SWAC Championship Game, Alabama State vs. Southern University, September 27, 2003

I think that this is very likely but if I were you, I wouldn't count myself out so quick. Yall still got the MCC and I think thats gonna determine the Eastern Division Champ. I think that just like at the BC, the records are left at the door when AAMU and ASU meet. At least yall play like they are. We have the BC and it looks like we may meet GSU undefeated however I don't think the BC will really be the determining factor because the west will already be won. Just my thoughts and opinions.

Jackson St
Jackson won against TSU
Jackson St will lose to AlSt
Jackson St will lose to GSU
Jackson St will lose to AAMU
Jackson St will beat UAPB
Jackson St will beat Alcorn St
JSU Conference 3-4

Alabama State
won against Alcorn
won against UAPB
will beat Jackson
will beat MVSU
will beat SU
will beat PVAM
will beat TSU
Ala St Conference record 6-1

Alabama A&M
AAMU won against MVSU
AAMU has lost to GSU
AAMU will beat SU
AAMU will beat JSU
AAMU will beat Alcorn
AAMU will beat PVAM
AAMU must defeat ASU in the MCC to go to the SCG
AAMU conference Record 6-1

GSU will win the West again

Huh?

Originally posted by MightyDog
Jackson St
Jackson won against TSU
Jackson St will lose to AlSt
Jackson St will lose to AAMU
JSU Conference 3-4

Alabama State
won against Alcorn
won against UAPB
will beat Jackson
will beat MVSU
will beat SU
will beat PVAM
will beat TSU
Ala St Conference record 6-1

Alabama A&M
AAMU won against MVSU
AAMU has lost to GSU
AAMU will beat SU
AAMU will beat JSU
AAMU will beat Alcorn
AAMU will beat PVAM
AAMU must defeat ASU in the MCC to go to the SCG
AAMU conference Record 6-1

GSU will win the West again

:|

,,,,,,,,,,, excuse me MightyDog, but could you be a little more specific please? WHERE'S THE SCORES FOR EACH OF THE GAMES?! YOU FORGOT THE SCORES! I'd like points scored by quarter in each of the games listed. oh, and point spreads too please.

:lmao:

:D

Jackson St
Jackson won against TSU
Jackson St will lose to AlSt (Not likely, we are not PeNuT)
Jackson St will lose to AAMU (HOW???)
JSU Conference 6-1 or 5-2 (you forgot the Valley win)

Alabama State
won against Alcorn
won against UAPB
will beat Jackson (WRONG)
will beat MVSU
will beat SU (WRONG)
will beat PVAM
will beat TSU (MAYBE)
Ala St Conference record 4-3 or 5-2

Alabama A&M
AAMU won against MVSU
AAMU has lost to GSU
AAMU will beat SU(WRONG)
AAMU will beat JSU (WRONG)
AAMU will beat Alcorn (WRONG)
AAMU will beat PVAM
AAMU must defeat ASU in the MCC to go to the SCG (WHO CARES)
AAMU conference Record 3-4 at best

BAYOU CLASSIC winner will win the West again

Re: Huh?

Originally posted by Bartram
:|

,,,,,,,,,,, excuse me MightyDog, but could you be a little more specific please? WHERE'S THE SCORES FOR EACH OF THE GAMES?! YOU FORGOT THE SCORES! I'd like points scored by quarter in each of the games listed. oh, and point spreads too please.

:lmao:

:D

Prediciting scores is not the bottom line to success. What do you look for in a winner? We don't do well against PWC because the majority of their skills players are blacks and they refuse to lose because of the desire not to lose. They become part of the institutionalized system and only a few go on to be successful in life, but those who fail to make it return to their local communties and try to continue displaying a superior attitude, but in reality they are losers in life unless they want to change.

Forming your own thoughts about what I have said but never predict a score unless you factor in the unseen. We are motivated by different things in life and as we play each school our athletes perform at unexpected levels inspite of the coach. Therefore, knowing this, I know that based on the remaining schedule the important games to get to the SCG will have very little to do with coaching but how bad the players want to win.

