The 80th Magic City Classic

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Make sure they do y’all classic right man…. Don’t let these slick cars sellsman they got sweet talk y’all into some short end of the stick garbage. That classic is a SWAC cornerstone and has been for decades.

We’re not SU. Still can’t believe they agreed to play the SU-JSU game in Jackson for multiple years and they had the nerve to call themselves the home team in some of those games

tenor.gif

we’ll get the best deal offered

The MCC would never work as a home and home game, and I doubt either school would expand their stadiums just for one game. The game needs to remain at Legion Field, unless and until Legion Field closes at some point. If so, then I think the schools should seriously consider the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
Soul bowl wasn't the same when alcorn moved it to campus... It got better! JSU-Alcorn is completely off the hook when it comes to the reservation.

Magic City Classic...IN ATLANTA? 🙄 Only Magic City I think of in the A involves a stripper pole. 😆 But...umm...NO! MCC is an Alabama Thang and should remain, DESERVES to remain in the state of Alabama where the 2 schools reside and where numerous alums and fans also live. IF it ever goes to Protective Stadium, its just going to be a smaller crowd but definitely a sellout.

How many does Ladd-Pebbles hold in Mobile? Is it anywhere close to what Legion Field seats? If it is....is that an option IF Legion Field went away?

Magic City Classic...IN ATLANTA? 🙄 Only Magic City I think of in the A involves a stripper pole. 😆 But...umm...NO! MCC is an Alabama Thang and should remain, DESERVES to remain in the state of Alabama where the 2 schools reside and where numerous alums and fans also live. IF it ever goes to Protective Stadium, its just going to be a smaller crowd but definitely a sellout.

How many does Ladd-Pebbles hold in Mobile? Is it anywhere close to what Legion Field seats? If it is....is that an option IF Legion Field went away?
Atlanta can expand to 80k though. And is a fair distance from both schools. Up to the Alabama’s though.

Ladd-Peebles is now for growing the Gulf Coast Challenge..it appears the city of Mobile is behind it 100%

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
How is the weather looking for game day on Saturday? Seems like it is supposed to rain.

Sat 30 | Day​

57° High

40%
W 11 mph
Rain showers early with overcast skies later in the day. High 57F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Coach Maynor and Coach Hill-Eley entertained the media with a few jokes and a little trash talk before the Magic City Classic.

View: https://youtu.be/yelFVMH8xt4

@CeeDog @2kool @Mr. SWAC
@BulldogM.Ed.23 @DAHILL @Dog81
@dieharddawg @Normal1875
@PQUE
Dr. Eley may be out of the job if he lose to A&M. This game is important to both, but Ely need every leveraged Win to at least argue his case for one more year on the hot seat. Should be a nice match up still with a lot at stake for both.

I believe since 1938. The B’ham black community built this classic. Will they still support it if it’s moved to Montgomery or Huntsville. The 2 schools been playing each other since 1924. Alabama and Auburn took their game from Legion Field and the Iron Bowl has not missed a beat. I know we’re not PWIs and operates in a different sphere but I also recognize the city of B’ham will one day stop maintaining the Old Gray Lady. I say let the cites of B’ham and Montgomery and Huntsvillle into the discussion of the future of the MCC.
I’m not a fan of neither school but I’m aware of the MCC and it hurts my heart if it boiled down to relocation between both schools campuses. The MCC at Legion field is a major brand that represents the swac extremely well!!

Reactions: J C
Back