Swac Football Media Day - Day 1 Spring 2021

Wonder would the SWAC bring back the preseason coaches' caravan they used to do back in the day?

Selfishly, I just wanna see Maynor and Sanders talk trash in the same place at the same time @TvSportsGuy21
I would love to see the SWAC Caravan back in action.. Especially to hear Maynor and Deion Sanders go back and forth. Good lord that would be a must see.

Funny thing is that at the 2019 SWAC Media Day, we had a reporters session with the Commissioner and the conference's SIDs. James Verrett actually brought that idea up as something that we could do in the future. But many others weren't on board.

different breed of coaches now plus this COVID thing is going to scare folks from taking too many trips - especially in large groups where folks aren't coming from the same situation.

Just have an in-person media day in 2021 that's socially distanced - let that be the goal

Wonder would the SWAC bring back the preseason coaches' caravan they used to do back in the day?

Selfishly, I just wanna see Maynor and Sanders talk trash in the same place at the same time @TvSportsGuy21

Sorry but those caravans arn't coming back. Too easy to have everyone on one place where the media can interview coaches, players & AD's all at one time. Radio Row is too much of a success to do this in lieu of taking coaches on the road to places where you won't get the turnout to suffice it.

US Space Command HQ is moving to Huntsville.The Swac media day can be held on the moon now lol...McClelland can get it done with the great job he's doing with the conference!

You should not scare them that way. They still swear that Jackson is a more dynamic city than Huntsville. Just like those who voted to deny certification to Biden in the belief that Trump will still be in office come January 20. Lol!!!

The New College Hustle:

Reporter said:
What's the vibe you're getting from parents about recruits looking at Jackson State?

Coach Prime said:
"Well, I don't know if it's the vibe of the country or the vibe that we've created here. I think they might coincide with one another. We're not thankful that our country is in uproar in some aspects but it has provoked people to look at home and say 'You know what, I might as well stay at the crib instead of go elsewhere.'

But you've got to be on your game when they make that attempt. Your coaching staff, your academic staff, all the staffs combined have to be on point when they do that.

Let me tell y'all the new hustle, man. Y'all are going to make me get naked and transparent on this Zoom call. Here's the new hustle: Guys can opt out. Guys can transfer. And kids can do all of that. But what they're doing to kids when they do, they're penalizing them so much academically.

Say for instance a kid has 40 hours. If he chooses to transfer here or elsewhere, those credits may not add up. Now he has to transfer somewhere and now he's down to 25 hours. That's the way you keep a kid in your institution. That's something that you guys need to point out, you guys need to make note of because that's the new college hustle. To keep a kid from opting out or transferring, that's what they're doing.

So we've got our academic people behind the curtains, you're trying to turn water into wine because they're making it so tough for these young kids to transfer. You've got some kids right on the verge of graduating, but if I go there that's best-suited for me to go to the next level I'm going to lose 25 credit hours? Hmm, I don't know if I want to do that.

That's the new hustle. Do your homework. Think about what I just articulated. Factor it in. Do some work in regarding and you'll see what I'm talking about. That's the new college hustle. That's very unfortunate for the kids. It's not good for the kids. "

The New College Hustle:

Kids losing credits been happening for years - everyone knows plenty of l FBS majors ain’t on par when you try to come to HBCUs

You should not scare them that way. They still swear that Jackson is a more dynamic city than Huntsville. Just like those who voted to deny certification to Biden in the belief that Trump will still be in office come January 20. Lol!!!

Half those jokers live in ridgeland or Madison county anyway trying to get a resemblance of a suburban life of a big city - they ain’t living in jackson

Back