Swac Leaves Snitches In Place.......

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
CARTER GRADUATES FROM NCAA LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
August 13, 2002
Patrick Carter, associate commissioner of the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC), recently graduated from the NCAA Leadership Institute for Ethnic Minority Males. Carter was one of twenty members of the Charter Class of the Institute.
Details

YOU THINK AFTER THE RUDY WASHINGTON SEGA THAT OUR PRESIDENTS WOULD LEARN....BUT HERE THEY ARE AGAIN WITH THE SAME OLD SCHOOL POLITIC.
DON'T YOU THINK THAT THE INCOMING COMMISH NEED TO HIRE HIS/HER ON STAFF????DUH!!!

IF I WERE HIM I WOULD CLEAN HOUSE

I KNOW I WOULDN'T KEEP ANY OF THAT OLD STAFF... JUST A BUNCH OF SCREW UPS IN THAT SWAC OFFICE

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
IT IS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT.
WELL GRACE US WITH YOUR ALL BUT UNTAINTED WISDOM O GREAT ONE....AND STOP SOUNDING LIKE A DAMN SOUND BITE

Originally posted by bluedog
CARTER GRADUATES FROM NCAA LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
August 13, 2002
Patrick Carter, associate commissioner of the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC), recently graduated from the NCAA Leadership Institute for Ethnic Minority Males. Carter was one of twenty members of the Charter Class of the Institute.
Details

YOU THINK AFTER THE RUDY WASHINGTON SEGA THAT OUR PRESIDENTS WOULD LEARN....BUT HERE THEY ARE AGAIN WITH THE SAME OLD SCHOOL POLITIC.
DON'T YOU THINK THAT THE INCOMING COMMISH NEED TO HIRE HIS/HER ON STAFF????DUH!!!

WHAT IN NEMESIS BATES ARE YOUR BASING YOUR LOGIC ON !!! SO ONE ONE THAT WORKED FOR RUDY CAN DO A JOB AND HAS TO BE SHADY...

What is the big problem with allowing a new staff to be picked?

AGAIN GUYS THIS IS THE ????DON'T YOU THINK THAT THE INCOMING COMMISH NEED TO HIRE HIS/HER ON STAFF????DUH!!!
...AND THAT'S ALL IM ASKING.
YOU CAN'T TELL ME IF ONE OF YOU WERE TO BECOME THE COACH AT DEAR OLE GRAM THAT YOU WOULD'NT QUESTION WHY YOU CAN'T HIRE YOUR OWN STAFF.
CASEM TRIED THAT WITH PETE WHEN HE GOT HIRE AND PETE HAD ENOUGH SENSE TO KNOW WHAT TIME OF DAY IT WAS.
BUT GLAD YOU WENT A LITTLE FARTHER THEN A SOUNDBITE MAC,YOU MY DOG NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT YOU AND DEAR OLE GRAM
:fart:

WHEN HE COMES, IF HE HAS THE AUTHORITY..."TO THE VICTOR GOES THE SPOILS"

Finally .....Thats was just my point .......
<font color=red><font size=25>IF???</font>

I totally agree with Bluedog. You need people around you with the same goals as you. This is just like politics. Why would a R-President want to work with majority Democrats. It's a hinderance to the person at the top. He should be able to hire his own staff and bring with him who he wants. This is probably just a case of the SWAC knowing that if they get someone in office with a little sense, that he might tell them that they are running things arse backwards. This way, they can run things arse backwards as usual.

my question is that why is Frank trying to become so active all of a sudden. A new commish should be named or narrowed down by tomorrow.

Is there a TV contract in place?

P. CARTER HAS PAID HIS DUES AND PROVEN HIS WORTH. I THINK HE IS JUST TOO YOUNG FOR THE PRESIDENTS TASTES. I AM SURE HIS RAISE IS STATUS WAS APPROVED BY THE PRESIDENTS.

P. CARTER HAS PAID HIS DUES AND PROVEN HIS WORTH. I THINK HE IS JUST TOO YOUNG FOR THE PRESIDENTS TASTES. I AM SURE HIS RAISE IS STATUS WAS APPROVED BY THE PRESIDENTS.

BOY THAT SAYS ALOT:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am not questioning his qualifications. I just think that a Commish should be able to appoint his staff like President appoints his Cabinet. These University Presidents understand this. A lot of University Presidents even appoint their own staff.

OK, I am lost here...P. Carter has been with the SWAC for a while now...what are you guys talking about?

