The Alternative Fuel to Replace Oil

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
What alternative fuel do you think the country should focuse the bulk of its federal research on and why?

My 1-2 list would be hydrogen and methane.

hydrogen because what, 2/3rds of the earth is salt water. simple electrolysis yields hydrogen from salt water, but hydrogen is extremely unstable. (but hey,, so is gasoline, but not as much so as hydrogen gas)

methane because of all the methane by-products produced by human activity and animals. should be able to horness methane for something even if nothing more than providing heated water to commercial buildings.

I am no engineer but I think hydrogen is the future. I feel it is possible for them to come up with a hydrogen burner with a nuclear powered electroylis apparatus.

Before someone cries out NUCLEAR... they are already making self-powered nuclear devices. Ironman didn't come up with that stuff from the air.

Years ago there was a self powered car amplifier. . . guess what the power source was... nuclear. It was about 6 g'z.. 14 years ago.

BMW had a hydrogen powered concept years ago... I guess Exxon didn't like that so it never came to light... .

Anyone participating in the current oil futures market? There is a way to participate without committing 10K for a margin futures contract. There are oil fund ETF's out there that you can invest in and make some money. Each time I put gas in my vehicle, I say to myself. "I'm making money, I'm making money" Kind of softens the pain at the pump.

Back