SWAC Football Championship & 8-game slate made official.

TvSportsGuy21

The SWAC made changes with the football Championship game and 8 game conference slate official at their spring meetings. Check out the full story for details!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What? Somebody listened to us @Fiyah

But will they do our model for scheduling with 1 team rotating on and off from the other division each year, where you ony miss playing a school once every 5 years. Each school will have 4 home and 4 away conference games each season. I hope they fix the PV-su/stu game also. Su should only come to Tx once per season and not twice the way it is now every other year.

But will they do our model for scheduling with 1 team rotating on and off from the other division each year, where you ony miss playing a school once every 5 years. Each school will have 4 home and 4 away conference games each season. I hope they fix the PV-su/stu game also. Su should only come to Tx once per season and not twice the way it is now every other year.

There in lies the rub. Our model is the simplest to follow. It also provides balanced scheduling for schools. And yes, the schedule has to be fair to cut down on travel expenses as much as possible (ex. PV only going to AAMU while hosting Alabama State)

We only come once a year unless it is a situation like this State Fair Showdown. Last year it was our home game. This year it is TSU's.

I always thought PV and TSU rotate SU and GSU. I’ve never seen both in Houston the game was moved or they play another Texas school.

We only come once a year unless it is a situation like this State Fair Showdown. Last year it was our home game. This year it is TSU's.

Look at who the Home team is for those games and you will see Su has been the home team in odd years and the Texas schools has hosted Su in even years. You host PV in Baton Rouge and host stu in Dallas this year.

I always thought PV and TSU rotate SU and GSU. I’ve never seen both in Houston the game was moved or they play another Texas school.

At one time it was but I'm not sure when it got switched but it was. It may have started when they went to the 7 game mandate.

Look at who the Home team is for those games and you will see Su has been the home team in odd years and the Texas schools has hosted Su in even years. You host PV in Baton Rouge and host stu in Dallas this year.
We definitely are not the home team this year. We were home last year and the tickets to the game showed it. We wore home jerseys as well.

We definitely are not the home team this year. We were home last year and the tickets to the game showed it. We wore home jerseys as well.

I was thinking of the LDC and when PV/stu hosted both teams and was the home team for those 2 games. That's what I want to get flip/flopped.

I’m glad they left championship game on the campus of highest seeded team. Imagine if GSU was the highest seeded team this year with the 100th birthday celebration of Coach Rob!

8 games is a bad idea. Cant see how anyone thinking that a compromise from the two better ideas is a good idea. Its stupid. Why play 8 games? You may as well play all 9. We going thru ALL this rotation, etc for ONE game to fall off? Black people sure know how to make things complicated. CLEARLY, either 7 or 9 games were the best solution. Where you even get 8 from? Oh yeah, the two logical routes didnt work so we will do something that makes absolutely no sense. Gotta love the SWAC!

If we’re going to continue giving the highest seeded team the chance to host the SWAC Championship then might as well get rid of divisions and do like the Big 12.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I am just glad we have at least 3 non conference games..... I really never liked playing Valley every year (9 game mandate). 7 or 8 required is fine with me.........

Last edited:
I’m glad they left championship game on the campus of highest seeded team. Imagine if GSU was the highest seeded team this year with the 100th birthday celebration of Coach Rob!

giphy.gif

I am just glad we have at least 3 non conference games..... I really never liked playing Valley every year (9 game mandate). 7 or 8 required is fine with me.........

uum with 8, you STILL gonna play them 7 straight years... LOL Skip a year and they back on...

When you had a 7 game format, two teams rolled off for two years.

After all these years, yall gonna act like you dont know what a BLACK BAMA is? smh

Also, the Southland aint really better than the SWAC. They might have one team thats consistently better I guess and Nichols is off life support so thats good for the Southland.. but overall, they booty!

If we’re going to continue giving the highest seeded team the chance to host the SWAC Championship then might as well get rid of divisions and do like the Big 12.

The Big 12 lost teams and that’s why they got rid of divisions. And now they play at a neutral site for the conference title game.

uum with 8, you STILL gonna play them 7 straight years... LOL Skip a year and they back on...

I don't think that's right assuming the East/West format will remain in place....You can't get 7 years straight then skip 1 year and back on if 5 teams are revolving........

Last edited:

That's only for the 2019 season. I think they will be looking for a neutral place starting in 2020.

For the 4 years they have had the 7 game rotation, they never roll anyone off or back on during that time frame.

Trust me the feeling is mutual the way your fans travel (and your band doesn't) to Valley it shows. AAMU brings more fans and they are farther away

That's whenever any SU fans say they take over opposing fans stadiums, that is a flat out lie considering that I've been to just about all the games at Valley involving Southern and you will see maybe 2 RVs and enough fans to fit to fit on 2 charter buses

I am cool with the 8 game mandate as long as it is balanced (as some have said, have PV travel to AAMU but play ASU at home)

They still need to address SWAC schools playing each other as OOC opponents thing because we know what's gonna happen if it is not addressed and the GSU/SU/JSU/Alcorn combo don't wanna roll off each other's schedule

Last edited:
Back