Swac Schools Future Out of Conference Football Games - 2

Swac-Meac Challenge added for 2022, 2023 & 2024

At some point, Valley, UAPB and AAMU are gonna have to get in/back in the rotation for this game (Valley's last appearance was in 2013 coming in after losing a lot on offense)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
At some point, Valley, UAPB and AAMU are gonna have to get in/back in the rotation for this game (Valley's last appearance was in 2013 coming in after losing a lot on offense)
It all boils down to which schools will sale the most tickets and put the most fans in the stands. In the end, its a business.

Dang. the Corn has several years before a big Pay Day game. Hopefully the AD department have some good financial people.

Wait!!! Wtf?!?!?!?? How did you all come up with this schedule for the next 7-8 years? It usually take SWAC schools up until 3-6 months before football season start to do their non-confeerence schedule. You all are making us look baaaaaadddddd!!!!!
SWAC has a 8-10 year master schedule . Huge difference from the previous leadership.

**Update

But for Fresno State there are benefits beyond the football game, which is scheduled for Sept. 13, 2025.

It will pay Southern a $550,000 guarantee, according to athletics department sources familiar with the game contract, which is more than its usual payout for a FCS opponent.

The Bulldogs this season will pay Cal Poly $390,000 for a Sept. 11 game, and in the past has paid Abilene Christian $350,000, Incarnate Word $375,000 and was going to pay Idaho State $350,000 last season before the game was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Read more here: https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/co...u_vy0hUlK0h-iyaug0YgS3cHnLgP0f8#storylink=cpy

Man, our OOC still looks to be jacked up. Why can't we have our OOC schedule planned through 2028 or beyond? SMH

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Man, our OOC still looks to be jacked up. Why can't we have our OOC schedule planned through 2028 or beyond? SMH

Especially when you have to look for 2 games a year since you have TnSt every year. You can get a FBS money game and a FCS game with a school. do a home and home with a FCS opponent and you can really fill your schedule out.

So we can't play in the challenge anymore. How we go this many upcoming years and I don't see PV anywhere?

Come on, we just played in it a few years ago. There are some schools that have never played in it. It'll be much better with it being in Week 0 so it won't change any Labor Day weekend games for schools that normally play a regular opponent on that weekend.

Come on, we just played in it a few years ago. There are some schools that have never played in it. It'll be much better with it being in Week 0 so it won't change any Labor Day weekend games for schools that normally play a regular opponent on that weekend.

Besides TSU, what other SWAC schools haven't played in the Challenge? Personally, I think PV should only go to the Challenge on the years that TSU is scheduled to host the LDC. I'm over this game though. It was cool going to Orlando. I didn't go to the ATL one.

Is there a system for determining what teams are chosen for participation? I know SU played SCSU about 5 years go in Baton rouge and now we are up again in 2025. I don't recall TXSU, MVSU, or UAPB participating in the Challange.

SWAC has only 4 wins in the 16-year existence of the SWAC-MEAC Challenge, with Southern Jaguars claiming 3 of those 4 wins.

Is there a system for determining what teams are chosen for participation? I know SU played SCSU about 5 years go in Baton rouge and now we are up again in 2025. I don't recall TXSU, MVSU, or UAPB participating in the Challange.

We participated in 2013 so we were due to get back in the rotation at some point soon but came in and got jumped by FAMU (who oddly was the MEAC team we played)

Might as well be the SWAC/MEAC Invitational because we know who the SWAC wants in it and who they dont

Speaking of getting back in the rotation, Delta State gets back on our schedule in 2022 and 2023. I can almost guarandamntee that one will be in Jackson since JSU plays them in Jackson this year as part of their weekend. Our incompetent AD can't raise money so she'll probably either sell one of those games to Jackson or even let us go to Cleveland to play them at home. I'm not even shocked at stuff that goes on from that office anymore

Speaking of getting back in the rotation, Delta State gets back on our schedule in 2022 and 2023. I can almost guarandamntee that one will be in Jackson since JSU plays them in Jackson this year as part of their weekend. Our incompetent AD can't raise money so she'll probably either sell one of those games to Jackson or even let us go to Cleveland to play them at home. I'm not even shocked at stuff that goes on from that office anymore
She won’t be there much longer!

Back