The Get Down

I binge watched it a week ago....enjoyed it. Net flix has some really good original series. Rght now i am on episode 30 of La Esclava Blanca....simply wild! You have to look @ it via subtitles though if you don't speak spanish. Not sure if it's an original.

Last edited:
I keep hearing about this. How is it compared to "The Breaks" on VH1? I guess I will renew my Netflix account and check it out this weekend. Last time I renewed my Netflix account, it was for the sole purpose of watching "The Art of Organized Noise," which did not disappoint.

Just watched the first episode...even though I was feeling the acting immediately, the plot was building up kinda slow for me, especially when ole dude was bugging out because his girl wasn't feeling him. I guess I was thinking that this was nothing more than a dramatic love story...then they went to "The Get Down!" Not only was that nice but I see the whole picture of where the writers are coming from. Also being outside of NY, it gives me a whole new perspective and appreciation of how Hip Hop began...like most people already know, if it were not for hip hop, the youth would have channeled their energies in so many negative ways...so I guess I got some binge watching to do this weekend.

...I have a thought, kinda off from the movie. When I look at the comments of Afrika Bambataa on youtube these days, I rarely see anything nice. The vibe I get is the way many college football fans look at Jerry Sandusky. So it was strange to hear his name called out...

...was always intrigued by Flash and what he does on the turntable....I guess that scene is what has hooked me..

The only problem The Get Down has is that it was uploaded at the same time as Stranger Things. Stranger Things just sucked all of the attention away from other Netflix shows.

I guess I need to check this out......

But looks like this will be it for this show...

The Get Down Canceled; An Expensive Let Down For Netflix
the-get-down.png

http://www.movienewsguide.com/get-cancelled-expensive-let-netflix/285007

Probably because of the audience that it's geared too. Not many non black people are going to have much interest in watching it but it still has a 5 star rating on netflix so go figure.

Ok, i've finally started watching it since it kept coming up in my feed for shows to watch. I'm up to episode 4 now.

Enjoyed it and loved the way they ended it. Can tell who all the characters they slipped in there was and got surprised at Shaolin's name.

Back