In reality GetReady asked the question which member of the former big three will be the first to lose to 0-10. Now if we don't think SU will be trying to put a 50 on us we may as well stay home.

Re: Re: Huh?

Prediciting scores is not the bottom line to success. What do you look for in a winner? We don't do well against PWC because the majority of their skills players are blacks and they refuse to lose because of the desire not to lose. They become part of the institutionalized system and only a few go on to be successful in life, but those who fail to make it return to their local communties and try to continue displaying a superior attitude, but in reality they are losers in life unless they want to change.

Forming your own thoughts about what I have said but never predict a score unless you factor in the unseen. We are motivated by different things in life and as we play each school our athletes perform at unexpected levels inspite of the coach. Therefore, knowing this, I know that based on the remaining schedule the important games to get to the SCG will have very little to do with coaching but how bad the players want to win.

In reality GetReady asked the question which member of the former big three will be the first to lose to 0-10. Now if we don't think SU will be trying to put a 50 on us we may as well stay home.

MightyDog, easy; i'm a-pitchin' em and you ain't a-catchin' em! You totally missed my humor in that reply. That was strictly hyperbole. I was insinuating that you gave a very good detailed list as to why you feel it will be AAMU and ASU in the SCG by exaggeration, i.e., asking you for actual scores of the games. Just a humorous reply to your list of wins and loses. I guess I should make that known in future replies or make sure I put the wink avatar at the end of my take when i'm just being facetious. ;)

The way I see it.....
After Saturday Jackson State will be #1 in the East. Alabama State will lose to Southern. Valley will lose to us.

Jackson State 2-0
Bama State 1-1
Alabama A&M 1-1
Alcorn State 1-1
Valley 0-3

I think that's pretty reasonable...RIGHT!
Now, thank God for the Magic City Classic. lol. One of the Bamas have to lose. That means that one of the Bamas (the only contenders for the EAST besides JSU) will end up with atleast two losses. I think a win Saturday will put our team back on the right track MENTALLY. That will carry over into our HOME game against Bama St. A win over Bama State will set JSU up. Our game against Southern doesn't count this year....and a win over ASU will afford us the chance of losing to Gram. If we beat ASU i'll be the Hornets biggest fan on Magic City Classic day. lol. Alcorn and Valley are both in the dumps. The Braves will end up 0-2 against the Bama schools and out of the picture. Valley will be dead if we spank them Saturday. So I think the East picture will be pretty clear after the ASU-JSU game and the Magic City Classic.

If it comes down to the BAYOU CLASSIC....Southern will win the WEST. Why don't people know that? lol.

Jackson State v. Southern
SCG

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME NOISEY......LOL!!!!

JSU WON'T BEAT ASU, AAMU, OR ALCSU......JSUE WILL BE LUCKY TO FINISH 4TH IN THE SWAC EAST!!!

NOISEY YOU NEED TO WAKE YOUR AZZ UP FROM YOUR DREAM....LOL
COACH DUMBBELL GOT YOU JSUE IDIOTS BELIEVING THIS NONSENSE.....WHO'S RESPONSIBLE????

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: smh.....this is going to come back to haunt you. lol. 4th in the EAST huh? ok!

i've said what i had to say.

Say hello to the team ranked #1 in the EAST
05.jpg

tied with the bees for now, but not for long.

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
and a win over ASU will afford us the chance of losing to GramBLING.

If it comes down to the BAYOU CLASSIC....Southern will win the WEST. Why don't people know that? lol.

You will lose to Grambling. Why don't people know that..:D
IF you counting on the Bayou Classic for... see who rep the west the last three years for the rest.

Machiavelli...i know that a loss to grambling is not out of the question....for any swac team. lol.

Answer this.....if SOUTHERN comes into the Bayou Classic and only has to beat GRAMBLING to make it to the SCG.....What do you think will happen?

Be honest.
Go with your heart man.......

Like i said....
Jackson State v. Southern
SCG

Machiavelli...i know that a loss to grambling is not out of the question....for any swac team. lol.

