Tha STORM vs Da OCEAN... results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by s phi s
No tblaster, they were booing TxSU's band. It had nothing to do with the teams. Because the boos were accompanied by an Apollo-style get off the field hand signal. So I guess my eyes AND ears both failed me at the same time.

What side were you looking at, because our side definitely wasn't booing us. Maybe yall's side was, but that's expected. Our side was booing yall when yall got off the field. So please don't get big headed and think that yall are better than yall actually are, because you're not.

Originally posted by t_blaster2001
Just to clear somthing up....

THE CROWD WAS BOOING THE OPPOSING TEAMS AS THEY CAME ON THE FIELD...NOT THE BAND!!!

(I thought yall were smarter than that)

And whoever said that PV's band is twice as big as TxSU's, please show me your ticket stub, because you couldn't have been in the right stadium. Like someone said, that means that PV was marching over 500 people. :rolleyes:

No fool they were booing your "stand in one formation band".

As far as size, I can admit to being an overstatement, but a band does seem small IMO when they march 3 minutes of the 12 minutes they perform. Admit it, half the time TSU band stood on a yard marker and played. They may have moved their legs but never walked an inch. A bands seems bigger when they have formations and shapes and when an instrument group goes from one 30 yard line to the other 30 yard line. I guarantee that flag with her bloomers down did not cross her side of the 50 yard line all night. It was more intersting to watch her fumble with her zipper than to watch the Ocean of Soul.

I guess PV Band lived up to its name as the MARCHING Storm while TSU was so still they should have been renamed the Puddle of Ocean.

I find it funny that the two TSU dissenters attack only one statement out of my whole analysis. That alone shows concurrence. Pride is one thing and we at PV swallow it a lot when talking about football. Just take yours when it comes to the band action.

Yes I am biased but truthfully, did TSU win the halftime show. Definitely not. Was their performance good. It was fine if they had been by themselves. Basically, it was like putting Ashanti on stage with Mariah. You quickly find out who the real singer is.

Can someone put a tape on the SWAC Page so we can take a poll?

Peace!!!!!

KCPVPanther

Originally posted by TNT_Soldier01
Man I can't believe what I just read! U really think that TxSU bones got the win! Did u hear how they sounded when they tried to play back some da TNT fanfares back at them? Da TNT is know for technical things in each and evey fanfare! So I would have to give the W to da TNT! TxSU had what 25 bones and it only sounded like 10-15 of them were really playing and da TNT had 15 and 10 of them where playing(except for the crabs and some of the ones who just got on bone this season)! There were some songs that both bands played and it was only one song TxSU had a better arrangment on, but N those Jeans killed TxSU especially the B-tones part was a killa (OH YEAH N THOSE JEANS WAS WRITTEN BY A MEMBER OF DA TNT)!

Fall '01
TNT/MST

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: you just d*cked yourself bigtime buddy. so you mean to tell me yall were marching some no blowin azz tbones???? some skatin azz tbones?? non prepared bones?? we already knew yall just added them. what technical things?? so if 10-15 out of 19 of yall were blowin and and we sounded like 10-15 (why lie and say 10-15 thats a big difference), that means we had more power cuz 15 of us forsho sound like 19 and all 26 of us were blowin including your ex-TNT!! plus we drowned yall out on our 3rd fanfare when yall started. but yall were bringin some. our only flaw was the second time we did bone thugs. to be real, even we said it wasnt good. music wise yall were hiding behind the btones who had all the power (pv btones did get the win). i was on pv side and the bones were still stinging you defected brand of TNT........better yet yall were more like firecrackers, you damn crackers. yalls jeans was ok but bone/tone part was a bit choppy. ours had more soul and actually "sung" it. yall bones dont know how to sing with yall horn?? bootsie what are you teachin them???? OE, im mad yall didnt play roots.....but then yall didnt need to yall had tnt.

