Swac Basketball Feb 27 - Mar 1

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
SWAC Women's Basketball Games

Saturday, February 27

Texas Southern at Alabama State - 2:00 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Prairie View A&M at Alabama A&M – 2:00 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Alcorn State at Southern - 3:00 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Jackson State at Mississippi Valley State- 5:30 pm (Live Stats I Video)

SWAC Men's Basketball Games

Saturday, February 27

Alcorn State at Southern - 4:30 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Texas Southern at Alabama State - 4:30 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Prairie View A&M at Alabama A&M – 4:30 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Jackson State at Mississippi Valley State- 7:30 pm (Live Stats I Video)

Is Gambrel still out? At this point, a win is a win. Are all teams required to make up these games?

I don't think he was ever out.

No they are not required to make up these games. The NCAA magic number was set at 13 to qualify for the tournament as that seems to be the mid way point for most schools. Having more games is a plus for you especially if they are wins. I don't see any other make up games done since this will be the last week of the regular season. PV was able to make up 3 games last week with stu, Valley & PB to gain more games and more wins. Who knows what will happen in Birmingham with the Swac holding all 16 teams there for the tournament, hopefully nothing happens to pause it with any positive test.

I don't think he was ever out.

No they are not required to make up these games. The NCAA magic number was set at 13 to qualify for the tournament as that seems to be the mid way point for most schools. Having more games is a plus for you especially if they are wins. I don't see any other make up games done since this will be the last week of the regular season. PV was able to make up 3 games last week with stu, Valley & PB to gain more games and more wins. Who knows what will happen in Birmingham with the Swac holding all 16 teams there for the tournament, hopefully nothing happens to pause it with any positive test.

We will only have 11 games smh

I think it’s 13 games total. We will have that
Correct...

I'm not sure how the 4 OOC games figure in on this by what they posted here.

Teams will meet sport sponsorship requirements and be considered for NCAA championship selection if they play 13 games, which represents a 50 percent reduction of the current minimum. For NCAA championship consideration, all 13 games must be against another Division I opponent. The Division I Men's Basketball and Division I Women's Basketball committees also recommended teams play a minimum of four nonconference games.

SWAC Women's Basketball Games

Monday, March 1

Texas Southern at Alabama A&M – 5:00 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Grambling State at Mississippi Valley State– 5:00 PM (Live Stats I Video)
Jackson State at Arkansas-Pine Bluff- 5:00 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Prairie View A&M at Alabama State- 5:30 PM (Live Stats I Video)

SWAC Men's Basketball Games

Monday, March 1

Texas Southern at Alabama A&M – 7:30 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Grambling State at Mississippi Valley State– 7:30 PM (Live Stats I Video)
Jackson State at Arkansas-Pine Bluff– 8:00 pm (Live Stats I Video)
Prairie View A&M at Alabama State- 8:00 PM (Live Stats I Video)

Back