THE CONTENDER

FAB5

Anybody catch this show last night? Surprisingly good, especially if you're a boxing fan. Didn't appear that anything will be fixed or fake (cuts included) about the fights. This undefeated cat took on what everyone considered an underdog and got clocked. This guy was shorter and a few lbs. lighter and won on unanimous decision.

Mark Burnett is killin.' This guy produces Survivor, The Apprentice, The Contender and soon Martha Stewart's Apprentice show

Since this show was pre-taped, are they including the guy that committed suicide?

SLT said:
Since this show was pre-taped, are they including the guy that committed suicide?

Yes... nothing will change. According to news reports, they'll do some type of tribute at the end of the episode that features him. They're doing something for his family as well.

Uhhhhh, which guy commited suicide?????????

I caught it last night. I thought it was pretty good, and I'm not even a boxing fan.

SLT said:

His fight/episode aired last night. A site is set up on yahoo for those who want to contribute to his daughter's fund.

FAB5 said:
His fight/episode aired last night. A site is set up on yahoo for those who want to contribute to his daughter's fund.

I saw the show last night.

And if this guy really committed suicide, I am really mad at him.
Did ya'll see that baby???? He had a LOT to live for. :smh:

Yeah...she was a little cutie. I guess you never know what goes on in the head of some people, the pressures and all. Truly sad.

FAB5 said:
Yeah...she was a little cutie. I guess you never know what goes on in the head of some people, the pressures and all. Truly sad.

That's true. He was really disappointed by losing the fight.
BUT it and anything else he was dealing with was not worth taking a life over. He had a family that needed him. It's sad and then to die on Valentine's Day?!?! :smh:

... On the real side: Sergio was kicking his butt in the ring....

CriTAUcal said:
On the real side: Sergio was kicking his butt in the ring....

For real...He lit him up and the stare downs at the end of the rounds, took his (Naji's) heart.

CriTAUcal said:
That's true. He was really disappointed by losing the fight.

That MIGHT have been the case, but the fight he lost was months before this. I think the issue was that it was taking so long for the show to air and he wasn't allowed to take any other fights during that time. The show was originally supposed to debut in September of last year, I think.

I think I read that he was still getting paid $1500/week from the show, though.

Great fight last night. Dude had no legs left in the 4th (pulled hamstring flared up) but dug deep in the 5th to pull it out.

For the loser to be 24-1, my question is who was he fightin' to lose to a guy 8-0? :lol:

Back