halftime- pv was booed when they stepped on i know that forsho. plus the crowd dont care about drills, music for drills and majorettes. their deciding factor is the dance routine. our entrance was player.

drill- txsu. but both had some screw ups (just being real) pvu's V was messing up. drummers and tubas on the right side were adjusting the diagonal and still didnt get it straight. tsu, the first line from the left going in before the pinwheel, someone was draggin in the front.
majorette stance- both
slow jam piece- didnt yall play can you stop the rain in reliant against the jukebox?? OH yall did i got the tape. but yea we stopped the rain with those jeans and no famu rip to dance block.
i give yall the dance routine but you know the dance only won the half to the hearts of those who know nothing about band, music and marching (mostly boppin females they judge by dance and dance routine songs) better dance dont mean better show or whole game performance. but i will say chatterbox was TOOOOOOOO LOUD on the mic or the mic was turned up too high. that hurt us a bit.

but both were pretty good in the stands pv only brung it with genesis (over and over), big ballin and espn. the other songs were decent except yalls "like a dog". very boo boo. the crowd loved our like a dog better. yall "frontin" was nice and had a moving twist to it. in those jeans was a bit choppy for the bones singin part. 5th quarter, i remeber someone on here wanting us to play torture in the stands i think it was a storm member. well how you luv that??!!! our "we only just begun" fanfare should have been played after every genesis. black and blues, killa!! sorry to tell you fellow bones, the run could have been better.

txsu tubas definitely got the win!!!! the tubas were clownin the 14K or fake gold. you boys were on point!!! i was on pv side during tsu espn, full clean power........well that was the whole game and field. just smooth on "in those jeans". good job smokey.

txsu mellos got the win. were you pv mellos tired on pyt?? but yall were ok in the game. im mad the both didnt battle during the game.

pv btones, yall came up and was bringin it. yall get the w. yall could have battled too.

both trumpets werent bringin like they should well.......could have and didnt even battle long. yall did it on torture.

drums- cadences/feature -the box
snares- box
tenors- box
quads- txsu killin forsho
basses- txsu
cymbols- ???

but the both are gonna do well this year. hope to see yall on dec13th.

No tblaster, they were booing TxSU's band. It had nothing to do with the teams. Because the boos were accompanied by an Apollo-style get off the field hand signal. So I guess my eyes AND ears both failed me at the same time.

i guess we both got booed s phi. i was in the endzone and they were booing when yall first stepped on the field. no BS. a good way to welcome you a DM huh?? but i guess you were too happy you couldnt hear them you aint been one since....... high school maybe??

Originally posted by ClevePVAMU
Both bands also used the same songs in their dance routines. That MIGHT have been the cause of TSU being booed...

*shrug shoulders* but we wouldnt boo our own. of course yall school gonna boo (if yall did) but s phi s makin it like the whole dome was booing cuz i aint hear no booing on us. it was probably just pv fans and on pv side. now yes we booed when yall got on. so now what??? like i said i guess the both of us were booed. i know i was booing yall azzes :D :D ;)

Originally posted by TBSHorn
[/COLOR]

I agree both bands did good in the stands but I would not be so quick to give TxSU mellophones props because from where I was I heard none and I was in the stands in front of TxSU while they playd "Frontin". :rolleyes:

was you in front when they play torture, like a dog, blackand blues, in front of them halftime, etc???

*sings* you should stop frontin babe;)

Originally posted by KCPVPanther

As for band size, PV was twice the size of TSU. There was so much gold in the field you thought you were in South Africa.

mr- i got coke bottle glasses for a dollar cuz yous a blind mofo!

Reason why TSU lost.

1. Band marched only on field lines with 25 people in a row. Did no diagonal formation. Did no letter formation. Basically marced like a white band except for kicking up their legs.

mr- what are 7 rotating diamonds?? you have to have diagonals for that idiot. we dont need to do a letter formation.

3. Their drums did nothing.

mr- so??!

