of Homecoming. Needless to say, I won in a landslide, the biggest deficit ever at Warren Easton. It's been 14 years since, so I don't know if the record still stands.

The worst time was when the yearbook came out. Sean (the guy I beat) had his pictures plastered over the yearbook, because he was the assistant editor of the yearbook. I was on the yearbook staff that year, but I covered Sports, so I didn't get a chance to see all of the drafts, before the book came out.

Then the faggot had the nerve to put his best friends name, next to my picture as "The Most Talented" Jr boy. Needless to say, my man got a royal arse whipping the first day of school.

NICE

I barely remember High School. I went back there once after about 6 years and I was at a complete loss..

Hmm...

I remember I was happy to be out of high school, and that there were some things I didn't like about it. But I can't remember what. Prolly some petty mess.

My experience was decent enough. I wasn't Mr. Popularity, but I was well respected. No bad moments beyond some pipsqueak Sophomore who raved about how he was gonna beat me up on "Freshman Day" but was nowhere to be found when that day arrived :xeye: He was 1/4 my size - I hope that didn't have anything to do with it. :D Anyhoo, I'm goin' to my 10yr reunion next year just for the heck of it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
My high school experience wasn't all that bad. I wish I would have been a little more active but that's all. I had friends and really didn't have drama.

My school was all black so no white folks and racism drama. I was quiet my first two years of high school so some folks took that as me being weak. I had get more than few of them heffas told.:mad: But all in all I liked my high school experiences. I still talk to some of my friends to this day.

High School

1. I let go of my high school experience a LONG time ago. It's that GSU Band ish I can't let go of.....LOL

2. My worst high school experience...well there was this junior high teacher named Mrs. ________!!!! She may have kids on this page. I HATE YOU!!! I had a bad dream about you and fell out of the bed and broke my hand because of you!!! LOL Had to vent.

My most embarrising moment was being locked up on the bus in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. It wasn't until 1:00 when I woke up and realized I was the only person left on the bus. I had to bang on the windows and honk the horn for the band director to come get me out. Everyone else had taken their showers and were playing around in their PJs. Here I come walking in with my band uniform on. I was in the 6th or 7th grade. So you can imagine the ish I took from the upperclassmen. I still here about that ish to this day!!!

NN

Originally posted by Storm_ofSU
School Reunion"
us.

Questions:

-Astrya

I did not post at the 10 Year High Thread Yet. I did not like the reunion.:redhot:

But Lets answer those questions.

1. I let mine go when I started Texas Southern University. Too much Fun at Texas Southern.

2. It was High School Graduation. I walked across the stage and my fellow students was clapping and cheering. I felt great. Well, a little background info. I hung out with the boys. We did it all. Skip school, skip class, drank, messed with them gurls, etc..... Well, One time we got caught by the principal. My mom and I had to talk with the counselor. She stated that I had good enough Grades to go to College. But that is another post. Well it is Graduation Day and all my friends "The Boys" did not graduate, too much skipping for them. Well, None of those KneeGrows went the graduation. "My boys" stated too many bad feelings. They felt bad cause they did not march. So, I was upset about that but got over it when I met new people at Texas Southern. That Thought me a very important lession about life. People Come into your life and People Go out of your Life.

:)

1. From my old alma mater, I don't ever think I would let go of the high school experience because my school is like a frat. In HBCU there are St. Augustine *****s every where you go. you see us get together and all hell breaks loose as if you all ready ddn't know. We are just that tight and the experience that we had last a lifetime. SO our high school expereince will never fades away.

2. My most memorable Time in high school was the time... hum let me think. AH yes... last day. We were finished with graduation practice andafterwards the guys who had cars wenrinin around throwig eggs at each other and shooting people up with water guns. Every one were in cars and me and my boy were the only bus riders left in the class. Well, one of the guys decided to mess up one of our boys while we were walking to the bus stop to go home. SO we went tothe corner store bought some water baloons and eggs and set up shop in the Mcdonalds by our school. When every one came out looking for uswe were ducked off ready for them and hid in alley ways. When we saw people we soaked them with everything we had. And since we were on foot , when they came looking ofr us we jumped out giving them their issue. What a day. :D

Humm.....

After celebrating my 20th Year Reunion this past May, I will never let go of the memories. We relived so many events that occured over 20 years ago. High School was fun and the memories will last forever and ever.

