Tetanus Shots

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
When was the last time you had one? I believe you're suppose to get them every 10 years or so. It had been years for me, so my doctor gave me one on yesterday, during my annual physical. Man, my arm is so sore, I can barely lift it.

When was the last time you had one? I believe you're suppose to get them every 10 years or so. It had been years for me, so my doctor gave me one on yesterday, during my annual physical. Man, my arm is so sore, I can barely lift it.

They don't give them to you in the butt any more? :lol: I had one about 4 years ago I think. :lol:

Hmmmm, now y'all ^^^^ got me wondering if I really got a shot at all.
About a month ago, I went in to my doctor. They asked when I last had
a tetanus shot and I said, "I think when I was in elementary school...seriously."
Anyway, she broke the news to me that it should be every 10 years. So, she
swabbed my arm, and as I was looking at the needle in preparation for the pain,
she disposed of everything and said "there you go". I am standing there looking like this...:xeye::retard:
because I did not feel a thing. I am really wondering if I got a shot at all.
I especially say that because the "pain" that she said that I would likely have,
never came any day that week.....::noidea:

Hmmmm, now y'all ^^^^ got me wondering if I really got a shot at all.
About a month ago, I went in to my doctor. They asked when I last had
a tetanus shot and I said, "I think when I was in elementary school...seriously."
Anyway, she broke the news to me that it should be every 10 years. So, she
swabbed my arm, and as I was looking at the needle in preparation for the pain,
she disposed of everything and said "there you go". I am standing there looking like this...:xeye::retard:
because I did not feel a thing. I am really wondering if I got a shot at all.
I especially say that because the "pain" that she said that I would likely have,
never came any day that week.....::noidea:
If your arm wasn't sore afterwards, you didn't get no tetanus shot. She must have done it so fast the medicine didn't even go through. :lol:

My arm is STILL sore today. :shame:

If your arm wasn't sore afterwards, you didn't get no tetanus shot. She must have done it so fast the medicine didn't even go through. :lol:

It varies from person to person, as each person's body will react differently to the vaccine, or whether or not the nurse hit a nerve when giving the shot. Some people only get slightly sore, some people get severely sore for days or even a week or longer, and some people have little to no reaction at all. I've never had any soreness after a tetanus shot.

I thought I posted this but I can't find it, so here goes.

About the only way to get tetanus in this country is by cutting oneself on rusty metal and then having that cut infected with animal feces. In short, the only people who need tetanus shots are farmers and farm workers.

I thought I posted this but I can't find it, so here goes.

About the only way to get tetanus in this country is by cutting oneself on rusty metal and then having that cut infected with animal feces. In short, the only people who need tetanus shots are farmers and farm workers.

That's not entirely accurate, the tetanus bacterium can exist in any environment lacking oxygen, and only a small cut or burn is sufficient to allow infection. But the incidence of tetanus is rare in the U.S., in part due to immunizations. I do agree that certain persons, such as farmers, firefighters, and construction workers, are at greater risk for infection.

Not true. My tetanus shot didn't hurt either. And we are sure the vaccine went it.

Not true. My tetanus shot didn't hurt either. And we are sure the vaccine went it.

Tetanus shots are routinely recommended every 10 years, if you step on a rusty nail or something of the sort it's recommended that if you hadn't had a tetanus shot in 5 years then you get another one.

I had my last tetanus shot in 2004. The trick is to make sure you keep that arm moving to keep from becoming stiff. Sometimes taking an aleve/extra strength tylenol will help too.

I've been told that I give great shots, so no... a tetanus shot doesn't necessarily have to hurt.

Sincerely
R. Williams, RN :swink:

That's not entirely accurate, the tetanus bacterium can exist in any environment lacking oxygen, and only a small cut or burn is sufficient to allow infection. But the incidence of tetanus is rare in the U.S., in part due to immunizations. I do agree that certain persons, such as farmers, firefighters, and construction workers, are at greater risk for infection.
yes, I know...I was just making fun at you...I know everyone's reactions are different.

I had one when I was 25. I remember when I had to take a lot of shots before going to college. Then, I had to turn in a copy of my shot record.

Back