SWAC Battle of the Bands

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This can only be in Jackson....ijs

Sound more like a Birmingham thing. He also talked about the City letting the Swac have Legion Field for free. The thing about this is when will it be held. Band folks will go to these indoor venues since they are temperature controlled arenas (NRG & Mercedes Georgia Dome). Those have been the 2 big venues where there have been these big battle of the bands and the stands were packed. Both events had big time sponsors (Honda & Cracker Barrel) and they also had perfect timing for their event.

There is only 1 correct answer here..the PREMIER football stadium in the SWAC, the ASU Hornet Stadium.

Perfect location with the addition of our brothers from Florida. Mississippi, Louisiana & Texas would be too far for their bands or fans to travel to.

There are only 2 temperature-controlled facilities within the SWAC's footprint: Houston, New Orlens, and possibly Atlanta.

Last edited:
There are only 2 temperature-controlled facilities within the SWAC's footprint: Houston, New Orlens, and Atlanta.

Climate control facilities, since those facilities keep people dry as well if it rains.

Last edited:
I wonder what will happen to the Magic City Classic if Legion Field gets torn down and UAB’s new stadium will only hold 45k. The MCC has an attendance of at least 60k plus each year.

I wonder what will happen to the Magic City Classic if Legion Field gets torn down and UAB’s new stadium will only hold 45k. The MCC has an attendance of at least 60k plus each year.

Lol, they would have to move the game to either Atlanta or New Orleans, or just downsize the event! The new facility is writing on the wall that Legion Field's days are numbered.

Lol, they would have to move the game to either Atlanta or New Orleans, or just downsize the event! The new facility is writing on the wall that Legion Field's days are numbered.

At one time, Birmingham, AL was working to build a dome stadium. Without a NFL franchise, I'm sure those plans will never happen, since brand new dome stadiums cost billions to build. I believe the current renovations of the Superdome is like $450 million. This will be the biggest renovation project since the Superdome opened its doors, with field level suites and the removal of the massive ramps replaced with escalators, elevators, and skywalks in order to make more room for the concourses and concessions. The renovations is being done in phases in order to be completed before the 2024 Superbowl.

If the game is ever moved out of the state of Alabama, which I doubt, Atlanta would be the best choice due to the fairly close proximity of both schools to Atlanta.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

When it moves to a new venue and ticket prices go up, it wont be 60K. Nobody paying more than 20 dollars to see that.

Who cares about attendance.... ticket prices will go up... it will sell out early and the same amount of money will be made. Yall are making this harder than really is....

Back