Fights, suspensions, band trips, football games, basketball games, girlfriend/boyfriend fights, teachers!!!!!!!!!

I went to a very small All-Black School in Centreville. Mississippi and graduated in the Class of 1982 with forty-six friends.

"We Were A Big Azz Family"

1. The high school experience is still lingering. I guess it never dies because my classmates and I and all of the classes before us still all are very actively involved in the school happenings.

2. Worse thing that happened...I guess would be junior year prom. It was a big thing for me and my girls that we were all gonna go alone and just kick it. So, I had my dress, had the car washed, hair looking tight and everything. I will never forget I was in the bathroom getting dressed and the phone rings. My mother answers. I can barely hear her conversation. She comes to the bathroom door and says that was ________'s mother. She said her son wants to take you to the prom tonight, but you didn't tell him you would go with him. He's already spent money on a limo, gotten you a corsage and everything. I was screaming WHAT. She said I told his mother, you didn't have a date anyway so that would be fine if you two went together. He's on his way. I was screaming WHAT.MOTHER I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T WANT TO GO WITH ANYONE. ME AND MY FRIENDS ARE ALL GOING ALONE AND MEETING UP THERE. I was furious. She said the boy has already spent his money. I said I never told him to and never would have. I was screaming mad. Low and behold, the guy shows up in the limo. His tux is entirely too tight and the pants are high. I'm forced to go to prom with him. I scream at him all the way there for pulling that stunt by having his mother call my mother. I get to prom all of my friends are laughing and making fun of me, asking what is going on. I wouldn't let him hold my hand, dance with me or anything. I was disgusted, but I left him sitting and partied with my friends. He had the nerve on the way back to my house to say "is it too late to strike up a little romance?" I couldn't even respond. I ran out the limo when we got to my house and never even looked at him at school again.

So that's my story, my worst memory, I went to junior prom with the geekiest, nerdiest guy in school.:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :mad: :mad:

Oh, NO!!

:lmao: @ that clown asking JSTUS for some "romance"!

PURE COMEDY!

You gonna dance with him at the reunion?

Re: Oh, NO!!

Originally posted by Vinita
:lmao: @ that clown asking JSTUS for some "romance"!

PURE COMEDY!

You gonna dance with him at the reunion?

Funny thing about it. Although he was the nerdiest dude in school and told everybody he was going to Morehouse, my best friend's momma saw him playing his sax downtwon at the bus station with a hat out for money one day.

Needless to say, he won't be at the reunion.

I think that I let go of my Highshchool experience probably when I got to Southern. I had an uneventful highschool experience until my senior year and when I turned 18. When I turned 18 I was able to sign my own notes for absences and I averaged two complete days a week at school. I would go to the periods that I needed in order to keep my grades at the minimum and stay eligible for track.

At that time in L.A. dance groups were popular and they would battle at parties then fights started breaking out between the groups and supporters so some groups evolved into gangs and I ended up in one with my group of friends from school and the neighborhood. Once that happened, things just went down real fast.

At that time, the worst thing that happened was I had been to the Deans office more than once involving altercations with teachers and truancy. I went into the office for disrupting a class that was in session and exchanging words with the teacher. I was told that if they see me again they would let me know which school I was going to graduate from because they were going to kick me out. I managed to graduate, I didn't change...I never got caught again at school anyway. :eek2:
Never Again

High School, .,......so long ago, but seemingly sooo close.

I loved high school. Sometimes i wish i could go back....(taking some of my current freedoms along with me ofcourse). I went to a great school. My high school had an enrollment of about 2,200 my senior year. There were about 900 blacks and 1,300 whites. Unlike some of you; i enjoyed the mixed setting. I think its good for young people to learn to interact with each other...WHITES and BLACKS. At some point we've got to get past that. We weren't like some of these backward places that have a black queen and a white queen. We all just voted on one everything. We had blacks and whited to win. I learned a lot about the world that i otherwise would not have. Fellowship with your culture (blackness) is all good, but we are not in this world alone and I wish more young people had an ipportunity to understand other cultures. I love the HBCU life, but I must admit that i miss being around my white brothers and sisters every now and then. ;) Alot of people have a lot of stupid stereotypes about mixed schools, but for the most part i liked the experience.

Back