Terrorism..............My Life Extended

Dr. Sweet NUPE

Well, what happened today is something that we predicted when I worked in Virginia at the Pentagon. A friend of mine's lost her husband today. They were just married 2 years ago and have a 4 month old baby together.

As I sat here this morning I immediately thought about my sister who lives in Manhatten. She's ok but there are so many people who lost someone today.

I wonder how far would someone go to stop a terrorist. Would you be willing to give up your life? I ask that question because the plane that crashed into the Pentagon today the terrorist were armed with knives. Knives. I ask the men on the SWACPage would you try to stop a terrorist who is armed with a knife?

As I humbly type this I think about my life. I worked in the Army's corridor. I use to watch the helicopters land daily. I know some of the people I use to take for granted are in fact dead. This hits close to home because I walked through the new corridor for almost 6 months and never thought that anything could happen.

Well, God took me away from working in Defense and placed me in Arkansas to get my Ph.D. I use to wonder why...........now I know.

Peace........

Sorry to hear about your personal loss...God Strengthen you during this difficult time. My prayers to your friend and all who lost loved ones!

W/out hesitation and w/out reservation...

My wife (flight attendant for United) lost a friend in that 2nd plane that was Dulles based w/ her. :(

Our prayers are w/ the victims and their families.

Retaliation is mandatory and I say..... Nuke'em. :mad:

If a terriorist only had a knife, he would have to stab my ass. I figure if its 70 of us on this plane he cant stab us all. But they didnt know they were about to fly into a building... if so im sure they all would have done something.

Sweet...

I'm sorry for your loss. I pray that God gives you strength and that he keeps your sister safe.

Pison,

I'm sorry for your wife losing a friend in that plane...My God... I only pray that God strengthens us and protects us...

This is all so tragic. On the labor day weekend, I flew out of Dulles for my return to Baton Rouge. Had these sickos decided to do this on the busy Labor Day weekend, I might have very well been one of the unfortunate victims of a highjacking.

Who knows how we would react! As was mentioned, maybe the passengers did not realize that the planes were gonna be used in a kamikaze attack of these buildings. The passengers probably felt that the best thing was to remain calm and allow negotiators to handle the situation.

At this point, all we can do for now is pray. I know we are angry and want to retalilate...I definitely do. But we must guard our anger so that our rage will not be misquided. I don't want hatred to rule, but I do want justice to prevail. The guilty ones and all those who assist/harbor them should be held accountable and punished!

Look to the Hills....

...from which cometh my help & strength.

Keep your head up Sweets....I'm praying for you.

:heart:

Yes Sweets, God is not through with you yet. He still has plans for you and all of the survivors to carry out. It is up to each individual to show God how grateful and thankful they are for sparing their lives.

We may never know why he allow certain things, but He is God and we must obey and keep the faith in Him.

Back