The 2010 Gym Thread..

That is one the best parts of being in a fraternity in undergrad, is it gives you an execuse to take your shirt off on the yard. Of course, I use to run around in a jockstrap and cape at the Omega parties back in the day but no one knows that now. I don't even have frat stuff at my cubicle now.

Pop I had a few friends that were Ques. Pop I know you know Earnest I think he went over with my Home boy Manny Powell and that line. I remember that dude came up to me and my bo Lo at the Snooty Fox with a cape on and purple speedos. All the Ques who went over that year was dressed like that. He tried to Dat Lo up and pull him to him with the semi hug thing. Lo kept his hand and arm stiff like naw bruh that's cool. Purple Speedos no shirt, a cape and gold boots...:scared::scared::scared::shame::shame::lol::lol:

I had another Homeboy who went over Que at Tougaloo. They was in the club that night. I ask him why they weren't rocking the Speedos. He looked at my crazy nucca please...:shame::shame::lol::lol:

This year I coming down from the DE weight to the running back weight too. Now I've been a member of the Y for three years. This time of the year is the worst. I got their last night at 5:50. No parks, all the machines were taken. SMH. The Arobics rooms,spin classes were packed.

I give it till Valentines Day...

I aint been to a gym in a min. I use to mainly go to play ball really. I do things at home though...all I'm trying to do is cut up more. I got the pecs and the 6 pac..showing and toned up where I can hit the Beach with no worries..but I want it cut up more. lol Im 160.....my metabolism is crazy...not tryna lose or really gain either though.

Yea..but college would make a dude get in the gym quick! lol I was on the step team..and the step captin was swole and always wanted to find a way for us to take our shirt off in shows for the females. We stayed in that gym that year...to keep our pride and dignity.:lol:

You probably weigh less than the majority that post on this site. I've seen the photos posted during football season, it's some 'big" folks on this site. Currently I weigh 195 lbs, hope to be down to 185 lbs by the end of March.

Noted! :tup:
I've been thinking about switching my yoga times to mornings, but I already have such a hard time getting up at 6:30 a.m., so I don't know.

I just know I'm usually not interested in working out as soon as I get home from work, which is after 7 p.m. And then I push myself to work out before taking a shower/going to bed at around 10:30 p.m. or so.

I have absolutely no motivation to workout in the evening. At most, I'll go for a walk/run, but to the gym? No way! Therefore, I get up in the AM and head to the gym.

Drinking water in the morning is the best time for your body also. It's better because that is when your body is more thirsty, so drinking those pops aren't god for you anyway, especially early in the morning. It also helps curve your appetite be taking care of your thirst. You want desire those big meals.

Agreed! That's the first thing I drink in the morning and do so throughout the day. Whenever I feel like snacking, I drink some water.

That is one the best parts of being in a fraternity in undergrad, is it gives you an execuse to take your shirt off on the yard. Of course, I use to run around in a jockstrap and cape at the Omega parties back in the day but no one knows that now. I don't even have frat stuff at my cubicle now.

:lol:

I have a picture of a Que at Freaknik 94 wearing nothing but a G-string and a beeper. :what: :lol:

Okay,
I am kicking it off early this year. I lost 20 pounds last summer (275-255) but over the course of the semester I put 15 back on (Grad School night time snacking).

My goal this year is to hit 250 by March and and 245 by April.
I am looking at adding a few workout classes to my repertoire this year. I am going back to spin class on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I may add a body pump class on Wednesday.

I tried hydroxycut in the past and it worked the first time, (hardcore gave me female-like mood swings) but I don't think I am going to use any supplements this go round.

My opening weight is 270 lbs...

Pop, how was the hydroxycut. One of my boys used it and he was able to lose weight. What are some of the pros and cons of using it?

Pop, how was the hydroxycut. One of my boys used it and he was able to lose weight. What are some of the pros and cons of using it?

I didn't have to many cons with using the regular strength hydroxycut. You may have some crazy bowel movements in the beginning but your body should adjust quickly. It is a lot of pills to take though. I saw the signs of progress in a little over 10 days. You just have to workout and those pills will force your body to work harder and burn more calories.

When I tried the hardcore, I was crashing and my emotions were out of whack. Seriously, I would be depressed somedays for no reason or whining like a dang girl.

Sidenote: Other people I knew taking these pills had problems with their significant other getting bad cases of diarrhea after oral sex. Just an FYI..

I tried Hydroxycut once and it did okay, but now, every once in a while, I take N.O. Xplode. The taste is horrible, but it really helps with energy and muscle recovery when lifting weights. You'll jump around like a mad man looking for weights, but it's a good energy boost. You just have to make sure you do cardio with it.

I thought that Hydroycut caused liver failure. I don't mess with none of that stuff. Probably why I can't shed the pounds even though I work out and eat less..

I tried Hydroxycut once and it did okay, but now, every once in a while, I take N.O. Xplode. The taste is horrible, but it really helps with energy and muscle recovery when lifting weights. You'll jump around like a mad man looking for weights, but it's a good energy boost. You just have to make sure you do cardio with it.

N.O. Xplode, is good stuff!!

Back