Answer this.....if SOUTHERN comes into the Bayou Classic and only has to beat GRAMBLING to make it to the SCG.....What do you think will happen?

Be honest.
Go with your heart man.......

You can answer that for me when you asnwer this question.....
The last time a trip to scg was on the line who won the bayou classic?

Mach, Doug cannot outcoach Pete. This is just like JSU and Alcorn. One is the Daddy and the other is the beeeooyth. You know what Gram is when it relates to SU.

However, NT is right. You all will see the that the "week later theory" is not a myth. No one has noticed that JSU beat TxSo handlily without passing the ball much. We used a run-pass ration similar to that of when we played A&T. The games where we have passed more, we have lost by more. A lot of people don't realize that Bell is not happy with the offense either. I see where he is trying to go and he won't get there before November but we should be far enough along at this point to compete for the east crown. Valley is an automatic win. If we go to Indy and beat FAMU (which is very possible considering how they are playing), we will be in good shape for the rest of our season. FAMU will be our first real test since NWState. NT is right on point in saying that the Alabama State game is the most crutial in the October stretch because we can afford to lose to Gram and Soutern and FAMU (...and not I am not thinking smalltime) and still win the east because we only have scrubs left (UAPB, AAMU, and Alcorn). The SU game does not count. A split with Gram-AlaState is only good if the win is against AlaState becasue we will need that head to head tie. I disagree with NT in saying that AAMU will beat Alcorn. Not on the reservation. The EAST will be decided on October 11. I don't think AlaState's game against Gram counts making Oct. 11 even more crutial. A backdoor is not open for any EAST team this year. AAMU has to go through AlaState, Alcorn, JSU, Gram and Southern. If they make it, they will have earned it.

BTW, Bell is going to the air Saturday to throw FAMU off. Watch and see. Teams are not going to know what to prepare for. The pass or the run? What do you look for on critical third down plays if we can run and pass the ball effectively? In a minute, this is going to be the sweetest thing I have ever seen. You all do not see what is being built here and by the time you realize it, it will be too late.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
I disagree with NT in saying that AAMU will beat Alcorn. Not on the reservation. The EAST will be decided on October 11.

BTW, Bell is going to the air Saturday to throw FAMU off.

Still hoping against hope, huh tarzan? You usually wait until later in the season to start your "Alcorn help us get to B'ham" begging campaign.

How will Bell go to the air....on Delta or Southwest? Cessna perhaps?

The same way he did against TNState when we passed the ball 50 times. Look for Valley to be a scrimmage for our passing game. Kent is gonna throw for 6 TD's. Don't worry, we won't pass on AAMU. You still have those 160'lb linebackers don't you?

No one has noticed that JSU beat TxSo handlily without passing the ball much.

FAMU will be our first real test since NWState

These are the type of statements that..... well you know..:lmao:

The same way he did against TNState when we passed the ball 50 times.

If memory serves me correctly, you lost that game.....with its 50 passes and all!! You should have stopped while you were nearly ahead, tarzan. You're about to make yourself look foolish.......AGAIN!

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
You can answer that for me when you asnwer this question.....
The last time a trip to scg was on the line who won the bayou classic?

Don't twist statements up like that.......GRAM had to WIN that Bayou Classic to go.....SOUTHERN had no chance of going. I SAID IF SOUTHERN comes into the Bayou Classic and only has to beat Grambling to go to the SCG..... That has never been the case. The BC has yet to be the WEST championship game. I think it will be this year though. .......and we all know what will happen if the BC ends up being the WEST championship.;)

Don't twist statements up like that.......GRAM had to WIN that Bayou Classic to go.....SOUTHERN had no chance of going. I SAID IF SOUTHERN comes into the Bayou Classic and only has to beat Grambling to go to the SCG..... That has never been the case. The BC has yet to be the WEST championship game. I think it will be this year though. .......and we all know what will happen if the BC ends up being the WEST championship.;)

Are you sure? or are you guessing.??

Back