SWAC Tournament

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Robber
Them seeds ain't right, fiyah. JSU is headed to Houston to play TSU.

It's corrected, I didn't recheck the tie breaker for them.

SWAC TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND PAIRINGS / TIMES

http://www.swac.org/02-03/basketball/trnpair0309.htm

Tuesday, March 11, 2003
(Top Four Seeds Host)
All times CST

Men Bracket
#1 Prairie View (14-4, 16-11) #8 Southern (5-13, 9-190 7:00p
#2 Miss. Valley State (13-5, 14-13) #7 Grambling State (9-9, 12-17) 7:00p
#3 Texas Southern (11-7, 15-12) #6 Jackson State (9-9, 10-17) 7:00p
#4 Alabama State (11-7, 14-14) #5 Alcorn State (10-8, 12-18) 8:00p

Women Bracket
#1 Alabama State (15-3, 17-10) #8 Miss. Valley State (4-14, 9-18) 6:00p
#2 Jackson State (15-3, 22-5)) #7 Alabama A&M (5-13, 10-17) 7:00p
#3 Grambling State (14-4, 18-9) #6 Prairie View A&M (7-11, 9-15) 7:00p
#4 Southern (13-5, 17-7) #5 Alcorn State (11-7, 17-11) 7:00p

What do you'll think about the format of the SWAC Tournament?
Should all ten SWAC schools play in Birmingham and not campus sites?

EXCUSE WHILE I BORROW tigerprides LOGIC...

IT WAS GOOD FOR GSU TO LOSE TO BAMA ST. ON PURPOSE SO WE CAN GO TO VALLEY AND BEAT THEM FOR THE 3RD TIME THIS SEASON. GREAT CALL COACH WRIGHT :shh:

Mach, if I had to choose ANY team NOT to play at home during this tourney, it would be Valley. Good luck to ya 'cause you gonna need it.

My predictions for the teams making it to Bham

1. PV over SU --no explanation needed
2. Valley is going to beat the ish out of Gram
3. JSU over a slowly fading TxSo-JSU definitely has the momemtum right now
4. Alcorn over Alabama State --This one is probably the hardest to call because these two teams keep going up and down. Alcorn has more momentum right now.

I look for a PV-Valley final and in my opinon....ain't no stopping Valley.

For the girls, the only good teams are the top 4 seeds (although the Southern-Alcorn game should be a good one)

Final will be JSU vs Grambling

Machiavelli,

Whether y'all lost on purpose is no concern of mine, but thanks for losing. I didn't want us to go to Valley.

TSU, we coming to H-Town to wreck shop.

We can't wait to get Grambling in there Tuesday night!!! It's going to be Hell right in the VALLEY!!!!

TP's logic is the same as usual. We swept Valley this season with the last win being at Valley where we won 99-92. I realize it's good to beat a good team 3 times, but perhaps we've got Valley's number. Both teams play the same style, but we just matchup up well against them.

Will the champioNship game be televised on ESPN?

Oh btw, UAPB will definitely be in the tournament next year. :D

Originally posted by MikeBigg
TP's logic is the same as usual. We swept Valley this season with the last win being at Valley where we won 99-92. I realize it's good to beat a good team 3 times, but perhaps we've got Valley's number. Both teams play the same style, but we just matchup up well against them.

IT'S FOLK OUT THERE THAT STILL THINK WE LOST TO VALLEY. :smh: ONE OF THE FEW TEAMS TO HAVE SWEPT THEM.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Tigerpride

JSU over a slowly fading TxSo-JSU definitely has the momemtum right now

Jackson is on the same two game winning streak that we are riding. How does Jackson have momentum than us? Besides, Jackson is playing us in our gym.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
4. Alcorn over Alabama State --This one is probably the hardest to call because these two teams keep going up and down. Alcorn has more momentum right now.
With homecourt advantage on the line, Alcorn lost Saturday.
With homecourt advantage on the line, Alabama State won Saturday.

I know you want Alcorn to win, but maybe you need to come up with something better than that.

Or then again, maybe you just don't know the meaning of momentum.

:lol::lol::lol:

UPSET TUESDAY

DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE THAT THIS WON'T HAPPEN. BY THE WAY, ALCORN, JSU, GRAMBLING AND SOUTHERN IN THE HAM THIS WEEKEND WITH THE BRAVES GOING TO THE BIG DANCE. PVU "CONGRATUATION" ON THE REGULAR SEASON CROWN BUT BEING A BRAVES FAN FOR ALL OF MY LIFE, THE REGULAR SEASON IS ALL RIGHT BUT YOU WANT TO WIN THE SWAC TOURNEY AND GO DANCING. 25 WIN WON'T GET THE SWAC THERE UNLESS YOU WIN THE TOURNEY SO DON'T LOOK PASS SOUTHERN. OH' TO ALABAMA STATE, YOU NEED TO PREPARE FOR OUR RETURNING LEADING SCORER AND BIG MAN 6'11 LEE COOK. HE HAS REJOINED THE TEAM.:ebrow:

JUST KIDDING ABOUT COOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T BE SCARRRRRRRRRRRRED!!!

Damn. Not you too JROCK.

Bruh... :shame:

I used to put you on a pedestal mayne. And now look atcha'... :shame: Lawd... :smh:

Back