4. They played the song "IN those Jeans" and featured a girl walking around in black jeans while the 3 TSU drum majors danced around her. What was the rest of the band doing? Just standing their playing the song while the girl tried to walk like Beyonce on crack. Pretty weak.

mr- im not gonna waist my time on you id go pretty raw. you dont even know what the hell youre talkin about. dont even know what a diagonal is. go back to your old math teachers and slap'em for not teaching you your shapes. how in the world you got to college???

Let me explaim the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs

PV - PV side gave a standing ovation....TSU side applauded

TSU - TSU side barely gave courtesy applause....PV side booed them as they left the field.

Not it was not for the football teams. They had already run down the sidelines.

How am I qualified to tell you this????? Because I was standing behind the goal post equidistant from both crowds. I could see and hear everything both crownds did. TSU's side applauded PV more than they did TSU. Im not hatin on the band but that is what happened.

I'll have some more comments soon.

the boos were accompanied by an Apollo-style get off the field hand signal.

Co-signing !

PV's band was not twice the size of the puddle, I mean the Ocean, However the announcer said you guys were 225, either TxSU math classes are taught in arabic or someone is lying. TxSU has gotten bigger, but definately not 220. I would have to say with everything including aux... yall' are between 160-175 !

Now some of you are just outright lying. Yeah the boos were coming from our side. But there certainly wasn't much cheering for you all coming from your side either (except when y'all first came out cuz they thought y'all were actually gonna do something). When we walked out, there were more cheers than a lil bit. And we got house from BOTH sides. The only tape I have seen so far is from TxSU's side, and they may not have gone nuts on your side for us, but I CERTAINLY did not hear any boos. I SAW and HEARD quite a bit of applause and house after our show. After your show, there were PLENTY of boos from our side and not much else going on anywhere. The teams had already returned to the field so they weren't booing that.

To me, the show wasn't half bad, but let's not try to twist the truth to those that were not in attendance.

SMH...PV did not get booed marching on the field......That is just _ _ _!!!!:(

Originally posted by t_blaster2001
Just to clear somthing up....

THE CROWD WAS BOOING THE OPPOSING TEAMS AS THEY CAME ON THE FIELD...NOT THE BAND!!!

(I thought yall were smarter than that)

Uh...t_blast....I hate to tell you this....but, TSU getting boo'd is not far fetched at all. In fact....since the mid 90's, TSU has always stayed on the borderline between a golf clap and getting boo'd.

Just MHO....

All i have to say is that both bands look and sounded good. i think TSU came out with more energy but it died before halftime. i watched and filmed from TSU side and after viewing both shows from both sides PV did win the halftime show and there were plenty of BOO's coming at the Ocean. i for one am not as big on the second half of the game as some of you all. but PV takes the whole 3rd quarter to walk around and sign autographs.:rolleyes: thank god the football team did not score a touchdown i guess the crowd could have clapped the fight song. both bands are going to improve one of them just has to step up a whole lot more than the other. okay that is as unbias as i am gonna be since i have ties with both schools. and The Ocean was the larger band i did a count. looks like me and my crew will be in Shreveport cause a source tells me The Storm is coming! :eek2:

I'm in the middle still...the dome hides whatever flaws the bands might have so I have to wait a week. They both sound good in there if you tell me.

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
looks like me and my crew will be in Shreveport cause a source tells me The Storm is coming! :eek2:
That's what I've been waiting to hear.

Originally posted by Legend35
That's what I've been waiting to hear.

Don't put too emphasis on a poster that has only 1 post and not sure of what school to attend. Think about it ! Seems unlikely that a person could have a BA from PV. Masters @ North texas but sitting on TxSU's side during a football game but says PV was better. Something's wrong. I think we have a PV imposter !

Sorry,....I got a little excited and wasn't thinking straight but, now that you have presented such non-solid evidence from the original poster,....I will await a more concrete confirmation.

