SWAC TV Schedule

Re: TV schedule.......................

No and I'm tired of calling MBC to get the information. They never return your call. I can't believe that with less than two weeks before the first game that they do not know which ones they are going to air.

thedesr said:
No and I'm tired of calling MBC to get the information. They never return your call. I can't believe that with less than two weeks before the first game that they do not know which ones they are going to air.

Doesn't suprise me at all. I can't wait to see those taped delayed games that I already know the score to anyway.

They tried to do too much. They should have just aired the MEAC and SWAC games only. To me, it was mistake for them to try get all the HBCU conferences on the air with limited amount of ad revenue.

CurtDog 1971 said:
Doesn't suprise me at all. I can't wait to see those taped delayed games that I already know the score to anyway.

Plus you need a hearing aid to be able to hear the audio! :shame:

Wow, the season starts in less than two weeks and there is still no TV schedule.

BET's 2004 BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

http://www.bet.com/articles/0,,gb-11424,00.html

BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL
Corporate Communications

SHOW SCHEDULE: Saturdays 7:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
SERIES HISTORY: First premiered Fall 1982 and is now in its 23rd season.

The hard-hitting action and traditional rivalries of Black college football teams are as majestic as the schools? colorful and competitive marching bands. Athletic prowess at its best and glorious musical halftime performances (?Battles of the Bands?) are included as BET kicks off its 23rd season of Black College Football classic games.

2004 BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Southern Heritage Classic: Jackson State vs. Tennessee State
Saturday, September 18, 2004
7:00-10:30P (Live)
Urban League Classic: Hampton University vs. Morgan State
Saturday, September 25, 2004
7:00-10:30P
Circle City Classic: South Carolina State vs. Tennessee State
Saturday, October 2, 2004
Big Easy Classic : Jackson State vs. Southern University
Saturday, October 16, 2004
MagicCity Classic: Alabama State vs. Alabama A&M
Saturday, October 30, 2004

MEDIA CONTACT:
Tosha Whitten-Griggs
BET Corporate Communications
(818) 655-6712
tosha.whitten-griggs@bet.net

With the exception of the Hampton vs Morgan game, I think this is a good lineup. JSU-Alcorn should have been on the list.

I normally wouldn't care about these cats, but how do they not have Grambling on their schedule for at least one game? I'm not sure when this game is, but the Gram/BC game could have been a good one.

SU Jag 79 said:
I normally wouldn't care about these cats, but how do they not have Grambling on their schedule for at least one game? I'm not sure when this game is, but the Gram/BC game could have been a good one.

I think the Gram/BCC game is on anothther T.V. station that carries a I-AA game of the week.

JROCK said:
I think the Gram/BCC game is on anothther T.V. station that carries a I-AA game of the week.
That is correct. That game is on CSTV.

No SIAC or CIAA games??? I can't believe it!!! :tdown: :slap: :argue: :upset: :uzi: :smash: :flamethro
We need to :bump: some of the games that are listed.

I was reading the Chronicle today and I see Fox Sports SW will televise 2 SWAC games..PV and GSU and Alcorn and Jackson State..

I guess MBC will wait until November to announce :rolleyes:

ESPN and ESPN 2 has a lot of TBAs

Butch Wms. said:
No SIAC or CIAA games??? I can't believe it!!! :tdown: :slap: :argue: :upset: :uzi: :smash: :flamethro
We need to :bump: some of the games that are listed.
BET like to televise games that are played in large venues. Just take a look at their schedule.

that's a typical BET schedule....only options left are ESPN and maybe MBC...but it's ONLY the week of the game :rolleyes:

Games that should have been added on that list.

Alcorn vs. Grambling
Alcorn vs. Southern
Capital City Classic
Magic City Classic

MBC wouldn't have to cut the amount of games they air only if they aired more interesting games.

Alcorn is good and it is now their time to shine. Can Prairie View ever be in the media without having negative publicity that not only hurts your school, but the SWAC image and other HBCUs? If PV comes up, yall might get (positive) T.V. exposure, but don't hate on other schools that are better recognised than yall.

tierre said:
Games that should have been added on that list.

Magic City Classic

MBC wouldn't have to cut the amount of games they air only if they aired more interesting games.

Magic City Classic is on BET's list.

MagicCity Classic: Alabama State vs. Alabama A&M
Saturday, October 30, 2004
7:00-10:30P (tape delay)

Taylor-Made'90 said:
Why is BET calling the JSU/SU game, the Big Easy Classic????

That game's not a Classic....

:slap:

Marketing dude.... marketing!! They are working those PWC grads in their marketing dept. :cool:

The SU/Jsu game is the Big Easy Classic when its played in NO only, the Big Easy name is owned by Southern the SU/Tulane game was the first BE Classic.

Back