Originally posted by Tigerpride

I am not questioning his qualifications. I just think that a Commish should be able to appoint his staff like President appoints his Cabinet. These University Presidents understand this. A lot of University Presidents even appoint their own staff.

DO YOU THINK P. CARTER GOT THE APPOINTMENT WITHOUT THE PRESIDENTS APPROVAL? NO. THEY ARE AWARE AND GAVE THE BLESSING FOR THE MOVE. SOME SWAC STAFF WILL STAY IN PLACE. IT IS TOO LATE EVEN IF THE COMMISH IS HIRED TODAY FOR THIS STAFF HIRING. SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN AROUND WILL HAVE TO BEEN A STABILIZING INFLUENCE. I IMAGINE IF ALL AN NEW STAFF WAS HIRED DURING FOOTBALL SEASON...

ok, I know I'm beating a dead horse and some of you have already made these comments, but I have to add my two cents anyway. Just because the old staff was there during Rudy's days, doesn't mean they can't do the job.

I do understand some of the points some of you guys made... that most folks want their own staff and that makes sense, to a certain extent. But maybe Bluedog should have said that the first time. Don't put the brotha down if you don't know him and what's he capable of doing. His graduation from the Leadership Institute was a huge accomplishment. Maybe you should give him his props first before you complain. Besides, Patrick has been there a while and he deserved to be promoted.

Don't forget that in most situations, the underlings have no control over what the top dogs do. At the end of the day, the commissioner, and ultimately the presidents, are the ones making the decisions

Pat already works with the SWAC...he graduated from Grambling...plus he's from the town of Grambling? So what makes him a snitch? I'm not understanding? Maybe you aren't understanding. HHHHMMMMMMMM

Originally posted by bluedog
AGAIN GUYS THIS IS THE ????DON'T YOU THINK THAT THE INCOMING COMMISH NEED TO HIRE HIS/HER ON STAFF????DUH!!!
...AND THAT'S ALL IM ASKING.
YOU CAN'T TELL ME IF ONE OF YOU WERE TO BECOME THE COACH AT DEAR OLE GRAM THAT YOU WOULD'NT QUESTION WHY YOU CAN'T HIRE YOUR OWN STAFF.
CASEM TRIED THAT WITH PETE WHEN HE GOT HIRE AND PETE HAD ENOUGH SENSE TO KNOW WHAT TIME OF DAY IT WAS.
BUT GLAD YOU WENT A LITTLE FARTHER THEN A SOUNDBITE MAC,YOU MY DOG NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT YOU AND DEAR OLE GRAM
:fart:

Maybe the title of the post is wrong but we all have our opinions. We are talking about continuity but (and I think I asked this already......so Mach think for second okay) how are they finding time to convene on hiring and making promotions but they are two months behind on naming a Commish? This makes what they are doing look even more odd and makes it appear that they are trying to make sure that whoever the Commish is does not really have any power or influence.

I am not saying that the guy did not deserve the position but I just think that if he was worthy, they should have made the recommendation to the new Commish not just hire him. I know that most of you follow what I am saying. Even Head coaches are allowed to bring in their own staff. I know that sometiime the administration mandates that someone stays but is that fair to the HC. What if that HC wants to bring in his own OC or DC?? What if the one "they" put in place fails him? Who does the blame fall upon. If this new commish fails us, will it be his fault or the fault of those surrounding him?

FIRST OF ALL....

....NO THE TITLE ISN'T WRONG IT SAYS JUST WHAT I WANT IT TOO.
SECONDLY I NEVER ONCE QUESTION HIS QUALIFICATIONS I REALLY DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIM EXCEPT WHAT I READ.
THIRDLY THATS PROBABLY WHY OLE G AND MAC RUN TO DEFEND HIM FOR SOME BLIND ALUM REASONS.
FOURTH YOUR RIGHT YOU DON'T GET IT...WHY I DON'T KNOW ITS A SIMPLE ? SHOULDN'T THE COMMISH BE HIRING HIS\HER OWN STAFF..PERIOD.
TO SAY THAT HE OR ANYONE GOT THE BLESSINGS OF THE PRESIDENTS:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: COME ON GIVE ME A BREAK SO DID RUDY REMEMBER AS FAR AS THAT GOES SO THAT HOLD ABOUT AS MUCH WEIGHT AS SCOTTIE ANDERSON.
THE OTHER PART YOU DIDN'T GET WAS THE TITLE DESIGN TO STIR INTEREST OR WERE YOU GUYS SKIPPING CLASS WHEN THAT WAS TAUGHT.

hayesLR.jpg

Back