I had the opportunity to meet the money man for the band a few weeks ago. The subject of Shereveport came up and he told three foks on the board what the band will be doing this weekend.

Originally posted by Legend35
Sorry,....I got a little excited and wasn't thinking straight but, now that you have presented such non-solid evidence from the original poster,....I will await a more concrete confirmation.

I am waiting like you and some of the rest. The official word will probably come from s phi s, hopefully sometime tommorow !!

I hate to intervene in this debate, but this is for all the KATS from both schools who claiming their school str8 took the W. I don't go to neither school.

1. Let me say this, OVERALL THE ONLY AREA WHERE ONE BAND WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHER WAS THE DANCE ROUTINE (PV). OTHERWISE THE BANDS WERE PRETTY EVENLY MATCHED. Take away the dance routine and you have a draw at halftime

2. Some people are putting to much emphasis on the booing. That is so High Schoolish. Question, who was booing? Some PV fans was booing and that is expected between rival schools, especially PV fans who have a lot of pride for their band. But quick acting like the whole stadium was booing. Last Year I sat on TxSU side and i heard them boo PV off the field but that didn't mean isht.

3. Both bands did well in the stands. As I said on other boards, what suprised me the most was PV's volume and The clarity that TxSU played with.

UNLESS YOU TALKING BOUT WHO DANCED BETTER NOBODY GETS A W.

Originally posted by Blu Panther
I had the opportunity to meet the money man for the band a few weeks ago. The subject of Shereveport came up and he told three foks on the board what the band will be doing this weekend.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I remember that meeting, I was standing there too.....:D

Re: HATERS

Originally posted by M-Town
CHECK THIS OUT FIRST OF ALL......P.V. CANNOT BEAT TSU AT NOTHIN WE FOUND THAT OUT LAST NIGHT. THA PERCUSSION SECTION ESPECIALLY. TSU SENT OUT PLENTY OF BATTLE CALLS AND CADENCES.... THA SOX OR WHATEVER PLAYED NOTHING BACK. I'M NOT SAYING THAT PV IS JUST SORRY BUT THEY CANNOT BEAT TSU OR ANY OF OUR SECTIONS.THEY'RE GOOD BUT NOT THAT GOOD.

HATING WILL NEVER GET U ANYWHERE!!!!

Man, who is this guy? You must be a crab that wasn't on a drum! Were u even at the game? Must not of been. The Funk Train was weak this year. You must not know how to balance a section. How do you have 11 bass drums and 9 tenors? That's too bottom heavy. That's maybe why we didn't hear any snares. I give it to you, the quints were ok, but you had 5 or 6. Ya'll just played triplets around the drums. Any high schooler can do that. We had 3, but that is no excuse on our part. TSU had 11 basses but only 5 were actually playing. We walked over there ourselves in the 3rd qtr. and saw it ourselves. And for this battle call business, WHERE WERE YOU??? We played plenty of battles from each section and cadences the whole game. I think that's why the trumpets and b-tones didn't get to battle.

You could have said that PV and TSU were equal on anything else except the BOX. That is just LUDACRIS!!!:eek2: Come talk to me when you learn your hybrid rudiments.(in case you don't know what they are: cheese's, flam 5's, etc.!):read: But first, get on a drum!

You said it yourself..... HATING WILL GET YOU NOWHERE!!

my take on it....

I sat on TxSU side for half time with some of my boys from highschool and what impressed me the most was the clarity PV had through out thier show. I don't think the STORM has sounded that good on the field since the late '90's. I was impressed with TxSU. I retract any statment i said in other threads about ya'll being garbage now and forever. Ya'll have obviously come up.

PV- drill execution was OK but needs some cleaning up. Sound was great. Fast cadence needs some more speed, but what do you expect for LDC. Box feature came together well from what I saw earlier in the week... but I think I think it could still stand a little more work.... never the less it was still well above average. Concert number... "Can You Stop The Rain" is one of my favorites, I think it sounded great but the Horns could have cut through a little more. Dance was off the chain. Best since '95 IMO.

