Texas Southern Tops SWAC Men’s Basketball Preseason Poll

We don't care for his coaching but his assistants (especially Burk) have taken on bigger roles. We will look to build on that undefeated regular season. Don't expect to see 5 seconds left up by 3 Brent (contract year).

Prairie View A&M's Daniels, Headline SWAC Men's Basketball Preseason Selections​

The Southwestern Athletic Conference announced its 2021-22 Preseason All-SWAC Men’s Basketball teams and individual award winners on Wednesday. The all-conference honors were voted on by the league’s coaches and sports information directors.

Prairie View A&M’s Jawaun Daniels was named Preseason Player of the Year.

Daniels ranked sixth in the league in points per game with a 15.2 ppg average. He also ranked ninth in rebounds per game (6.1), second in field goal percentage (.541), and eighth in three-point field goals per game (1.7).

Prairie View A&M's Daniels, Headline SWAC Men's Basketball Preseason Selections​

The Southwestern Athletic Conference announced its 2021-22 Preseason All-SWAC Men’s Basketball teams and individual award winners on Wednesday. The all-conference honors were voted on by the league’s coaches and sports information directors.

Daniels ranked sixth in the league in points per game with a 15.2 ppg average. He also ranked ninth in rebounds per game (6.1), second in field goal percentage (.541), and eighth in three-point field goals per game (1.7).

Jealousy and envy will hit the sTu fingertips in 4...3...2...1... lol

Mr Daniels will have a LOT of great supporting cast around him. :) PV is good (m-bball).

Don't be editing THEE out 🤣😂

I think it will come down to TSU and JSU. Winning is contagious at JSU right now. And of course our basketball program has always been top tier & just running the SWAC (love to see it!).

But I'm surprised to see Valley last especially considering they have the newest basketball arena in the SWAC which I would think make recruitment better.

Last edited:
I think this year SWAC race will be competitive a lot of talent across the schools. I got my eye on PV. Not much noise coming out of the hill makes you wonder…..

PRESEAON POLL
Sport Basketball GIF by NBA

Jealousy and envy will hit the sTu fingertips in 4...3...2...1... lol

Mr Daniels will have a LOT of great supporting cast around him. :) PV is good (m-bball).
It’s okay. We’ll have more than two make both All SWAC first and second teams by the end of the year. 😎

IMO, This is the 3rd highest sport to win OOC games for the conference. Will the SWAC have an allotment of wins by Jan 1? Until then, being predicted or even finishing #1 in the SWAC is just another play-in game or on the road NIT bashing.

IMO, This is the 3rd highest sport to win OOC games for the conference. Will the SWAC have an allotment of wins by Jan 1? Until then, being predicted or even finishing #1 in the SWAC is just another play-in game or on the road NIT bashing.

Would you say that Baseball is #1?

I think Karl Nicholas 6’9” F should have received preseason honors over Justin Hopkins from TSU. Hopkins might start at the shooting guard position, but he is not a scorer. Hopkins play on the court normally gets over looked be cause he does nothing exceptionally well. On the other hand every good team needs a Justin Hopkins. He defends like a beast. He rebounds, score at the rim, and can knock dow an open 3 pointer.

I think Karl Nicholas 6’9” F should have received preseason honors over Justin Hopkins from TSU. Hopkins might start at the shooting guard position, but he is not a scorer. Hopkins play on the court normally gets over looked be cause he does nothing exceptionally well. On the other hand every good team needs a Justin Hopkins. He defends like a beast. He rebounds, score at the rim, and can knock dow an open 3 pointer.
He’s like our Shane Battier. Glue guy. Leader. Does a little of everything.

I know Texas Southern is going to be tough to beat. I am interested in seeing their PG play since the transfer of Michael Weathers. I know PJ Henry out of Shadow Creek transferred in from Hartford.

I know Texas Southern is going to be tough to beat. I am interested in seeing their PG play since the transfer of Michael Weathers. I know PJ Henry out of Shadow Creek transferred in from Hartford.
Can PJ play? We have four kids who can run the point. PJ Henry transfer from Hartford. Bryson Etienne sat out last year to avoid Covid. Played with Southern’s G PJ Byrd in HS. AJ Lawson 6’5” transfer from McNeese. Jordon Gilliam 6’5” backup PG last year.

Last edited:
Back