SWAC Coaches' Salaries (Fill in the blanks)

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
The list of SWAC coaches' salaries entering into THIS SEASON.

(Alphabetical Order)
School
SalaryCoach
Alabama A&M$155,000A. Jones
Alabama State$140,400R. Barlow
Ark.-Pine BluffM. Coleman
Alcorn State$150,000J. Hopson
Grambling State$225,000D. Williams
Jackson State$191,580R. Comegy
Miss. Valley State$75,000K. Morgan
Prairie View A&M$199,875H. Northern
Southern$200,000S. Mitchell
Texas Southern$150,000D. Asberry

<tbody>
</tbody>

Can any of you fill in the blanks?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
http://www.mississippi.edu/board/downloads/boardbooks/1002.pdf

MVSU
Board approved the employment contract of Karl Morgan for the period January 15, 2010
through June 30, 2010. MVSU is requesting approval to issue a multi-year contract.
Karl Morgan, Head Football Coach, from a contract period January 15, 2010 to June 30, 2010,
salary of $75,000 per annum; E&G Funds; to a contract period of January 15, 2010 to January
15, 2013; no change in salary

MVSU
Board approved the employment contract of Karl Morgan for the period January 15, 2010
through June 30, 2010. MVSU is requesting approval to issue a multi-year contract.
Karl Morgan, Head Football Coach, from a contract period January 15, 2010 to June 30, 2010,
salary of $75,000 per annum; E&G Funds; to a contract period of January 15, 2010 to January

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Anthony Jones is giving a $2500 incentive for winning each of the following:

The Lewis Crew Classic
The Magic City Classic
Homecoming
5K I think for the SCG

Does anyone have their incentives?

NUPE is on the move - Using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Damn...Valley might as well not have a coach. The milk man probably makes more than Morgan.

MVSU

Northern makes 200K? Thats robbery

That was one of things that killed his chances at SU. Even though Stump had only one Head Coaching job, he was taking a paycut from his NFL salary and we agree to the 200K. Heish asked SU for the same as Pete was making and extra assistants. No way that was going to happen. Stump was lucky he was not a college coach coming to SU or he wouldn't have gotten his salary either. I have said we all pay too much for our head coaches and probably too cheap with our assistants. I know some of the FCS coaches have gotten raises. But every since we paid Pete that big salary in the early 2000s it has been a free for all. But at least he had been there awhile before getting that kind of contract. Now we can't go backwards on these salaries anymore. Now everyone is opening the wallets up. Well mostly everyone.

Asberry's contract is heavily incentive based as well but I don't know the exact figures at this time.

That is very low for a football coach. Hopefully when he gets a new contract they at least double his salary. That's if he's winning anyway.

I would not double HIS salary. They already have him. I do think he should get a raise but I bet his assistants make peanuts. That is where I would make changes or add to the staff.

But first, they need to find a way to give out at least 10-15 more scholarships.

Back