SWAC Commiss forcing Gram to Houston for BOTB?

Neither did some other schools, but it wasn't being pushed the way it is this year.

PV and Texas Southern weren't there either if memory serves me correctly...

Only Alabama State, Alabama A&M, Alcorn, Valley and UAPB showed up outside of the bands whose teams were playing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GSU HAS GOOD FIELD SHOWS AND ALUMNI IS HUGE IN THE TEXAS AREA! I HOPE THEY DO PERFORM I KNOW IN 2011 GSU DID A FUNERAL THE SAME DAY AS THE JSU GAME AND GOT THERE RIGHT AT HALFTIME! THEY MAY END UP DOING THE BOTB AND NOT PARADE. SEEMS AS IF PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO COMMENT ON ANYTHING NEGATIVE on GSU BUT NONE ON THEIR PERFORMANCES OR FIFTHS THIS YEAR GSU WASNT THE ONLY BAND TO NOT SHOW IN 99 WHY THE BIG DAMN DEAL AND PPL KNOW GSU BAND IS NOT BROKE!

Anybody ever thought about they need this BOTB this year to put more buts in the seats along with the crowd that SU and JSU will bring.

That BOTB alone will draw in 4,000 to 6,000 more casual fans that are not interested in the game. I'm also sure that unlike Legion Field that was free, Reliant is going to send the SWAC a big bill for use of their facilities.

Anybody ever thought about they need this BOTB this year to put more buts in the seats along with the crowd that SU and JSU will bring.

That BOTB alone will draw in 4,000 to 6,000 more casual fans that are not interested in the game. I'm also sure that unlike Legion Field that was free, Reliant is going to send the SWAC a big bill for use of their facilities.

You can't tell these folks nothing. All they want to hear are positive comments about everything. Oh the grass is green. Oh the sun is shining. Our conference is wonderful. Everybody's leadership is great.

GTFOH!!

I swear y'all make this board wack and boring. :tdown:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GSU feels like they are too good to attend a SWAC BOTB down the road but get upset when someone makes a comment or opinion about it. FOH...

GSU feels like they are too good to attend a SWAC BOTB down the road but get upset when someone makes a comment or opinion about it. FOH...

and they quick to TRY to talk smack about other schools...aint our fault they aren't funny. :lol:

The only two schools on this site that don't talk trash are UAPB and Valley. :popcorn:

But let Fiyah tell it, he only SEES posters from two schools. Even Stevie Wonder knows that's a lie.

Exactly everybody talks smack you will see more from JSU and SU because its more members from those two schools

and they quick to TRY to talk smack about other schools...aint our fault they aren't funny. :lol:

The only two schools on this site that don't talk trash are UAPB and Valley. :popcorn:

But let Fiyah tell it, he only SEES posters from two schools. Even Stevie Wonder knows that's a lie.

I doubt that I will stay for the battle of the bands but having said that, Grambling should be there and next year (if they do the battle of the bands), they need to make that clear. It's sad that in this conference you have to make teams/schools do stuff. It's just like when the Presidents used to not bother to come to the SWAC meetings until it became mandatory. If the conference sanctions something by vote of the Presidents, EVERY school, including JSU, should be required to participate unless you have a really strong reason not to.

I doubt that I will stay for the battle of the bands but having said that, Grambling should be there and next year (if they do the battle of the bands), they need to make that clear. It's sad that in this conference you have to make teams/schools do stuff. It's just like when the Presidents used to not bother to come to the SWAC meetings until it became mandatory. If the conference sanctions something by vote of the Presidents, EVERY school, including JSU, should be required to participate unless you have a really strong reason not to.

HUMMMMM......................Where have I heard this. :idea:
I think I first heard this about 10 years ago when I said we are the only conference that will allow schools to basically do whatever they want instead of having a hard set of guidelines that cover everybody in the best interest of the conference.

File this under: SWAC schools still doing their own thing and getting away with for decades.

The battle of the bands in 99 turned into a stands battle for awhile too. This is funny cause the last time they did this jsu and su was playing for the championship then too.

Back