the Academy Awards

silentrage

Delta Girl
:tup: Morgan Freeman - Best Supporting Actor, Million Dollar Baby

I still remember him from The Electric Company on PBS. :nod: He's from Mississippi, right?

I wonder how Beyonce (sp?) was selected to sing the various nominated songs.

My man Prince looked equisite in that purple suit jacket. :love:

silentrage said:
I wonder how Beyonce (sp?) was selected to sing the various nominated songs.

My man Prince looked equisite in that purple suit jacket. :love:

I was think the same thing about Beyonce.

Remember back in the 80's when it was always said that Prince was weird and Michael was the greatest??? Well I think the roles are reversed. :lol:

cat daddy said:
I was think the same thing about Beyonce.

Remember back in the 80's when it was always said that Prince was weird and Michael was the greatest??? Well I think the roles are reversed. :lol:

Very true. People thought Prince was too vulgar and sexually explicit. Michael was the golden boy liked by everyone. Fast forward 25 years and Prince had one of the biggest selling concert tours in 2004 and Jackson is trying to fight accusations of child molestion. You never can tell... :teleport:

:tup: Jamie Foxx! Now I really gotta see Ray! What a great thank you speech.

He's come a long way from Wanda on In Living Color!

silentrage said:
:tup: Jamie Foxx! Now I really gotta see Ray!

Oh yes you do.....

You won't see Jamie on that screen, you'll see Ray Charles in that entire movie....

silentrage said:
:tup: Morgan Freeman - Best Supporting Actor, Million Dollar Baby

I still remember him from The Electric Company on PBS. :nod: He's from Mississippi, right?
Yeah, Morgan is from Mississippi. He still lives in Mississippi in the Delta.

Congrats to Morgan for finally getting that Oscar. He shoulda won for his role as Hoke, in Driving Miss Daisy.

Mad props to Jamie Foxx for his Best Actor Oscar. Move over Poitier and Washington. Great speech he made, too. Ain't no telling when he gonna get to sleep, though. I'm sure grandma will wait.

Big ups to Clint Eastwood. Million Dollar Baby raked 'em in.

Robber said:
Congrats to Morgan for finally getting that Oscar. He shoulda won for his role as Hoke, in Driving Miss Daisy.

Yep. I think Morgan should have won for his role as Red in The Shawshank Redemption.

Great night.
Congrats to Morgan Freeman (well deserved) and Jamie Foxx (Uncanny performance) never seen him ACT like that.

But yall, what was up with those five songs that was nominated for best song? :vomit: Did anyone else hate those songs or was it just me?

I love Jamie... But I people are sleeping on Don Cheadle. Please don't sleep on Hotel Rwanda A MUST SEE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think about Chris Rock? I wasn't too impressed with his opening monologue adn some of his comments throughout the night were just off. I will say the bit on Bush applying for a second job was pretty funny.

This was a fitting end to the End of Black History Month with:

Chris Rock hosting the Academy Awards
Beyonce singing 3 times during the show
Morgan Freeman winning best Supporting Actor &
Jamie Foxx winning best Actor

:tup: :tup:

I was getting worried because the Avitor won so many of the other lower awards and best Supporting actress.

I love the minor awards, like best Costume Design (that TROY should have won), best Sound, Best Screenplay, best Foriegn film etc etc.

I have not seen Million Dollar Baby, but after last night I will. Someone at the gym this morning told me it had a tragic ending. :eek: . I have to go see it now. Then after that is Hotel Rowanda. Don Chedelle will get his award soon...................TRUST!!!!!

I'm happy to see Jaime Foxx win the big one. I only wish Don Cheadle would have pulled home an Oscar also. That brotha is good.

Glad to see Morgan Freeman bring home one also. One of my favorite actors. I see where others have commented on two of my favorite movies. Driving Ms. Daisy and the Shawshank Redemtion. I watch those two whenever they are on. :tup:

I'm glad Jamie and Morgan won the Oscars. This is the first time I watched the Oscars since 1986;stop watching it b/c The Color Purple was "dissed".The Academy made up for it last night though and earlier with Denzel and Halle winning the Oscars.

On the otherhand much props to my girl Beyonce'. She did an outstanding job singing that first song in French;not an easy thing to do.The musical directors of the Academy and the composer's of those songs had the higest confidence in her ability to sing those songs.

I missed the show...but I still can't shake the thought that if Mr. Charles wouldn't have passed, the movie nor his album wouldn't be receiving all of these awards...same as Johnny Cash.

Was Kimberly Elise nominated for anything? IMO, she is a far better actress than Halle Berry.

Dont forget the one sister that was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in Hotel Rowanda.

Did anyone hear that Halle Berry pick up her "RAZZIE" award for Catwoman?
She is HUMBLE though?

BandFan said:
Did anyone hear that Halle Berry pick up her "RAZZIE" award for Catwoman?
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonSun/Entertainment/2005/02/28/944962-sun.html

Halle takes her Razzie in stride

LOS ANGELES -- Hoisting her Academy Award in one hand and newly won Razzie in the other, Halle Berry revelled in a career low point. "Omigosh, oh my God," Berry gasped, feigning excitement.

"I never in my life thought that I would be here, winning a Razzie.

"It's not like I ever aspired to be here, but thank you."

Berry was named worst actress Saturday night for 2004's action bomb Catwoman, which also took the prize for worst film at the 25th annual Razzies, an Oscar spoof that trashes Hollywood's worst.

Back