SWAC losing its best Coach

I really wouldn't look at this a bad thing I look at it as an endorsement for the SWAC to have someone in that position. Maybe we can parlay that into a deeper relationship with Major League Baseball that will benefit us. Particularly financially.

We appreciate all that coach Jackson has done for Southern University, and we wish him well in his future endeavors. SU did make a counter offer when apprised of the MLB offer, but obviously could not compete. Since he will be in charge of preparatory baseball, perhaps he can do more for SU and other hbcus than he could have done otherwise. Perhaps players such as SU's Hampton Hudson, who coach Jackson was so high on, will find a friendly eye in the majors.

I have said I am 6'2" 215lbs and 30 years old....that ain't true either.

Robertson is hands down - he took a horrible program at PV and within 3 years PV was taking the SU recruits and won 2 titles. Should’ve won 4 straight titles but was in 4 straight title games

Goes to TSU and basically reinvents himself and look at his results.

And at both places he never had the luxuries of shiny new things.

Omar and Bama State is right there but Omar has been there longer and worked himself up to where they are always a contender

SU is a place if you can’t win than something is wrong but Jackson did well

Robertson is hands down - he took a horrible program at PV and within 3 years PV was taking the SU recruits and won 2 titles. Should’ve won 4 straight titles but was in 4 straight title games

Omar and Bama State is right there but Omar has been there longer and worked himself up to where they are always a contender

You have no clue what coach Jackson was doing. Huge loss for the BR community.

All after coming from the high school ranks where he took a baseball team predominately made up of urban black youth with a 31-7 record to the state semi-finals. A feat that never had been accomplished since integration, and until this day has never been repeated.

Last edited:
Back