TxSU- Entrence was off the Chain!!! Came in with amazing energy... really got me excited. Drill wise ya'll still needs some work though it was better than any thing I've seen from ya'll in the last 10 years.Sound wise...Ya'll sound tight when ya'll face the stand, but if you are going to do down the field drills you should definentk y turn up the volume. All your songs were well played but i hated almost every arangment. Your Boogi sounded like a watered down version of Grams... Sept had little resemblence to EWF with exception of the chorus... Crazy in love was definently blown' but I think we will heard some much better arangment from other bands this year..., In those Jeans sucked. Ya'll played it well but who ever wrote it needs to actually buy or borrow the CD before trying to score it. Your dance execution left alot to be desired but that is nothing new.

Now i will be honest TxSU never shows thier true colors until about the third game. THEY WILL BE PRETTY NASTY THIS YEAR!!! I'd have to give the "W" to PV on the field. Overall I'd say PV but not by much. TxSU definently showed up this year.

Advice: CUT HALF OF YOUR BASSES!!!! they are killing you. You would need over 350 brass to warrent that many and even then they would need to be onal basses. this isn't highschool. bangn' the ish out of drum isn't cool anymore.

Section wise:
TxSU t-bones get the "w". But for thier size TNT was holdn' it down.
Trumpets - Toss up
Mello- TxSU. it hurts me to say it but PV was just good. TxSU was great. Niether were excellent. Both could use some more work through the season.
Tubas- PV, but TXSU was good.
B-Tones- PV all they way. Boys were bringing it.
Drums- BOX... but TxSU quints or quads whatever ya'll play were smokin!!!

I was there and I marched.

PV was there. They were very close to the PV they were in 97. With the exception of the trombones. The fanfares were pretty good but the volume was not there. I'm not being biased and I'm not smacking. The volume just wasn't there. PV's baritones and trumpets outshined pretty much the whole band in the stands. On the field their sound as a band was full and clean. Not overly powerful but full and clean and rich. PV did get booed by TxSou fans just before they got on the field. It wasn't that loud but there were boos and jeers. And we got some boos coming off on account of having similar dance routines....I'm tired of that ATL music anyway.

Our show was pretty decent. We've got some work to do though. I think this year we're a little smoother and have way more color.

Now on the folk from gRambling who keep commenting on that trombone fanfare. gRambling didn't start playing Juicy until last year. Believe it or not Juicy has been played at Texas schools since about 1991 and it didn't come from gRambling. Matter of fact, I think it's one of Will Thomas' early fanfares anyway. There is no tape before last year where gRambling has played Juicy. Don't claim otherwise.

I was at the game on saturday, I really believe that both bands did okay, The crowd was not booing the band. They were booing the opposing football teams as they came onto the foot ball field, because PV took to long on the field which also caused Tsu to be penalized 10 yards on the kick off for taking to much time on the field (Thanks to PVU). Pv is not as big as TSU, also I do agree that Them Bass Drums were playing to loud( Drums need to be felt not heard).

Pv's dance routine was very long, but I do not agree that you should put your horn down for the whole dance routine (Tsu wins for musicianship"Playing while dancing".

Tsu does have the power to blow out any band that they come across(please beware), and Pv does have some nice arrangements.

Would someone please tell me why a band Pv's size need 6 drum majors or is a uniform thang, they dont seem to need that many. I'm from the Old School (1981-1985).

re: expertsems

Pv's dance routine was very long, but I do not agree that you should put your horn down for the whole dance routine (Tsu wins for musicianship"Playing while dancing".

PV does a 2 part dance routine--1 part playing and dancing, and 1 part with horns down. Get it straight. I never understood why people think that they exhibit more musicianship because they don't put their horns down. All you're doing is dancing with it in your hands. Where's the musicianship in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back