The 48th Annual Grammy Awards

Brave said:
how can you call what Kanye did c**nery...that was a clear interjection of black college life for the world to see.

You must feel the whole swac is c**nery. Thats is downing your own man stop that :(

Let me rectify...

The whole SWAC is not c**nery. Kanye is.

I do not care for Kanye's arrogance. I don't think his latest album is as mind-blowing as critics, nor do I think his schtick is cool, either.

And, for a dropout who claims that a college degree isn't necessary to use the black college band as the backdrop to his Grammy performance, is sort of conciliatory.

As much as I do it, we don't have to accept all Black nuances as our own. Kanye does too much...of everything.

The step show portion was tight.

Just my opinion...

jagface said:
Let me rectify...

The whole SWAC is not c**nery. Kanye is.

I do not care for Kanye's arrogance. I don't think his latest album is as mind-blowing as critics, nor do I think his schtick is cool, either.

And, for a dropout who claims that a college degree isn't necessary to use the black college band as the backdrop to his Grammy performance, is sort of conciliatory.

As much as I do it, we don't have to accept all Black nuances as our own. Kanye does too much...everything.

The step show portion was tight.

Just my opinion...

:topic:
I respect your opinion but do you have to use the term "c**n" or "c**nery".

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
NASTYNUPE said:
No one mentioned this so I'll be the first...there was something really strange and scary looking going on with Sly Stone.

Yea, bruh! Sly was on some other sh!t.

NASTYNUPE said:
No one mentioned this so I'll be the first...there was something really strange and scary looking going on with Sly Stone.

Yeah, I noticed it too.......seems like he's living back inthe day and probably snorting like back in the day too!

O- and Ciara further proved that she ain't good for nothing but dancing.

Ciara needs to put the microphone down!

I liked U2 and Mary J. Blige's performance of One. That is a hot track on her CD.

The finale with Allen Toussaint - :tup:

Jay Z, Linkin Park, & Paul MaCartney - interesting combination.

staggalee83 said:
Question:

Do you think the Grammys know about any other group besides U2.:xeye:

Just call it the U2 awards.

Frat, U2 is tight. As a musician you got to give them their props. Even though I did think Mariah should have won best album. I knew Kayne would not win that particular category. Clearly what is happening is that they are showing young folks that you need to be able to do more than sample an old school song and rap on top of it. Even though I like a lot of the hip hop tunes. I still question the musicianship.

da_caramel_diva said:
I listen to U2. :D

i do too, and I listen to the album they won for. it wasn't the record of the year if you ask me. but they didn't, so there ya go!!!

JR said:
Frat, U2 is tight. As a musician you got to give them their props. Even though I did think Mariah should have won best album. I knew Kayne would not win that particular category. Clearly what is happening is that they are showing young folks that you need to be able to do more than sample an old school song and rap on top of it. Even though I like a lot of the hip hop tunes. I still question the musicianship.

I'll give them their props............but DAMM.:cool:

Year after year...................come on.:xeye:
TO ME..............most of their stuff sound exactly the same. :bump:

Is it mean that I am glad Kanye didn't win? I do wish that Mariah would have won...

And Ciara ain't good for nothing but poplocking...

NASTYNUPE said:
2 Questions:

1. Who in the f__k listens to U2?
2. Why in the f__k does U2 win every year????

I only know 1 person that listens to U2, and that is my old Team Leader. He has the Black and Red U2 Ipod.
He thinks U2 are (g)ods.

"The Only playa that robbed, and kept all his jewerly" - Kanye West
Ironic is it not?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU said:
Me two! My favorite U-2 song is, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

JSU, that is the joint right there. First U2 I ever heard and the best one if you ask me. Seriously though, they are a pretty good rock band.

NASTYNUPE said:
Mary J sounded AWFUL!!!

1. As usual.......:lol:

2. I thought for a 40+ yr. old of mother of 2, Madonna looked great...tight. Made me think of the those latest pics of JJ and just :smh:

3. The world listens to U2, rock w/substance...a can't miss combo :headphone

4. Glad KW didn't get everything, maybe he'll grow up and learn some humility. :retard:

SimplyRedd said:
Is it mean that I am glad Kanye didn't win? I do wish that Mariah would have won...

And Ciara ain't good for nothing but poplocking...

Nah, it isn't mean. The Grammys threw a bucket of ice cold piss on him. He needs to quell that bravado. It is unbelieveable.

Ciara. Did you see the penis? :lmao:

Over all, I thought the Grammys was boring. I watched bits and pieces of the show. I did like the Kenye and Jamie Foxx performance with the FAMU band.

The best Grammy Awards that I saw was back in the early 80's when Michael Jackson performed Songs from his 'Thriller' Album. Man that dude was off the chain. When he did the Moon Walk that just added extra excitment. I was a kid, but I still remember that performance like it was yesterday.

NASTYNUPE said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Sly had me rolling.:lol: He came out, rocked for 2 or 3 minutes, and then just upped and left. All the other performers were looking like "where's he going, is he coming back???" The others tried to cover for him, but it was easy to see that they were surprised that he left like that. I'm convinced that his leaving that soon was not planned.

He definitely appeared to be on something.....Orange Mohawk: he had to be.:lol:

Regards.

buckwheat1911 said:
The best Grammy Awards that I saw was back in the early 80's when Michael Jackson performed Songs from his 'Thriller' Album. Man that dude was off the chain. When he did the Moon Walk that just added extra excitment. I was a kid, but I still remember that performance like it was yesterday.

I was thinking the same thing last night. Overall the Grammys sucked big time. I was flipping between it and PBS. Awards shows are a far cry from how they were in the mid-to-late 80s. I think the lack of real talent in the industry is really showing now. A lot of these artists can neither sing NOR perform. NO stage presence or style whatsoever. :vomit:

Kanye, Jamie and the Marching 100 were the best performance of the night.

Mary sounded a hot MESS!!!! She was struggling.

John Legend was great. (He just need to stop making those Toliet faces). Was that his mama sitting next to him with all them d@mn colors on????

Mariah was killing that "Fly Like a Bird" with the choir. Great singes dont make comebacks.

NASTYNUPE said:
2 Questions:

1. Who in the f__k listens to U2?
2. Why in the f__k does U2 win every year????

I did not know they had a record out. Didn't know who they were.

Slap whoever asked Ciara to sing live with some wet toilet paper. She can't sing a note if they held in it a bucket for her.

As much as I love and support Fantasia, I'm gon ask her to stop hollering in the forkin microphone.

Sly was scary.

Back